Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

That was kind of the difficulty I was having with editing that file - some NPCs, like Dunton, have called_freq=3000. Does that mean that the Dunton brothers have a 3000% chance to call their shots to different body parts? If the game text says simply "You were hit for X points" over and over, does that mean that the called_freq stat is working, but the AI just chooses to target the torso over and over? Is there another thing to edit, combined with called_freq, that would make aimed shots more likely?

EDIT: Rereading the AI.txt guide on vault tec labs, the number for called_freq=N is calculated as 1/N. I have in the past, now that it jogs my memory, set the number for every critter to 1, meaning 1/1 or 100% chance to use an aimed attack. In game, I saw no such result.

Last edited:
Heya all. Loving this mod and all the content it adds and bugs it has fixed.

However I've encountered some kind of hard-lock glitch from a random encounter. The encounter was a group of Highwaymen. Bang, boom, dead & looted no problem. The random cave that also spawned has an absolute nest of Lesser Deathclaws inside, each one worth a juicy 250 exp. However for the last half hour, the game continually locks up to the point my mouse won't even move. It's only on this random Lesser Deathclaw Cave, and it happens at random times. Sometimes I kill 7 or 8 of them, sometimes I don't even kill a single one and it hard locks.

Anyone have any idea what is going wrong? I've included a SLOT10 save of the issue. Anyone else able to reproduce this issue?

Attachments

That was kind of the difficulty I was having with editing that file - some NPCs, like Dunton, have called_freq=3000. Does that mean that the Dunton brothers have a 3000% chance to call their shots to different body parts? If the game text says simply "You were hit for X points" over and over, does that mean that the called_freq stat is working, but the AI just chooses to target the torso over and over? Is there another thing to edit, combined with called_freq, that would make aimed shots more likely?

EDIT: Rereading the AI.txt guide on vault tec labs, the number for called_freq=N is calculated as 1/N. I have in the past, now that it jogs my memory, set the number for every critter to 1, meaning 1/1 or 100% chance to use an aimed attack. In game, I saw no such result.
Mh, yea that seems inconsistent, but my guess would be below 100 is N/100, everything above 1/N.
Also don't forget the (combat) difficulty settings.

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what is going wrong? I've included a SLOT10 save of the issue. Anyone else able to reproduce this issue?
Not sure what's wrong here. I loaded your save, killed all deathclaws in the cave, and traveled to Modoc without any problem.

Not sure what's wrong here. I loaded your save, killed all deathclaws in the cave, and traveled to Modoc without any problem.

Oh thanks for checking in that quick! Damn. I wonder what went wrong, then? I have 2 separate files from 2 separate caves with this happening, but only if they have Deathclaws inside. Would you suggest I back up my saves, delete the FO2Restoration, make another clean copy of FO2 and perform another installation of the Restoration mod? For what it's worth, I am using the GoG version of Fallout 2.

So I fired up a non-RP game, then RP, then back. I thought it's just me, but after checking a few videos on youtube, it's become apparent that RP areas are so much darker. That's probably why I can't play without highlighting anymore.
Anyone knows if this is intentional? And how to undo it?

Edit: added some screenshots for clarity.

Attachments

• up.jpg
    up.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 981
  • rp.jpg
    rp.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:
Hi there. Ran into an issue with my sound. The audio stutters like crazy unless I'm in a dialogue menu or a pause menu. I read a past post with an individual having the same problem. His solution is to enable multicore in the ddraw.ini. However, I could not find what he was talking about.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've had these issues before but have never reported them and I don't know if they've already been reported, but sometimes the game crashes while exiting the The Den SW section and sometimes the game slows down and becomes unplayable for no apparent reason and I have to restart it again and reload the save to make it playable again, I was in the Den (West) the last time it happened.

By the way, killap.net domain will expire on Dec. 25th 2018 and will become inaccessible unless it gets renewed. It might be a good idea to save it (both files and the content) in some place as a backup.

Last edited:
Hello, newbie here to installing these mods.

I understand that sfall tweaks allow for the 6th level of companions to become enebaled and usable. I also read something somewhere about some companions not having 6 levels and that extra levels has been added for them. Is this true? is this part of RP2.33, is that another mod that does that? Or perhaps I've just been misled?

RP doesn't add extra levels to party members. Only some of them can level up to lv6 because the data has already been in the game.

Adding extra protos for the critters, you could theoretically give each one up to 10 levels, but most players would finish the game a long time before they reach that level...remember they level up every 3 levels.

Well just in theory You could change the apropriate numbers in party.txt and have them level every level if set to 1 but it would require to start a new game for this. I usually set req min level to 5 and level every to 1 for all applicable ones. The game begins to be hilariously op pretty damn quick. It is possible to waste metzger with just me and slulik (before VC trip) and slavers camp with me sulik and vic also before VC trip. Though i fiddle with every lock that i encounter before slave camp in order to gain more xp.

Back