Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

A separate note on Vorpal Rat And Arthur's Knights

The 1st encounter I forget to kill them. Then again, with one combat armor in the party plus the normal middle game equipments... I am not sure I can kill them.

The 2nd encounter, I let the Vorpal Rat kill them. If I can loot those bodies, I am going to get access to the highest level loot: gatling laser for example. And that is before I get to Navarro/San Francisco.

Problem is: Vorpal Rat. Some of the time Myron's needler pistol can score 1 or 2 dmg. Luckily, we have Sulik who can hit 3 times per turn and averageing 2.5 dmg each hit.

A strange thing is that grenades can score some damage: from the lowliest Molotov to Pulse grenade. problem is Sulik is close to the rat so that is no can do.

In order to kill this Rat without using the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, we are going in for a lengthy fight. Very lengthy.

I am using all the top secret tricks on this rat.

Usually you won't get their weapons because their weapons are removed on death, unless when they're knocked out.
Vorpal Rat has 500 DT and 100% DR for all damage types. An easier way to kill it without using the holy hand grande is trying to score an instadeath crit, as instadeath crit for rats has much lower threshold and doesn't require Better Criticals.

Boobs! I havent checked their corpses because I am fighting that Rat. The Gatling laser does drop, but no other weapon.

As for its DR/DT, I did check its proto. Which is why it's very surprising that the lowly Molotov can cause damage. And Sulik's mega power fist. And quite rarely Myron's Needler pistol.

I use MPF/Needler and it create 0 dmg. So I am guessing Sulik's extra melee dmg come into play. Myself has Pyromaniac affect the improved flamer (with fuel mk2). But in that case what about Myron? What make him able to damage it. if he hit with NP, I think 8/10 chance he can create 1 dmg.
(because I use Fast Shot from start so eyshot is out of question. We minced it to death)

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a very noobish problem, and I swear i scoured the internet with it, but all solution didnt worked for me.

I'm on macbook pro 13" 2016, high sierra,
I bought F2 GOG version, installed with Porting Kit, using template install provided within Porting kit.

Then no matter what I do, I can't enable highlight item. Here are a couple of thing i've tried:

Vanilla fresh install - edit ddraw.ini: [ToggleItemHighlightsKey=42]
- Change different dxscan key input - doenst work
- Add highlight container & corpse - doesnt work

Vanila GOG w sfall 4.2.6 - edited [sfall-mods.ini]
- same, doesnt work

RP - doesnt work

RP with sfall - doesnt work

---

I'm from Vietnam, so i have a special app for vietnamese typing app, disable it, doesn't work.
Fresh install and everything all over again - doesnt work.

--
Noticed mac system saying Fallout2/Portingkit want to control your computer in Privacy setting.
- approve, then start all over again. doesnt work.

Now, I might be super stupid and missed some fundamental step somewhere ...

I'm at the verge of partitioning my Harddrive to install windows just to play it with highlighting item ... this is my 2nd time playing it, after 18 years ... and i want to clean every bit of content ...

Sorry for the long post, i dont have a potato.
Sorry for the whining. I'm at my wit's end.

adv[THANKS]ance

You might want to check if the text editor you use automatically added UTF-8 BOM to your INI. Notepad is a typical example on this. UTF-8 BOM in ddraw.ini will cause sfall unable to recognize the settings.
And make sure sfall is really loaded by the game, there should be a "SFALL X.Y" version text in the bottom-right corner of the main menu.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, i will check it now, im using text editor native in Mac, it does change the icon of the file, now that i recall.

Updated:
Idk what happened, but ... it worked now, pretty well, both with RP and latest Sfall, only problem is alt+tab doens't minimize it.

Thanks a lot for everything. My last 2 days seems like a bad luck streak or something

Last edited:
Strangely I recently also have those (not similar) issues go away after a few days. it's hair pulling but there you have it~

Using ammo option of Haenlomal's Yet Another Ammo Mod. And what's we have? Gauss ammo is super nerfed. The most expensive/rare ammo in the game and damage is equal to the a normal JHP bullet.

Imma change back to F2 default. FFS!
-------------

Talking about weird bug. If I get into a map with ghouls, like Gecko courtyard, or Gecko junkyard underground, there's a small chance one or more ghouls get reduced to to a pool of blood. it could be some generic ones like like the bar customers, or it could be the ghoul bartender in Broken Hills.

I am not saying this is a RP bug, because the last few runs with RP I dont have this bug. and this run I mess with quite a few mod scripts.

Last edited:
Note on SAD's alarming system (which we want to activate to kill the bots to loot the corpse of mr handies because we want to loot it all).

Generally when I want to activate alarm in one floor I used to drop a dynamite on a force field to change it from blocking yellow into damaging red.

But now I find that just normally USE the retina scanner next to the elevators (instead of use the two eyeballs) will activate it.

It's not so much the saving of three dynamites, but the prevention of three damaging force field that is desirable here.
======
Note on Fast Shot:

The incredibly disabling feature of not able to AIM shots is unexpectedly risky againts boss who is super resistant: Vorpal Rat, Masticator, Bridgekeeper, etc and I am guessing Lt Frank Horrigan too.

You just have to pour fire like crazy and hope some get through. it's very demoralizing to see 4-5 shots in return for 1-2 damage per turn.

In fact it's even more demoralizing than the Finessee feature of trading normal damage for criticals. Since we know we are waiting for the crits after all

the bad feel might go away after we get sniper/slayer, which is level 24. Until then, enjoy the fucking blue against bosses.

After this run I will never pick up Fast Shot again.

Last edited:
Greetings! I have been experiencing an odd Fallout 2 windowed resolution issue with Restoration Project.
On both GOG and Steam fresh download and installation of Fallout 2 [v1.02.31], which both auto-include sfall [v3.3a], after installing the default Full Installation of Restoration Project [v2.3.3] on my Windows 10 desktop, I can launch Fallout 2 from either FALLOUT2.exe or FALLOUT2HR.exe and configure it to be in windowed mode.

However, when modifying the resolution within Fallout 2 to be anything other than 640x480 resolution, it does not take effect unless I also check the Scale x2 option, return to the main menu, and then uncheck the Scale x2 option. This works for that session, but the settings having taken effect (a change in windowed resolution) are lost upon closing out of Fallout 2 and opening it again, as it shows again as 640x480. It will retain the change in Scale x2 if I make one and exit. I can change listed resolutions in f2_res_Config.exe, and they will appear correct in its config file. Although, this doesn't have any effect in Fallout 2 itself except for Windowed and Scale x2 checkboxes.

If I change ddraw.ini Graphics-> Mode=0 to read as Mode=5 I am able to have Fallout launch in a window with the resolution I choose in its screen config. However, with this workaround I am unable to move my mouse cursor outside of the Fallout 2 window, or minimize it.

I am happy to provide copies or snippets of any of my config files, screenshots, or record video of specific actions to help troubleshoot this. I would quite like to play Fallout 2 windowed in high resolution and be able to move my mouse around the rest of my monitor.

PasteBin link for User/AppData/Roaming f2_res.ini
PasteBin link for ddraw.ini
PasteBin link for Fallout2 folder f2_res.ini
Windows 10 build 2004
NVIDIA 1080ti GPU
Happy to provide any other information to aid in troubleshooting!

Surely the latter, afaik it wasn't finished, sure maybe most if not all the content he intended to add made it in but he was still polishing the latest release and would have surely continued to do so for a long time if he would have been able to do so.

killap asked me in PM if I'm still up for testing the upcoming RP 2.4, and a summary of sfall updates on his last active day.
I would assume that he had some accident or just gone, but according to Lexx's finding with DomainTools killap.net was updated on 2019-12-25 and will expire on 2020-12-24. Not sure if it will be updated again on this Christmas or if it's done by automatic payment.

Back