Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, incredible work all around. All the new content, from quests to locations to features, is perfectly integrated and seems like it was always part of the game. The design and writing and all that, it could have been in the game from Black Isle and I would not know any different. So yeah, thanks.

I love reading this kind of praise. It's exactly what we were aiming for. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cassidy and his talking head is awesome. The voice acting took a while to get used to, but it is ok too.

I'm glad Cassidy's voice was able to grow on you. I honestly don't think I have the best voice for the character, but it was a bummer to have such an amazing talking head with no voice to go along with it. And since I have good quality recording equipment and some acting experience, I gave it a shot. Perhaps in the future someone with a more fitting voice could give it a go.

Hey Killap, did u see my post? Also, one other odd bug I forgot to mention..My char has an intelligence of 7, yet whenever I try to use a slot machine, I get the text for stupid characters and I cannot use it O.o

I wonder how many people really read the first post to use the bug report wiki, or at least provide a savegame.

well, I'm hesitant to label it a bug w/o hearing from others first, because what if something just got dinged up on my end during install or something?! then it's not a bug, and I just added something that isn't actualy a problem for anyome but me.

Now I didn't realize about providing a save file, I've never before had to report any glitches/bugs for this or any other mod I've used. Sorry if I didn't report the way I'm 'supposed' to. I see people reporting stuff here all the time, assumed that's one of the things the topic was for :c

Ever since I went to the Sierra Army Depot map, I've been having completely random game crashes!! The first time it happened, I was in the Sierra Army Depot map, the Battlefield--I was in the room with the Howitzer, and tried to search one of the shelves. My game just shut down.

The second time it happened, it was in the control room where you talk to Skynet. I was just examining a computer, when the game just shut down.

From my understanding, crashes like this are nearly impossible to address if they aren't repeatable. If they are repeatable (e.g. it crashes every single time you search the shelf near the howitzer) then the problem can most likely be resolved if you upload a save file with your PC at that location for killap or others to examine.

ah, well, they don't repeat like that--exception being the slot bug. I flat cannot play slots, even tho my high inteligence charactet should be able too lool! the crashing happens completely at random, no one thing seems to set it off.

thst said, I'll upload my save file if I can figure out how, so the slot issue can be addressed!

ah, well, they don't repeat like that--exception being the slot bug. I flat cannot play slots, even tho my high inteligence charactet should be able too lool! the crashing happens completely at random, no one thing seems to set it off.

thst said, I'll upload my save file if I can figure out how, so the slot issue can be addressed!

It's not only about intelligence, you also need to have a gambling skill of at least 25% to play. Sounds to me that is our problem.

As for your crashes, if they are completely random it's next to impossible to figure anything out. Need some kind of consistency...
Anyway, you said you used F2se, so I thought I should warn you about a potential problem with it. Changing one item into something else works fine, but creating a new item is not SAFE. It can make your savegame unstable. I've seen it happen when creating armors and drugs. I don't know whether the save becomes stable again once the items are removed or if it fucks it up permanently.

Omg the gambling skill is the problem then, it,s at 20--I never knew you had to have 25. I was going to use the toaster's skill (the freaky lil kitchen appliance from the EPA) to net some free caps. Guess I'll level up gambling first lol! Thanks Darek, that at least solves that one problem!

Last edited:
I just wanted to mention that i did finally get this mod to work. Although im not very far past the Temple at this point what ive seen so far is very good.

To get the mod to work i had to replace the Sfall files installed from the auto installer with the ones from the Win 95-98-ME folder in the manual install and it loaded right up (odd considering im useing windows XP, though mabey not since it is a very old xp comp). Heres hoping i dont run into any other issues. Big Thanks to Drobovik for the assistance.

Great work on the new release of the mod I haven't found any bugs yet great job! A small suggestion for the future, maybe you could add children to arroyo seeing as how the intro show's them. If not that's fine, I'm just giving a suggestion that could improve a Fallout 2 players experience.

(...)To get the mod to work i had to replace the Sfall files installed from the auto installer with the ones from the Win 95-98-ME folder in the manual install and it loaded right up (odd considering im useing windows XP, though mabey not since it is a very old xp comp). Heres hoping i dont run into any other issues. Big Thanks to Drobovik for the assistance.

Same here, old xp install on an too old for office kind of pc xD and the same (i guess) problem with running.
So i wonder what fileS did you used, cause the only one i needed to overwrite was ddraw.dll.
Don't know is that good but i used the one from sfalls "modderspack 3.3".
(file desc: 3.1.1.0, sfall, built for Fallout 2 v1.02 US)

EDIT: btw i would like to report something strange in the EPA map,
i noticed that probably only cause i have a crappy pc. (hardly a bug)
I get a slowdown(in f2 looool!!!) when i put/move the camera around EPA building.
Yes only around the building, the map is fine on it's own
(around of around the building is good xD)
but when i put the camera on/around the building everything sloooooowssss theee fuuu... you get the point.

I got also one more before in SAD somewhere, but i ignored that since i got the browser with some tabs opend all the time and my cpu begs me to kill him from a few years now, plus it was not sooo sloooooww... ok i'll stop now xD
But like i said hadly a bug, it's not exactlly a fps ralated game so just saying,
there's something tricky about that map.
Maybe it's that scripts or whatever that allows your dogs and robots to wait for you on the surface if you have any, i don't but still the scripts are there ;)

EDIT_2: btw2 xD
About the "Mr. Chemmie" machine,
as awesome as it is i consider this an exploit that it's not using any ingame time to do stuff.
Usually i love to take advantege of exploits in the games cause hey it's allowed! xD
But not in fallout, well common there is no easy ways in wastelands!
But since it's allowed i just grinded the crap out of that computer, with too much fruits/nukacolas and stimpacs on me.
And the reason i did not did all those with Myron before was cause i did not wanted too lose that precious time i can use for saving my tribe xD (roleplaying guys, roleplaying) so i did only few super stimpacks on him.

With this bad boy over here in EPA i just starded dialog and pressed the: 2,2,1 combination 99times.
(yeah i had exactly 99 fruits from the trunk xD)
Then i got to the dispenser, pressed "T" (from party_op hot keys)
and leave the pc to go make myself some coffe singing: "I got 99 problems but super stimpacks ain't one" xD

P.s.: that dispenser could use a container xD

Last edited:
Gotta say, incredible work all around. All the new content, from quests to locations to features, is perfectly integrated and seems like it was always part of the game. The design and writing and all that, it could have been in the game from Black Isle and I would not know any different. So yeah, thanks.

I love reading this kind of praise. It's exactly what we were aiming for. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cassidy and his talking head is awesome. The voice acting took a while to get used to, but it is ok too.

I'm glad Cassidy's voice was able to grow on you. I honestly don't think I have the best voice for the character, but it was a bummer to have such an amazing talking head with no voice to go along with it. And since I have good quality recording equipment and some acting experience, I gave it a shot. Perhaps in the future someone with a more fitting voice could give it a go.

I thought the voice acting was fine, and sounded alot better than most video game mods I've played.

I tried searching for this question, but found nothing, so my apologies if this is a dupe.

I love FO2RP. There is one gripe I have that I can't find a solution for.

With the RP installed, every random encounter I join puts me dead center in the middle of the encounter.

In the original FO2, I recall that my PE affected how far away I was from the encounter itself. With high PE, I would be far enough away from the encounter that if i wanted to run, I could. Now, with the RP, even with 8 PE, I'm always spawned directly in the smack-dab-middle of it. This makes thing unreasonably difficult, particularly in the early game, since I quite often am spawned directly in the middle of a band of robbers or slavers packing SMGs. Last night, I was spawned literally adjacent to an SMG-wielding slaver that killed Sulik in the first round before I'd even acted.

I have to say this seems like a bug to me. It's been around in the RP for a while, at least as far back as I remember using the RP, and doesn't seem to fit in with the entire purpose of PE and Outdoorsman.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way around this or to fix it?

It's been a few weeks and I haven't seen a response to this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavioral difference between FO2 vanilla and FO2RP.

It seems the scenes are configured in a plain text file, and configurable, but I'd still like to know what the thinking processes is behind random encounters in the RP, as it seems they are almost all universally "You are completely surrounded by your enemies despite your PE and outdoorsman level".

Any takers?

It's been a few weeks and I haven't seen a response to this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavioral difference between FO2 vanilla and FO2RP.

It seems the scenes are configured in a plain text file, and configurable, but I'd still like to know what the thinking processes is behind random encounters in the RP, as it seems they are almost all universally "You are completely surrounded by your enemies despite your PE and outdoorsman level".

Any takers?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restoration Project walkthrough said:
It was killap's intention to bring the game closer to what it was originally - you should be afraid of venturing into the wastes.
This particular quote is of course about the bigger number of encounters, but still the problem you refering to fits in such explanation.
I do not have an answer to your question, but that is my explanation, the challenge of westes is a reason. ;)
Plus it's possible that not only PE makes the diffrence here now, but this i can't tell you.

From the game i can say i am indeed often put close to the enemies but then again not in the dead center, not even in the beginning of the playthrough.

Last edited:

The voice was fine. It was just unusual really. Very growly, more than I would expect :)

I have a quick question not necessary related to the RP itself as to F2, or is it?
And the question is, when those the game consider critter armored?
I just can't wrap my head around it.

I'm asking cause i try to determine when it's most efficient to use AP ammunition,
or on whom to use it.
I guess the answer will be pretty straight forward for humanoids,
like metal armor and better?
But what about creatures? Wanamingos for one are supposedly armored, are they?
And why would i even know that?
Is there some AC threshold for critters which tell us "yup that fu**er is armored!"
or is there some formula for this?

I don't know is that important for the answer but i use RPs version of YAAM ;)

Killap After I install the project I install the editor Fallcrk2 but I have tried different ways to install and every time I try to open it it doesn't open to mod character
can u help .. Thanks The Geez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back