Fallout 3 Compendium - Release 12 - Beta v0.6.0.2

Seems cool but then again it will lower usability of repair skill as a player will need to invest in both of this skills.
I think good option to that would be placed this ready to use parts in some containers and make it to show with low chances or make some perk that would player able to find them

the player will be able to find random parts just like they find scrap metal and junk for the makeshift weapons. repairing energy weapons and power armor would benefit the most from salvaging robots, while repairing other types of gear would benefit very little from salvaging robots.

Dubby, any idea on how to fix three dog after using this mod?

As I recall, the mod toys with ones karma causing three dog not to sing ones deeds in the wasteland.

Even if I do not load the mod, it seems he continues to pretend I don't exist.

I tried adding karma via the console, no luck. I'm considered last hope for humanity at the moment and have not done anything that he would disapprove of, in fact, I've done just the opposite.

The only change to karma the F3C has is a minor one to stealing, decreasing the change from -5 to -2. As for Three Dog, I'm not sure... but I think he's glitched anyways. I had similar things happen before I was using any mod at all. I'll look into Three Dog's quest variables when I have time though, to see what's going on. It's probably an error in a script somewhere.

In the latest release, what is the file F3C-_3.esp in the root Fallout directory for? I don't see any mention of it in the readme.

? Uh oh, that might be something that got included that wasn't supposed to be included.

Edit: Yep, that is a backup that shouldn't have been included. It's gone now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dubby said:
The only change to karma the F3C has is a minor one to stealing, decreasing the change from -5 to -2. As for Three Dog, I'm not sure... but I think he's glitched anyways. I had similar things happen before I was using any mod at all. I'll look into Three Dog's quest variables when I have time though, to see what's going on. It's probably an error in a script somewhere.

Cool, include the particulars in your readme if you do figure something out as it would make an interesting read... for me at least.

Dubby said:
@boundrose, exsequien : Please download r010. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=794 Numerous modifications have been made to VATS, XP, and weapon damages. Exsequien, r010 should have the VATS accuracy fixed. It will still say "XX%" but keep in mind the closer you are, the higher the chance to hit, regardless. And keep in mind the higher your perception & skill with the weapon, the higher the maximum % accuracy you'll have in VATS.

Great, thanks for the update :)

Gonna try it out

Edit: VATS works perfectly fine now! I have high perception (8) and moderate Small gun skill (~40) and I can hit enemies that are close with 60-70% (head) and 90%+ (arms, torso, legs).

Edit2: Wouldn't it be better to make some perks weaker (in numeric values or by adding multiple stages of 1 perk) and give 1 perk every level? I would love to level up to 40 and get a new perk every level.

Dubby said:
@mrowa : A big change is coming to repair & science soon. You'll use tools (which can almost always be found in toolboxes and junk merchants) to salvage items into smaller parts - and those parts are used to repair gear. In addition, the science skill will be used to determine what you can salvage (parts) from destroyed robots.
My dream has come true :D

run and gun AP has stopped working for me again. I don't holster or stop shooting, I just keep going down into negatives. Switching to melee weapons also has no penalty still.

@exsequien
Leveling is capped at 20 right now because of skill points, and skills being capped at 100. Please remember, there are a lot of unfinished perks that you can't access yet. You can view them with FOMM however.

@bhlaab
That should not happen with just fallout3.esm and F3C.esp checked. However please be careful with using new releases of F3C with savefiles relying on previous versions.

I've updated to r011. This release adds two fixes / upgrades that have been needed for a while. First, *creature* (not humans) health has been increased (in variable amounts, depending on the creature), super muties included, and super muties are back to their original proper naming format. (Super Mutant, Tough Super Mutant, Super Duper Mutant)

v0.5.2.0 http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=794

Is it normal that the Chinese AR got beefed up so much?To the point that it does 90 dmg?Is that per bullet or by burst?

Frederic said:
Is it normal that the Chinese AR got beefed up so much?To the point that it does 90 dmg?Is that per bullet or by burst?

It's by burst if you're talking about the DR number the game gives you. That does sound high, but the chinese ar does get pretty high if you've repaired it up

Is it possible to alter enemy ai yet? I seem remember that in the Oblivion CS you could change how likely an enemy was to flee, confidence, etc.

One of my biggest problems with this game is how horrible the ai is. The only tactic they use is the charge. I hope there is some kind of setting that will make them more likely to stand their ground.

Dubby,

Do you have any plans to move the Trait system to earlier in the game... say, right after you close the "You're SPECIAL" book? Seems like an approperiate place to put it. I tired messing around with it last night, but it was my first crack ever at scripts, and well... it didn't work. I figure it'd be easy for you to do.

Another thing I was thinking about while playing was: recieving double the XP if you kill something with melee weapons, like Wasteland used to do. If you went to fight a Super Mutant with a Power Glove as opposed to an assault rifle, you should get some kind of bonus for taking on such a task.

Another thing I was thinking about... Maybe when sprinting, it costs you AP? That way if you're being chased by something, eventually you'll run out of AP and be forced to walk again. Kind of to simulate getting "tired". Then, if you really need to escape, just huff some Jet and you can run longer, etc...

Just some ideas I thought I'd throw out there. You're releasing updates faster than I can sit down and play.... :D

Frederic said:

that's by burst.

Grave461 said:
Dubby,

Do you have any plans to move the Trait system to earlier in the game... say, right after you close the "You're SPECIAL" book? Seems like an approperiate place to put it. I tired messing around with it last night, but it was my first crack ever at scripts, and well... it didn't work. I figure it'd be easy for you to do.

Traits must be selected after you finish registering the SPECIAL points because of a serious error in how the UI handles "excess" stat points. Right now I don't know how to fix it.

Okay, just restarted from the very beginning and I'm having the same problems. AP goes through Zero in run and gun and switching to melee or unarmed doesn't cost any AP. (Even after exiting into the wasteland)

However, trying to shoot those damned targets with the BB Gun is near impossible now. Guns also feel way mor accurate in vats than in r+g, which is sort of backwards isn't it?

I see that assault rifle and chines one got buffed alot but with 100 skill in small arms i still go low accuracy but when i hit its like wtf its already dead :D
Btw Dubby can u make some kinda perk that allows to shot more than 1 time in vats ?
Regarding to xp rate its to high i now get 38-60 xp for a single rider instead of 7-20, if its possible for u to script it and make only high xp for low lvl lets say until 5 lvl or add some formula like lvl/exp rate (example: 2 lvl / standart exp rate 2 = actuall exp rate 1)

bhlaab said:
Okay, just restarted from the very beginning and I'm having the same problems. AP goes through Zero in run and gun and switching to melee or unarmed doesn't cost any AP. (Even after exiting into the wasteland)

However, trying to shoot those damned targets with the BB Gun is near impossible now. Guns also feel way mor accurate in vats than in r+g, which is sort of backwards isn't it?

Alot of the F3C components don't activate until -after- you've left vault 101 for the first time

Back