Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glovz said:
Status update needed from killap, please.

EDIT:
Might be time for the weight of this project to shared on the scripting end. Not that killap isn't a modding king; *bows in respect to the king*, but there's no reason someone else couldn't help out.

I nominate Darek.

I only wish I could help script. *sighs*
Thanks for your vote. :)
But I have to decline. I neither have the time nor the willpower to take on any large projects. I prefer to help out a little bit here and there in my own terms, with no obligations.

It's not fun when it feels like work, and every time I do modding intensely for a while I tend to get 'burned out' for a few months. :(

Anyway, scripting really isn't that hard, I practically knew nothing of it before I started playing around with the Fallout files.
Most of what can be done has been done at some point already, so you can always look at other scripts for examples and use a lot of cut and paste. It can be slow and tedious though.
The biggest problems are when you try something not done before and that the engine can be a bit ''quirky'.

Hi I have a bug to report about the restoration project.

I decided to play through fallout 2 after some time not playing it. I was really excited to finally be able to get citizenship from Lynette for doing the gecko power plant evil way.

but much to my dissapointment this still hasn't been fixed. despite the fact it's listed in the readme as the restoration project having fixed it saying lynette will give you the papers.

I killed every ghoul in the city and the power plant and then blew up the reactor. and went back. the only two options to say to her were "nothing yet" or "better get your brahmin to graze a bit east from here to avoid the radiation" or something along those lines.

then she gets angry and tells me to leave! u.u

same reaction as before..so I guess it's a glitch?

Is there something I did wrong? I even tried going back to save file before blowing it up and just killing every ghoul but not blowing up the reactor. and there wasn't an option to say anything other than "nothing yet i'll be back"

I have the restoration project installed only and no other mods. the newest version of the project. and i have the humongous install of fallout 2 on my computer.

Can anyone please tell me does Restoration Project 2.1.2b fix the problem with weird colors and also can I be compatible with the 1.00 version of the game?

Hey guys!

After a long while i decided to replay FO2 again (after being "forced" to play FO3) and finally see the new version of RP.

i currently doing New Reno quests but i already finished everything else with the exception of NCR and San Francisco and i have 3 bugs to report:

1- "Resolve the problem with the nearby village".

if i accept the quest and talk to Ian i am forced to finish it by delivering the guns, no matter if i talked to the Brain &/or McClure
the only way to do it "peacefully" is to talk to Connar and say that McClure is a reasonable man and blah blah blah (the long aswer) after that i must NOT speak with Ian and do the rest of the quest, otherwise i wouldnt get Vault Village's second quest.

2- Dogmeat Armor

Minor bug here, but if i equip Dogmeat's armor in an active item slot, the game crashes

3- "Help Lara attack Tyler's gang"

Another minor bug, if you help Lara but ALL her thugs die (that means 2 in church fight and 1 in the bar brawl) you get "1100 exp for ambushing lara's gang" and if Lara survives she wont reward saying that you killed Tyler's gang on your own.

i hope this helps :D

This new RP is awesome! I only wish the EPA's NPCs had more dialogue.

EDIT: @MarshDanni yeah, it fixes the weird colors if you put in a high resolution, as for working with 1.00 i dont think so, because it it includes the fixes from killap's patch. why would you play 1.00 anyway :P

@BR4ZIL thank you for answering my question so If I understand when I put RP patch I can put a higher resolution on options or do I need the High Resolution patch also I can't get it because I have 1.00 version and HR patch is only compatible with the 1.02d version which I can't get because I have Windows 7 64-bits so this is important to me

MarshDanni said:
Can anyone please tell me does Restoration Project 2.1.2b fix the problem with weird colors and also can I be compatible with the 1.00 version of the game?

Weird colors are caused from hanging on the load screen for too long, if you get them, just Alt+Tab(Minimize) and go back into the game and your colors will be fixed. Whether this is compatible with 1.00 is unknown to me.

sorry if this has been covered, each RP release thread has like 100 pages and id die of old age going through it all :)

anyway, im currently on RP2.1, if i install 2.1.2b on top of it, will i be able to use current 2.1 savegames? if not, any way to patch them manually?

on another note, in my current 2.1 game i accidentally sold a metal pole thinking i wouldnt need it, and the merchants have since got rid of it, is there a way to add it somewhow, via editing the save game perhaps?

speaking of which, why do merchants not keep all the items you sell to them like in vanilla?

BurntAluminum said:
Weird colors are caused from hanging on the load screen for too long, if you get them, just Alt+Tab(Minimize) and go back into the game and your colors will be fixed.
If that doesn't solve your problem, you can try what I do: Start Fallout 1-2, go to main menu, ctrl+alt+del, delete explorer.exe, alt+tab and return to Fallout. Now the colors are normal. :)

anyway, im currently on RP2.1, if i install 2.1.2b on top of it, will i be able to use current 2.1 savegames? if not, any way to patch them manually?

on another note, in my current 2.1 game i accidentally sold a metal pole thinking i wouldnt need it, and the merchants have since got rid of it, is there a way to add it somewhow, via editing the save game perhaps?

speaking of which, why do merchants not keep all the items you sell to them like in vanilla?

You will probably have to start it all over again :|, as for the merchants, to my knowledge the merchants always get rid of the stuff you sell them each time they restock unless its a quest item (even so, i have only seen Randal in vault city keeping quest itens like the day pass)

Now getting the pole back... i think i saw a save game editor compatible with the RP a while ago, but you should double check the merchants you might have possibly sold it to again.

..there are at least two metal poles in RP. Grab the second one and travel throught the wastes with it! :)

First, I really hope I can explain myself well enough soo that there is no doubts about what I need here...

I have recently found out about Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion) and decide to use it. I didn't had any problem instaling it and using it. In the starting screen, it shows on the rigth bottom corner this text:

Fallout II 1.02.27 RP 2.1
sfal 2.12a

I have been using for some hours and I really got myself very happy with him... but... Today I just tried to play and load a savegame and I get this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/123yh.png/

This error happens to every single savegame I have made inside Klamath. The game just crashes like that.

I have been trying to read the ddrawn.ini file and change some values there... search this forums and even other resources in internet... read the FAQS around on this forums... This is the closest thing I have seen about my problem:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=779381&sid=d790fb367e9dee31ebec7172699ee74c

majorjack post talks about a similar problem in a diferent mod but it doesn't really shows how to correct it.

I am using a laptop with windows 7 32 bits version.

Any help would be greatly apreciate, also if more information is needed from me I would be more than happy to oblige.

valcik said:
..there are at least two metal poles in RP. Grab the second one and travel throught the wastes with it! :)

BR4ZIL said:

You will probably have to start it all over again :|, as for the merchants, to my knowledge the merchants always get rid of the stuff you sell them each time they restock unless its a quest item (even so, i have only seen Randal in vault city keeping quest itens like the day pass)

Now getting the pole back... i think i saw a save game editor compatible with the RP a while ago, but you should double check the merchants you might have possibly sold it to again.

thanks guys

the savegames are compatible between RP releases, stated in RP readme actually. just the vanilla ones arent compatible with RP.

and i resolved the metal pole issue by adding it using an editor, cheating sure but whatever ^^. id suggest allowing crowbar to be used instead of pole since those are available all over the place.

before i post this in bugwiki, if i bring the brainbot NPC to EPA and go down the elevator shaft, when i come back up, the bot is not there. the walkthrough states its supposed to just wait at the top since it cant go down, am i missing something?

It will be fixed by the next release - I hope you saved your game in a new slot before entering the EPA.

Peter Petrov said:
First, I really hope I can explain myself well enough soo that there is no doubts about what I need here...

I have recently found out about Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion) and decide to use it. I didn't had any problem instaling it and using it. In the starting screen, it shows on the rigth bottom corner this text:

Fallout II 1.02.27 RP 2.1
sfal 2.12a

I have been using for some hours and I really got myself very happy with him... but... Today I just tried to play and load a savegame and I get this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/123yh.png/

This error happens to every single savegame I have made inside Klamath. The game just crashes like that.

I have been trying to read the ddrawn.ini file and change some values there... search this forums and even other resources in internet... read the FAQS around on this forums... This is the closest thing I have seen about my problem:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=779381&sid=d790fb367e9dee31ebec7172699ee74c

majorjack post talks about a similar problem in a diferent mod but it doesn't really shows how to correct it.

I am using a laptop with windows 7 32 bits version.

Any help would be greatly apreciate, also if more information is needed from me I would be more than happy to oblige.

Something I get...I found uninstalling and re installing the Hi res patch can fix it...latest version...

I have a strange problem, which is probably not a bug, because then someone would already have reported it, and one of my many internet searches would have turned up a result.

My problem is that my "long haired dude" is reverted to a "generic default dude" whenever I load a saved game. Both the sprite and the art/msg on the character sheet is affected. And I have no idea why this is happening, because I haven't messed around with the installation in any way. It's just a manually installed (humongous) 1.0 US version with the RP 2.1.2b applied without any other patches or mods.

At first I thought that it had something to do with loading the game while I was still in the Temple of Trials, before switching to the Vault 13 suit, but no, this problem persists even after completing the trials. How could this be? Is the saved game data somehow not registering the "style" information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back