Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

The changelog reads "Telling Torr that you are not ready for his quest and then asking him again would cause him to no longer offer the quest. This is no longer the case." but that's exactly what's happening to me. When talked to, Torr only displays float messages and I can't go guard the brahmin.

The changelog reads "Telling Torr that you are not ready for his quest and then asking him again would cause him to no longer offer the quest. This is no longer the case." but that's exactly what's happening to me. When talked to, Torr only displays float messages and I can't go guard the brahmin.
You need to offer the help first but say you can't help him now to make the quest available for later.

I'm pretty sure I did that since I have that quest in the Pipboy.
Not sure what you did, but there's no quest in my Pipboy if I tell him "I can't help you guard the brahmin now" and leave the dialog.

My steps:
  1. Enter Klamath for the first time.
  2. Talk to Torr:
    "Nice to meet you, Torr. Anything interesting happening here lately?"
    "Uh...sure, Torr. I can help you guard the brahmin."
    "I can't help you guard the brahmin now, Torr."
    (Leave the dialog, no quest in Pipboy.)
  3. Talk to him again, and I can still get the quest if I help.

Last edited:
I don't remember my exact responses when talking to Torr but I'm at a point where I have the quest but can't finish it because Torr won't speak to me.

Is it possible to finish it without talking to him?

I don't remember my exact responses when talking to Torr but I'm at a point where I have the quest but can't finish it because Torr won't speak to me.
Is it possible to finish it without talking to him?
No, because you can't get to the grazing grounds map.
Try using F12se to change the LVAR_11 of KCTorr.int to 1, you should be able to talk to him again.

I opened KCTorr.int in F12se but can't find "LVAR_11". Is it in "GVAR" tab?
No, it's call LVAR for a reason.

If you don't have the same amount of LVARs as in the image, your KCTorr script is probably in wrong version.
lksoDYa.png

It worked, big thanks!

What's interesting now, unlike earlier, Torr speaks to me again no matter whether I choose "I can't (shaking head at Torr) help you with that. Goodbye." or "I can't help you guard the brahmin now, Torr." so I don't know what happened when I spoke to him for the first time which made him give the quest but unable to speak again.

It worked, big thanks!

What's interesting now, unlike earlier, Torr speaks to me again no matter whether I choose "I can't (shaking head at Torr) help you with that. Goodbye." or "I can't help you guard the brahmin now, Torr." so I don't know what happened when I spoke to him for the first time which made him give the quest but unable to speak again.
Apparently, the "kctorr.int" script enabled local variable #8 and thus it makes Torr only spout his float messages. He might talk again if that war returned to 0...? Except that resets his memory of talking to you. I'm sure Killap set his unofficially patched Torr script to trigger Node006 where Torr asks you if you'll *now* go to the grazing grounds to protect the brahmin.

Otherwise, you could try pressing the 5 key on your keyboard when you exit Klamath and try to return. That's a quick, albeit dirty, shortcut to the grazing grounds.

Ugh, so I went to the grazing grounds, killed the scorpions, took the fake radscorpion arms, confronted Duntons and told Ardin about them but she responds that she needs more proof and the quest isn't crossed out. Apparently Duntons' confession and the fake limbs in my inventory are not enough. I'm not even into Den and I'm already losing patience with this game, it had to be hell to play this before Killap's patch.

Ugh, so I went to the grazing grounds, killed the scorpions, took the fake radscorpion arms, confronted Duntons and told Ardin about them but she responds that she needs more proof and the quest isn't crossed out. Apparently Duntons' confession and the fake limbs in my inventory are not enough. I'm not even into Den and I'm already losing patience with this game, it had to be hell to play this before Killap's patch.
You need to examine the brahmins behind Dunton's place. Check Darek's Restoration Project walkthrough for details.
Guess killap should make the link of the walkthrough more noticeable in the first post.

Heh, I forgot about that addendum and only checked the main guide and there was no mention about it...

Awesome mod, but there's one thing about it that rubs me the wrong way: the Shi submarine. I understand the need to sabotage it if you're working for the Hubologists or don't want to meddle in Hubologist/Shi affairs, but there shouldn't be a need to sabotage it if you're working with the Shi and have already delivered them the vertibird plans and killed AHS-9 for them. To me, it doesn't make any sense from a storytelling standpoint and messes with immersion. Why would you need to covertly disable the submarine if you've already proven to the Shi that you're loyal and trustworthy? Ideally, there should be a dialogue option with Ken Lee where you can just ask him to order the submarine not to fire on the tanker.

Are there any plans to develop or redesign the 'Steal' function? Obviously the ability to move/push NPCs is fantastic but it can make stealing shop inventories/tampering with cupboards, doors, or locks extremely easy.

Awesome mod, but there's one thing about it that rubs me the wrong way: the Shi submarine. I understand the need to sabotage it if you're working for the Hubologists or don't want to meddle in Hubologist/Shi affairs, but there shouldn't be a need to sabotage it if you're working with the Shi and have already delivered them the vertibird plans and killed AHS-9 for them. To me, it doesn't make any sense from a storytelling standpoint and messes with immersion. Why would you need to covertly disable the submarine if you've already proven to the Shi that you're loyal and trustworthy? Ideally, there should be a dialogue option with Ken Lee where you can just ask him to order the submarine not to fire on the tanker.

You're right. That was an oversight on our part. If killap can be lulled out of hibernation again, I'd be happy to help address the issue.

You're right. That was an oversight on our part. If killap can be lulled out of hibernation again, I'd be happy to help address the issue.
Maybe make the player still have to visit the submarine to deliver a chart or code or something for its targeting computer, just like the current way but without any skill check/computer hacking.

Please help, how can I install properly RP to Yosemite 10.10? I am using GOG version of Fallout.

I tried F2RP Technical Info from falloutmods wiki but I can't save and load my games.

If you follow the second troubleshooting step on that page, the game will work. just put a \ character in front of the spaces in the directories in the Terminal command.

Back