Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

First you need to know about the Pills: look/steal from the shelve, then talk to him about heart problems (there is a new dialog option at that point). Pick it, follow the dialogue and he can point to Renesco for Pecker Pills, who you only then can talk about to make special ones.
Just stealing the real ones will do nothing, you need to replace them with the fake ones on the shelve.

Also you need to be on the NCR Town map on the pickup day (Jubilee tells when the next pickup is), because is a Bug that Westin may not be counted as killed, dunno if that's fixed in RPU.
If you can't be arsed to wait, killing Jubilee should also work ;)
And yea, as if not taking a pill that one day that will kill him... that's not how betablockers work... #gamelogic

Last edited:
I noticed after beating the game, the Caravan from NCR and Redding don't show up anymore. They tell me arrive on a day if I want to go, but I noticed no more brahmin circle rides... a pity, I was kind of hoping to ride out my 13 years of game play by going around and doing those jobs with my surviving companions.

Brahmin drive is one-time only event, happen one day after you accept the job from the stockmen association. its role is, most likely, an emergency way for Chosen One to move from NCR back to Redding when they dont have ability to do so (too few companions, too little weapons and skill level, thanks to somehow getting here ahead of their abilities)

If you want to play caravan guards, other than the golden triangle caravans (NCR-Redding-VC) you can also do the Broken Hill caravan (to Gecko, NCR, and Vault City) though it's too cheap for word, and it's one-way-only to boot~

Brahmin drive is one-time only event, happen one day after you accept the job from the stockmen association. its role is, most likely, an emergency way for Chosen One to move from NCR back to Redding when they dont have ability to do so (too few companions, too little weapons and skill level, thanks to somehow getting here ahead of their abilities)

If you want to play caravan guards, other than the golden triangle caravans (NCR-Redding-VC) you can also do the Broken Hill caravan (to Gecko, NCR, and Vault City) though it's too cheap for word, and it's one-way-only to boot~

Well Broken Hills won't do caravan runs anymore due to me Finding out Chad was taking money.

The Golden Triangle Ones claim someone will ride out but no one appears in the tents.

Oh, well... Next time I guess I will make sure Chad keeps his lil enriching operation. Anyway there will be a patch for this to boost up the goods caravans have. Random encounter caravans don't have much in the way of goods to sell or trade.

Also is there any use for the corn seeds aside from in Arroyo? I know the experimental ones is for the mad shi scientist.

The Dog food works on dogmeat

Does the drill have a use or is it a prop?

The Redding caravans start out at 1-11-21st days but the (named) caravan masters would appear one day before that.

The NCR/VC/NR caravan masters appear ONLY, EXACTLY, on the day they drive out, I think. NR would stand on Virgin street below Jules, near the exit red zone, hard to see because his armor blend into the black asphalts. NCR is on Bazaar, near the red exit zone and easier to see thanks to the bright background. VC is outside of the gate of Courtyard, I think.

And yeah, I complaint just recently about Chad and BH's run stopped. Reason why we simply have to delay searching his house. Because once we find out, Chad has to be gone, one way or other, as Marcus already knew and just want proof.

If you want to waste time, you can try to find Rave Party W-SW of Den, and Willy the trader north of Modoc.

Last edited:
The Redding caravans start out at 1-11-21st days but the (named) caravan masters would appear one day before that.

The NCR/VC/NR caravan masters appear ONLY, EXACTLY, on the day they drive out, I think. NR would stand on Virgin street below Jules, near the exit red zone, hard to see because his armor blend into the black asphalts. NCR is on Bazaar, near the red exit zone and easier to see thanks to the bright background. VC is outside of the gate of Courtyard, I think.

And yeah, I complaint just recently about Chad and BH's run stopped. Reason why we simply have to delay searching his house. Because once we find out, Chad has to be gone, one way or other, as Marcus already knew and just want proof.

If you want to waste time, you can try to find Rave Party W-SW of Den, and Willy the trader north of Modoc.

Okay, never ran across the Rave Party and I found Willy the Trader (the guy who sells you the Alien Blaster).

How do I find the Toxic Waste Dump. I got all this anti-rad drugs.... I am pretty much doing runs across the wastelands. I park my car and do a big circle walk which eats up about four months. I stock up the Ranger Safe Houses and other places to stock goods and sort of make my lil waystations. hell, I turned the Raider den into a major supply dump.... Vault 13 to, using the storage rooms.

A nice lil patch for Caravan Frequency would be nice.

Also was I supposed to learn something from the Chief of the Umbra tribe or was he supposed to always set himself on fire before imparting with some great secret upon me?

The time I found Rave party, it's in the SW and W sector right next to the Den. I run the line dividing SW-W sectors and few times and got it.

It's hard to find because there's some codings/process related to it. Either run 800x600 or 640x480 and you have a chance to find it. Anything higher and you can wait until the brahmins come home.

Also, that was RP233. When I change to RPU14 I can not find it. God knows which process mess with it (because other than RPU14 I also install random encounter mod).

Toxic Waste Dump I remember appearing mostly in the northern sectors.

It's hard to find because there's some codings/process related to it. Either run 800x600 or 640x480 and you have a chance to find it. Anything higher and you can wait until the brahmins come home.
The chance of getting the rave party has nothing to do with screen resolution.
Per's guide said:
The rave party encounter found around the Den is extra rare because it happens only during certain hours (7 p.m. to midnight).
You can check the worldmap.txt for its condition:
Code:
enc_23=Chance:1%,Map:Desert Encounter 7,Enc:(3-5) DMRV_Scorpions FIGHTING (6-10) DEN_Rave_Party, If(time_of_day > 19)
enc_24=Chance:8%,Map:Desert Encounter 7,Enc:(6-10) DEN_Rave_Party, If(time_of_day > 19)

I read all those posts before. NOT USEFUL.

What's useful is the post about changing resolution. Follow that one I got Rave Party after 20 minutes. THAT is what I call quality advice.

The 19h time limit I also know. I dont mention it because there's simply no point to it. We are going to be at that SW-W sectors, and we are going to move around to trigger it. There is ABSOLUTELY no guarantee AT ALL that if you leave the starting zone at/around 19h and move you will meet Rave Party within the next few hours. What you are going to do is to travel around those sectors a few days, so the starting time is 19h or not, is moot.

The 20 minutes I mentioned above? it translate to about 3 days gametime, several reloads. If travelling three days doesnt get me that Rave Party, I reload. That's why it extend to 20 minutes realtime playing.

I read all those posts before. NOT USEFUL.

What's useful is the post about changing resolution. Follow that one I got Rave Party after 20 minutes. THAT is what I call quality advice.

What fucking Trump-logic is this?
You don't like the correct answer you get from knowledgeable people, fine. You don't have to listen. But why do you try to pass along your ill thought-out and under-researched ideas as 'the truth' to others? It's not as helpful as you think.

I mean think about it. When you lowered your screen resolution and happened to get the rare Rave Party encounter shortly after, all it proved was that you were able to get the encounter while having a lower resolution. However, it did not prove that you can't get it at a higher one.
I on the other hand play at a higher screen resolution, and I got that encounter today.
So together we now know that it works on both low and high screen resolutions (IE resolution is a non-factor).
We also know that your previous claim was "NOT USEFUL" and that you would probably do better listening to @NovaRain, who has a proven record of knowing his shit. At least that is my "quality advice".

Maybe it's a similar case like your previous "Luck effects trader's restock" argument.
Correct! Trust my own personal experience after some personal checking.

Mind you, the Luck experiments prove itself somewhat so I can trust it.

Problem is, it's not easy to set up an field testing environment for Rave Party. Its' too damn random for that~

Too bad there is no way of increasing the likely hood of it occurring. I got Luck of 10, Explorer, Ranger and Scout. The only encounters I am missing is the Toxic Waste Dump and the Rave Party. I am at year 2244 now.

Hell, I even found the Pariah dog and I never found him once in all the years I played. This will be the first time I ever played Fallout 2 to the 13 year limit. Now That i got the time, its interesting to see how long it will take.

Carib, how had you tried to find Rave Party?
1. The most-often-reported location is SW and W sectors of The Den.
2. The time recommendation is maybe correct (after 19h) when you start out. But considering we would wander for days in those sectors, it's not that useful data.
3. If after 20 min of real time wandering and you cant find it... I suggest you try lowering your resolution to 800x600 and 640x480 and try again. You are in here just in time to test this issue.
EDIT: I got it just now with no more than ten minutes wandering the fine yellow line dividing SW and W sectors off the Den. Luck 8, Outdoorsman 36, only Sulik. solution is 728x480 as it is the best fit for my desktop screen. The last save before I started wandering is 20h, but its' several days later that I meet it.

Last edited:
You mean the Den rave party? That will appear after 19:00 ingame time (so 19:01 to 23:59), not 19h playing. Just saying in case it's misunderstood.
It has an 8% chance to spawn, no luck-stat involved. It also will only spawn in desert locations around the Den.

Last edited:
Found that rave party once...pinched all the alcohol from the party lovers, it's a pretty rare event.

The key is not alcohol, butthe high lelvel chém like mentats and etc. Buy them then steal the money back.

Mind you ít not an exploit because the sellers are hyper hyper active. You steal about thrice then quit in frustration.

The nice sex is a good and easy way to raise sex counter.

@Lexx @burn
I dont remember which code goes where

When I stand wounded, near a party member like Vic, He seem to use Doctor/First Aid on me with no result (understandable because we both are low level). The screen go dark a few minutes before recover. Msg window goes wild.

I dont remember which code that set companions to auto use FA/DT on PC, and in which ini. Please tell me.

HALPPPPPP!!!

Last edited:
That is because You must be using Sfall eXtended by Mr.Stalin or some other custom sfall.

Sfall eXtended has this option somwhere in sfall-mods.ini . It's a boolean so eigther a 0 or 1. Don't remember what it's called exactly however if you read the description you'll find out yourslef. It's usefull as heck. All it does basically if any NPC in your party has higher skill than you, the one with the higherst skill is chosen for the task, so for example: Lenny can heal all your party members not just you, Kitsune can open locked doors, Myron can examine stuff that requires science for you, Vic can repair it (as he already could :p), etc. ofcourse if you try to do stuff with shitty skill levels and don't have particularly skilled NPCs with that skill in your party, such stupidity, as you describe, could occour.

This mechanic has it's effects in TC mods as well. in "et tu" you can use Katja to open most locks for you (if you apply sfall extended ofcourse) [in recent SVN version Lexx already made Katja gain lockpick on level up - she now goes up to 150%]
Also Lystra in Resurrection can heal up Kerri or herself a bit (as You'd get a full heal through dialogue with her and the use of eigther of medical bags.)

Back