Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA (ie NOT FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
krynillix said:
Killap any chance getting Turbo plasma going back to the original like FO1 with 1 AP less?

What happens with old save games from the most recent RP version.

May I suggest having merchant encounters when going into caves too, not only critters and robbers.

There is a nifty program that I've been using for years by Cubik, called the F2WEDIT that you can do any change you want to whatever weapon you want or add your own. It should be in the download section here. I've found it extremely useful and pretty simple to use. If you want, you can take that plasma rifle and have it 1 AP and full auto. The possibilities are endless and you can play the game they way you want, not how others dictate how you can play. You should check it out.

Bit frustrated...

My save game is corrupted. When I try to load it, I get an error saying cannot load game.

I'm frustrated because I just had a grueling fight clearing out a cave full of robbers, and really don't wish to repeat it.

Here is the corrupted save: http://sharesend.com/5czrl8ug. SLOT05 is right before corruption. SLOT06 is corrupted.

Could someone take a quick peek at the saves and try to figure out why its corrupted, and possibly fix it? This also might be revealing a flaw in the underlying mod, and so fixing this will benefit all othe

@ Mactab

That save is pretty messed up.
Corrupted map (need to clear all critters from map, not only delete the ones you can see) plus the protos in the proto folder in the save game slot are all damaged and need to be replaced.

No idea how this might have happened, but by the looks of things it's yet another combat save related issue.

While it's fixable (mostly anyway), I just don't find it worth the effort. Sorry, but it's just too much that needs to be replaced and much of it I can't even see what it's supposed to be (Cassidy's inventory and the proto data...).

Also, I don't think this has anything to to with the mod. It looks like an internal engine issue. I believe something goes wrong in the critter script table when the game tries to remove them (we've seen the game has problems with script tables before with the "too many items bug"). As for the damaged protos, I have no idea. Never seen that before, but then I haven't really been checking that either.

Hmm..Never had this happen before.

I was doing the Chad skimming money quest in Broken Hills. After one of the guys told about the security system in Chad's house, I went to his place and searched the drawer. I didn't find anything suspicious from there (It has PE or skill check?) and then Chad came.

Instead of attacking after the combat started, he just ran away (too high lvl?) and I was able to end the combat, meaning that I didn't have to kill him. Then, I searched the drawer again, and I found the evidence this time.

I was able to tell Marcus about it, like the way that he was still alive (so he was sent in to jail).

So, because of this, it's possible to finish the quest the good way/without killing him, even if you fail to find the evidence the first time.

Should it be changed?

Also, I can't remember anymore where to get the armor for Marcus. Anyone wanna help?

My point was, that it doesn't matter if you fail the stat check, (which causes him to turn hostile) because he'll just run away, making the whole stat check completely useless. You won't even get any extra rewards from it and you can STILL send Chad to jail.

IMO sending Chad to jail/keeping him alive/doing the quest the "right" way should be only available if you pass the stat check (= won't turn hostile).

Music

Before the final release, what about some soundtrack upgrade?

Personally, I'd prefer to hear the original music of Vault 13 from Fallout 1 ("Vault of the Future;" 06VAULT.ACM) in Fallout 2 in there as well.

The actual track ("Vats of Goo;" 08VATS.ACM) is heavy used in the game in many other locations -- Broken Hills, SAD, EPA and outside of Mariposa Military Base, I suppose... so nobody should miss it.

And there are many more of interesting tracks, for example:

* Metallic Monks (04BRTHRH.ACM)
* Second Chance (15SHADY.ACM) -- to Vault Village, probably...
* Radiation Storm (04GLOW.ACM)

Fallout 2, especially with the RP is a very long act so that would be cool for a bit of variegation, wouldn't it? :)

Hi everyone,

First things first: thanks for the wonderful patch and restoration project. It's an incredible undertaking and so far it's turning out great.

<strike>I have, however, found a bug in the beta release: when I start a new game and talk to Klint he does not speak his usual lines but i
The only thing I can say to him is along the lines of "just wanted to say hello; I'm leaving on my holy quest".
nstead gives me the generic "hello Chosen One, how can I help you".

Crosschecked this with a separate install of the unofficial patch and there Klint acts normal.

The beta release was installed atop a clean Fallout2 install, with the "full installation" option.</strike>

EDIT: Eh, my bad. Checked it *again* with another fresh install and everything's fine.

Re: Music

bukypetr said:
Before the final release, what about some soundtrack upgrade?

Personally, I prefer to hear the original music of Vault 13 from Fallout 1 ("Vault of the Future;" 06VAULT.ACM) in Fallout 2 as well.

The actual track ("Vats of Goo;" 08VATS.ACM) is heavy used in the game in many other locations -- Broken Hills, SAD, EPA and outside of Mariposa Military Base, I suppose... so nobody should miss it.

And there are many more of interesting tracks, for example:

* Metallic Monks (04BRTHRH.ACM)
* Second Chance (15SHADY.ACM) -- to Vault Village, probably...
* Radiation Storm (04GLOW.ACM)

Fallout 2, especially with the RP is a very long act so that would be cool for a bit of variegation, wouldn't it? :)

This is a really intriguing idea to me. I was trying to think the other day if Radiation Storm were anywhere in FO2 (with or without the RP).

Making use of "what's there" is one of the things I admire most about the RP, since we have all this great content that was just not used and could be fleshed out (e.g., the EPA) or that could be ported over from FO1 resources (e.g., the armor from Marcus, which I believe was taken from The Lieutenant in FO1.. someone please correct me if this is incorrect since it's been a while!).

Even so, the purist in me (and I may speak only for myself) would have some issues with changing existing locations from their defaults.

Proposal: If music is changed, can we change it in locations that were added, restored, or otherwise made available in the RP (depending upon how you look at it)? This means the EPA, the Abbey, the Shi Submarine, the Hubologist Stash, the Vault Village, maybe a random encounter or two (the Vorpal Rat?), the Shi plant quest maybe, and probably plenty more I'm forgetting.

Edit: Okay, had a bit of a realization here. Because of intellectual-property ownership reasons, I don't know if FO1-specific music actually can be included, as it doesn't necessarily come packaged with FO2 installs and would probably have to be included in the RP installer to do what we're requesting here. (I just took a look at my disks and it appears that neither FO1 nor FO2 contains all music that comes with the other.) Sorry for the noise.

personally i'd put the vault 13 soundtrack at the abbey, and l.a boneyard, at primitive tribe

the vault 13 song reflect their will to save the knowledge, it gives an impression of secret exchange of knowledge between them

and finally the primitive tribe, it gives the impression of a warrior tribe but calm and composed with a dreamy air, perfect when you approach the ocean

I like the abbey soundtrack... I would be sorry to see it changed...

Still, I am intrigued by the suggestion of using F1 soundtracks in F2 locations, as an option. Many of us have both disks so it should be a simple matter to write an installer which would prompt the user to insert his or her F1 disk to copy the files over...

in a few month, interplay won't even have the rights to sell fallout, who's gonna tell you that it is forbidden to use fallout 1 contents next ? bethesda ?
don't be silly please the game is 15 years old

Nibiru said:
in a few month, interplay won't even have the rights to sell fallout, who's gonna tell you that it is forbidden to use fallout 1 contents next ? bethesda ?
don't be silly please the game is 15 years old

@Nibiru Heh. Fair enough. I guess my opinion of Bethesda is low enough (for good reason or not) that I wouldn't put such a move past them, if only to keep their names in the public eye. Some companies seem to me to thrive upon controversy.

@teukros True enough, too, that plenty of us own the disks for both of the original games.

how's the 2.2 version coming? any ETA yet? this BETA thing is really going on so long now...

i don't understand why not to put some changes, and release updates. So developer can get some back up, and progress will be visible.

GodKiller_222 said:
There was DCBLKJCK script for Blackjack in original Fallout 2. It's still not implemented in RP?

This sounds cool. Damn i love the blackjack mini-game in NV ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back