Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work Killap! I played an old version of the Restoration pack around a year and a half ago so looking forward to giving this is a bash when its out.

On the first day of christmas
the Beardude gave to me
A Fallout beta for free
On the second day of christmas

Right, improvisation has never been my strong side. Would be fun to honour you with something like this though. :P

I have installed the RP v2.1.2b and also the latest Hi-Res patch. I also copied across the RP maps directory from the Hi-Res patch.

I don't see a rock behind Klint with RP version text on it. I have "looked" at the rocks in the area and cannot see it.

I do have the version text info on the game master menu.

Have I mis-installed? I installed a fresh Fallout 2 install.

[EDIT SOLVED: the issue was that I replaced the RP mod map directory with the RP mod map directory in the Hi-Res mod. I should have copied the files in instead, rather than deleting those that were there. The rock is present now on the temple map at the start.]

25iq1iw.jpg

@xsarq
Hah. You didn't say "haz" though.

Things are a bit delayed here with the internal beta but I'm shooting for this weekend. Still coding up the final questline and still need the map from Pixote.

I've been following this thread for some time, with an ever-increasing anticipation. I just got through version 2.1.2b of the Restoration Project and (I'm hoping this is normal, considering the legendary replayability of Fallout 1 and especially 2) I cannot wait to play it again.

I'm holding off until the new release, though: may as well spend some time with the family. ;)

Thank you, Killap and everyone who has worked on the RP (and, for that matter, the UP) throughout the years. Happy holidays.

We will wait as always without bitching. Fan works has its own rights heck Professionals do it the same style when they are on professional level (hello blizzard and their work motto: "it will be done when it will be done")

Edit: I love this spellcheck, wish you guys made an option for gramma check too - it woud helps a lot.

Killap - i dont remember if you used Nsis or Inno for the installer but in case you used Nsis 2.46 i wanted to say that Inno supports LZMA2 now, with ultra compression it could be a nice option to reduce the size of the installer now. ;)

idk if Nsis at SVN supports LZMA2 now, so it's up to you to try it and see, which option is the best for you. ;)

@Felipefpl
I use Inno but haven't updated beyond 5.4.3 since they dropped Win 9x support after that release. I do use the best compression option available though. Can't remember what it is...

I think in this day and age a 160 MB download is pretty small compared to the several GB patches being released.

@.Pixote.
Awesome. I'll be coding away this weekend. Internal beta testing starting Sunday night, I hope. I'll keep everyone posted.

killap said:
I use Inno but haven't updated beyond 5.4.3 since they dropped Win 9x support after that release.
Oh wow I didn't know this. I'll check which version mine is using...

killap said:
I do use the best compression option available though. Can't remember what it is...
"ultra64"

Are there any Windows 9x users (Windows 95, 98, ME) out there that can be part of the beta test?

It was brought to my attention that during installation of the RP one of my script files was failing for that OS. Makes sense since I was using a version of Visual Studio that only support Win 2k and beyond. I plan to address this in the upcoming release, but I don't have a system to test this on.

PM if you are have a Win 9x machine available. Worst case I might try and create a VM but this would save me time. :)

That's right, I care about legacy systems. :P Well, I kinda have to since the game WAS released on them.

Every time I decide to install and play this game after a few year hiatus I come back to more work that killap is putting into the game... Props to you, good sir!

I guess I'll play through FO1 and NV for the next week and wait for this to be released. Keep up the great work, it's very much appreciated!

I'm not sure if i can help,but i'm a Windows XP user. If you need an additional beta tester with this background, just let me know.

Deevious said:
Every time I decide to install and play this game after a few year hiatus I come back to more work that killap is putting into the game... Props to you, good sir!

I guess I'll play through FO1 and NV for the next week and wait for this to be released. Keep up the great work, it's very much appreciated!

I consider you most fortunate. Ever since I stumbled upon the Restoration Project, I can't take a hiatus of more than five or six months, tops, before I get bitten by the bug to go back and try tweaking my character just a bit. ;)

Maybe there's a FAQ on this somewhere, but does Killap accept donations for the time that he and others have put into this project? Or a suggested charity of some sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back