Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ everyone currently doing a playthrough and reporting to the wiki

I plan to release source files soon and while I'm at it, I'll release another update to squash any issues posted. So if you're playing, keep reporting and post here when you're done. It seems there are 3-4 of you actively posting on the wiki, so I want to wait until you've all been through the entire game before I go ahead and make one more push. So yeah, let me know.

Nice, this is the only way to go ! Actually at this stage would never expected still having those serious bugs exist, we shall see whats yet to come though hehe. Me and my unnamed friend been playing and will make it to end definitly and playing with care to not miss any bug as much as possible killap.

One side note; In Toxic Caves level 2 starting from first golden gecko, whenever I start combat it automatically is closed and opened right after, as if the golden gecko firstly sees you and thus, it always be his turn to spend, tested this many times and this always happens. Currently at work though and have killed all geckos there so can not provide any savegame for now. So if you are playing you should see.

Actually at this stage would never expected still having those serious bugs exist, we shall see whats yet to come though hehe. Me and my unnamed friend been playing and will make it to end definitly and playing with care to not miss any bug as much as possible killap
Based on the wiki I wouldn't say there have been any serious bugs reported for the current release. Sure there's the crash bug at the Vault Village, but it's not guaranteed and seems to be more common when one takes the evil path anyway.

Anyway, thanks for playing and keep us posted.

I recently downloaded this Mod loving it so far :D but how do i turn on Cassidy's talking head and voice?

I recently downloaded this Mod loving it so far :D but how do i turn on Cassidy's talking head and voice?
If you didn't select the talking head and voice options during the installation, you have to run the installer again for them.

thanks guess i'll just restall it

edit: Ah i didn't see you could scroll down there and add extra stuff thanks again ;)

Last edited:
One side note; In Toxic Caves level 2 starting from first golden gecko, whenever I start combat it automatically is closed and opened right after, as if the golden gecko firstly sees you and thus, it always be his turn to spend, tested this many times and this always happens. Currently at work though and have killed all geckos there so can not provide any savegame for now. So if you are playing you should see.
I don't have the issue you described. In level 2 I can start the combat and move around or open inventory as usual for any golden gecko.
And yes, even using your "workbench" savegame is the same.

Last edited:
I don't have the issue you described. In level 2 I can start the combat and move around or open inventory as usual for any golden gecko.
Problem I've experienced gotto be coming from because of critter being not got aware of me yet, but then again it should not force me to end battle and right after open it up, by giving the sequence for golden gecko. Maybe its not a golden gecko specific problem but this is what I've lived untill now. However will try to re-produce on other encounter to be 100% sure.

So you can still say this is not the case for you ?

Problem I've experienced gotto be coming from because of critter being not got aware of me yet, but then again it should not force me to end battle and right after open it up, by giving the sequence for golden gecko. Maybe its not a golden gecko specific problem but this is what I've lived untill now. However will try to re-produce on other encounter to be 100% sure.
So you can still say this is not the case for you ?
Yes, I even use your savegame and the jinxed red hair character. I can start combat, open inventory, spend AP for moving as usual after killing the first golden gecko in level 2, and it won't be closed and reopened automatically. Plus there's another golden gecko about 20 or more hexes away. Unless I misunderstood your description.
Of course it would be better if someone else can verify the problem you're having.

Last edited:
@ everyone currently doing a playthrough and reporting to the wiki

I plan to release source files soon and while I'm at it, I'll release another update to squash any issues posted. So if you're playing, keep reporting and post here when you're done. It seems there are 3-4 of you actively posting on the wiki, so I want to wait until you've all been through the entire game before I go ahead and make one more push. So yeah, let me know.

Just posted two minor typos (one of which may not even be a typo) to the wiki. You know my tendencies by now. :look:

One is a random encounter with save game, where a model is referred to on hover as "scared traveler"--wondering if it should be "scarred traveler" in line with the rough-and-tumble post-apoc world.

The other is just a stray comma in a Kaga dialog line--couldn't provide save game since Kaga encounters are unpredictable and this line only happens on entry, but should be pretty easy to find in the dialog files.

Edit: My changes disappeared from the Wiki since this morning and I'm not sure why. The Kaga dialog line started out "Well, I AM, the Chosen One..." The comma after "AM" should probably be removed, to form the statement, "Well, I AM the Chosen One..." Meanwhile, my download link (for the "scared traveler" concern) is: http://www.merenbach.com/fallout/SLOT10.zip

Last edited:
Why bug report under 'Ranger Safe Houses' got removed ?
Also could you able to fix Slaver Camp bug reported on wiki which is annoying + quite curious why still not confirmed ?
'Cult of personality' report is likely to be fixed in next release ? What can you say about that ?
@killap you say you have the source which you gonna share, so considering that, engine bugs should not be problem anymore for you ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bug report under 'Ranger Safe Houses' got removed ?
Also could you able to fix Slaver Camp bug reported on wiki which is annoying + quite curious why still not confirmed ?
'Cult of personality' report is likely to be fixed in next release ? What can you say about that ?
@killap you say you have the source which you gonna share, so considering that, engine bugs should not be problem anymore for you ?
Uh, according to the wiki page's history, killap didn't remove your recent bug reports. Your "Ranger Safe Houses" report got marked as FIXED.
Most of remaining engine issues can't be fixed by RP mapping or scripting. They need to be fixed via sfall or hi-res patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Version : 1.02.03(GOG version)
RP : 2.3.2 Installer

Hello again @killap.
I tried with my desktop, still CTD happened.

Here is my situation.
1. when Chosen one die, Just crash to desktop. There is no exception.
2. Whenever I try to move westside or eastside of New reno from second street, game is crashed.
Actually, If I try to back to virgin street from second street, game is crashed. Even I go out to world map and come back to new reno map, same crash happen.
For the test, I started new game and ran to new reno. and same problem happened.

But when I disabled hi-res graphic mod like your advice, CTDs didn't happen.

So I tried Legacy mod, but it didn't work.

I died properly when I tried high-res mod only or vanilla version.

I tried the game without highres mod, but when I back to vult city council area from new reno, map problem happened. When I turned highres mod on again, map problem disappeared.

Please, help.

save file link :
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB9427F8A9D6D292!107

Last edited:
killap - please consider using 7-zip for your manual installers. You will get much smaller files e.g. RP as .7z is only 106.5MB instead of 169.5MB as .rar file.

Made a new character, was thinking of using the redhead but noticed that it wasn't the ingame model of said redhead (visible in Maltese Falcon/Café of Broken Dreams and I believe on the Rig as well). How come that one didn't get used?

Made a new character, was thinking of using the redhead but noticed that it wasn't the ingame model of said redhead (visible in Maltese Falcon/Café of Broken Dreams and I believe on the Rig as well). How come that one didn't get used?
Ditto that. I for one also curious about the reason behind, since current red haired character is 'hardly' could be called as a gal since its looking rather manly..

Ditto that. I for one also curious about the reason behind, since current red haired character is 'hardly' could be called as a gal since its looking rather manly..

The red-haired character that appears in the vanilla game is lacking most of the sprites required to use her as a player character. It would require a lot of hours of very tedious work to get all the required sprites made. However, the red-head (and the blonde) that comes as an option in the RP installer is based off a fan-made 3D model. I personally don't think either of them fit very well with the game, but some people seem to enjoy them, so that's why the option is there.

RP 2.3.2

Quest to get back spleen :) in San Francisco. Dr. Wong agreed to give it back, so have to talk with the Dr. Fung about an operation. However his only floating response is to talk to cult doctor's - dialog isn't available to resolve the matter. Haven't joined hubologists, although took some quests from them.

How this problem happened and could be resolved?

Save (active for 1 week): http://we.tl/D9pDQvxLZo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back