Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Does anyone know if PID 449 - UNUSED, is being used in any way in RP (including vanilla)?
Any proto that you know for sure is not used?

It was supposed to be a Hubologist holodisk but never implemented, "#define PID_ECON_HOLODISK (449)" in itempid.h.
killap included it as one of the "special items" in various merchant goods scripts, of course it's unobtainable unless one cheats.

I noticed that some random encounters seem to have odd weapons for how early you encounter them. Not sure if this is a restoration project issue.

Off the top of my head, slavers from the den->vault city have a H&K CAWS. Rest of the encounter has normal low level weapons like spears, 10mm pistols, desert eagles and 10mm SMGs.

Robbers near redding have FN FALs which are way better than what the other robbers are carrying (combat knives, shotguns, etc).

Any ideas on how to change this via modding?

Edit : Does anyone know if someone else has tried to improve the restoration project further? Because it seems there are still quite a few unfixed bugs and non-sensical weapon setups in encounters.

I checked the restoration project bug report wiki, but all i see is a TON of bug reports but nobody appears to have done any work on them.

Or did someone release a new unofficial patch after the last version of the RP?

Last edited:

Thanks, that would have been nice to know earlier. There really should be a better way of finding out about these things, it is not mentioned anywhere except via word of mouth that I can see.

Someone really should update the downloads section or the OP of this thread, because i can guarantee you that most people who download this mod have absolutely no idea that someone has been updating the RP.

I would like to ask a question about a few bugs that came from Killaps RP - as I installed RPU mod on top (and FO2TWEAKS) and nothing else. Yet this didn't fix the bugs.

A few weapons seem to deal 0 damage no matter what: 14mm revolver, HK G11 and Hunting rifle.

Sometimes fights can get a bit silly where caravan guards in metal armor in early game have all a hunting rifle and lose against a few raiders without armor or leather jacket and have combat knifez and 10mm SMG because they cannot deal any damage.

Please could you let me know a way to fix this?
I have a suspicion it comes not from the weapon but the ammo modifiers. I may be wrong. But we can try upping the modifiers on the ammo (or put default, or put 0 modifiers) or maybe upping the damage of the hunting rifle?
I am too early in the game but maybe it could be interesting to see if the other sniping rifle using the same ammo encounters the same issue....

Thank you so much for an otherwise very amazing mod. If we could fix those annoying bugs it would be 100% perfect.

Edit: the reason why I know it comes from Killaps RP is because this has alrdy been reported in his thread. Plus my 2 brothers installed killaps RP and had the same damage bug.

Edit 2: installing Killaps RP without any ammo modification (No YAMM, no GLOVZ) still doesnt fix this for any of our 3 computers so my suspicion is that the original RP has introduced this bug.

Last edited:
I would like to ask a question about a few bugs that came from Killaps RP - as I installed RPU mod on top (and FO2TWEAKS) and nothing else. Yet this didn't fix the bugs.

A few weapons seem to deal 0 damage no matter what: 14mm revolver, HK G11 and Hunting rifle.

Sometimes fights can get a bit silly where caravan guards in metal armor in early game have all a hunting rifle and lose against a few raiders without armor or leather jacket and have combat knifez and 10mm SMG because they cannot deal any damage.

Please could you let me know a way to fix this?
I have a suspicion it comes not from the weapon but the ammo modifiers. I may be wrong. But we can try upping the modifiers on the ammo (or put default, or put 0 modifiers) or maybe upping the damage of the hunting rifle?
I am too early in the game but maybe it could be interesting to see if the other sniping rifle using the same ammo encounters the same issue....

Thank you so much for an otherwise very amazing mod. If we could fix those annoying bugs it would be 100% perfect.

Edit: the reason why I know it comes from Killaps RP is because this has alrdy been reported in his thread. Plus my 2 brothers installed killaps RP and had the same damage bug.

Edit 2: installing Killaps RP without any ammo modification (No YAMM, no GLOVZ) still doesnt fix this for any of our 3 computers so my suspicion is that the original RP has introduced this bug.

Kiddo
1.Don't post the same imaginary bug in every related thread. it kind of pisses off the folks around.
2. It is not a bug. it's only you've fucked up RP install. do a clean fallout 2 install, and install RPU on top of it. Don't use Killap's RP2.3.3 or you'll encounter glitches like this. if You don't know how to change damage formulae in sfall, then don't install anything else, or you'll fuck your installation up. If you insist on using different damage formulae. ask how to do it in the modding section. sooner or later somebody will answer. Just don't shit left and right that You've got a bug while it's obvious to any Fo2 modder it ain't a bug.

Wait, are they installing Killap's RP 2.3.3 and then installing burn's RPU on top of that? Why?

As for the answer.. I can already tell You why. *Because* It's not stated anywhere in a visible place that RPU does not require Killap's 2.3.3 . At least the only time i found out that RPU does not require RP2.3.3 was in sfall thread when discussing issues with red warnig sign. so until like RPUv17 i was doing the same as those guys above, thinking that RPU messed, something up. Turns out it was the other way around :p . Anyway it *could* be phrased more clearly that RPU does *not* require Killap's RP2.3.3 to work properly, and that it already includes RP.

for me the whole title "Restoration Project Update" sounds more like a patch to RP2.3.3 applied on top, rather than a standalone version...
Guess more ppl tend to think the way i did...

I haven’t messed with either yet honestly but I just assumed that it wasn’t a patch I guess so it didn’t make sense to me to install both haha

Any chance a mod could move the update notice to the first line/paragraph in the first post?
Right now it's easy to miss and the wording is somewhat confusing ("read about"?). I found it very confusing, too. Maybe something along the lines of:

NOTE: This version of the RP is OUTDATED. Use the updated packages instead: RPU/UPU - updated versions of killap's RP/UP

The red helps the purpose, even though it hurts the eyes. Maybe it isn't necessary if the line is at the beginning of the post.

Any chance a mod could move the update notice to the first line/paragraph in the first post?
Right now it's easy to miss and the wording is somewhat confusing ("read about"?). I found it very confusing, too. Maybe something along the lines of:

NOTE: This version of the RP is OUTDATED. Use the updated packages instead: RPU/UPU - updated versions of killap's RP/UP

The red helps the purpose, even though it hurts the eyes. Maybe it isn't necessary if the line is at the beginning of the post.

Indeed, i suggested in the RPU/UPU thread to close this thread and keep it for history reasons (also for gratitude for everything killap did for us) and put RPU/UPU thread HERE instead. It would be much better, also, the new restoration/fixes packages should be in the news in the main page.

and put RPU/UPU thread HERE instead

By "HERE" I assume you mean as a sticky? Absolutely.

Although, the first UPU/RPU thread post would need to be edited as it reads like an update and lacks important information. Also, the title could be better, but shouldn't be changed to avoid breaking links. Either making the UPU/RPU post a sticky or making a new sticky post for it would be great.

Last edited:
Kiddo
1.Don't post the same imaginary bug in every related thread. it kind of pisses off the folks around.
2. It is not a bug. it's only you've fucked up RP install. do a clean fallout 2 install, and install RPU on top of it. Don't use Killap's RP2.3.3 or you'll encounter glitches like this. if You don't know how to change damage formulae in sfall, then don't install anything else, or you'll fuck your installation up. If you insist on using different damage formulae. ask how to do it in the modding section. sooner or later somebody will answer. Just don't shit left and right that You've got a bug while it's obvious to any Fo2 modder it ain't a bug.

I encounter this bug, I installed clean FO2 on steam and installed RPU from the github and I got the same damage bug issue. What should I do ? reinstall ?

I encounter this bug, I installed clean FO2 on steam and installed RPU from the github and I got the same damage bug issue. What should I do ? reinstall ?
the Fo2tweaks undergone significant changes since, and if you use it's custom damage mod on top of RPU things might get dicy..

I found a bug which is there pretty much since the original game, yet. I talked to Anna the ghost while she was standing behind that desk, on the carpet…I guess you already see what happened: she turned to pile of bones and I could not pick them, they are on the hex behind the desk and under the carpet! Gottta use editor to gimme them bones :)

Is it possible to somehow limit her movement to the room with the EXCEPTION OF those few hexes behin the desk?

I found a bug which is there pretty much since the original game, yet. I talked to Anna the ghost while she was standing behind that desk, on the carpet…I guess you already see what happened: she turned to pile of bones and I could not pick them, they are on the hex behind the desk and under the carpet! Gottta use editor to gimme them bones :)

Is it possible to somehow limit her movement to the room with the EXCEPTION OF those few hexes behin the desk?

You should have checked the sticky thread on top, that's the restoration project you should be following. ;)

This one was removed because it's not updated anymore, it's been dead for YEARS.

Back