Fallout 3 Compendium - Release 12 - Beta v0.6.0.2

Dubby said:
bhlaab said:
Okay, just restarted from the very beginning and I'm having the same problems. AP goes through Zero in run and gun and switching to melee or unarmed doesn't cost any AP. (Even after exiting into the wasteland)

However, trying to shoot those damned targets with the BB Gun is near impossible now. Guns also feel way mor accurate in vats than in r+g, which is sort of backwards isn't it?

Alot of the F3C components don't activate until -after- you've left vault 101 for the first time

Yeah, I have. Not very far out, but far enough for traits to kick in, etc.

EDIT you know what, I'm sorry, I forgot again about the distinction between in combat and out of combat. I've just been firing off a bunch of shots into the open air and wondering why nothing's happening. That's pretty confusing, tbh. Can't there be the same restrictions outside of combat?

Equipping melee items not costing AP still not fixed, however.

mrowa said:
I see that assault rifle and chines one got buffed alot but with 100 skill in small arms i still go low accuracy but when i hit its like wtf its already dead :D
Btw Dubby can u make some kinda perk that allows to shot more than 1 time in vats ?
Regarding to xp rate its to high i now get 38-60 xp for a single rider instead of 7-20, if its possible for u to script it and make only high xp for low lvl lets say until 5 lvl or add some formula like lvl/exp rate (example: 2 lvl / standart exp rate 2 = actuall exp rate 1)

It doesn't matter pretty much as long as further levels need MUCH MUCH more exp than low levels. This way you can advance a few basic level pretty quickly but then you need more and more exp for higher levels. Just like in old Fallouts.

My point was that its a bit to high from the 2 version back which was to low i know its looks like im bitching ^^
But considering that u get power armor fast lets say on 5-6 lvl ( with perk to use it) u can advence in lvl pretty quick then compeering lvling from 2-6 getting lvls 7-10 is a lot faster than 2-6 so that is my point ( this was tested on killing raiders only no quests and no discovering location exept 5 raiders camps= 500 exp)

bhlaab said:
EDIT you know what, I'm sorry, I forgot again about the distinction between in combat and out of combat. I've just been firing off a bunch of shots into the open air and wondering why nothing's happening. That's pretty confusing, tbh. Can't there be the same restrictions outside of combat?

Yeah but that requires FOSE, which isn't ready yet.

boundrose said:
It doesn't matter pretty much as long as further levels need MUCH MUCH more exp than low levels. This way you can advance a few basic level pretty quickly but then you need more and more exp for higher levels. Just like in old Fallouts.

How much more? While I haven't cracked the exact XP formula, I do know how it basically works, and how to adjust it in the way you're describing.

mrowa said:
My point was that its a bit to high from the 2 version back which was to low i know its looks like im bitching ^^
But considering that u get power armor fast lets say on 5-6 lvl ( with perk to use it) u can advence in lvl pretty quick then compeering lvling from 2-6 getting lvls 7-10 is a lot faster than 2-6 so that is my point ( this was tested on killing raiders only no quests and no discovering location exept 5 raiders camps= 500 exp)

Actually I'm planning on a change to power armor mechanics. You will no longer require training to equip power armor, but getting the training will considerably improve your effectiveness at wearing it. Power armor will also (through scripts) apply the strength bonus correctly, raising it to a certain number regardless, rather than just giving you +n strength.

Maybe make lvls of this perk each will give +1/3 of actual bonus and maybe make them cost lots of money ( because after 10 lvl or a bit lower u will have nothing to spend money for and make them useless) and give lvl requirement and to make even harder each lvl of this perk can be learned from different paladins scatter around.
As for str bonus i dont get it so if i got 8 str and power armour adds +4 str but only up to 8 str this make it worthless, especially for melee chars
But if u really wanna add this take in consider cha penalty and script it the same as str.
And almost the last one maybe add some little bonus when wearing power armour set like tesla armor + tesla helm
Last one if u make training perks/traits add them to companions since they are great carrying mules with power armor :D

Dubby said:
Power armor will also (through scripts) apply the strength bonus correctly, raising it to a certain number regardless, rather than just giving you +n strength.

Erm, didn't the originals just give +X to STR?

Anyway, if you want to do it like that you don't need scripts, just set up some CTDAs so its like:

EFID IncStr
EFIT mag 2
CTDA getav STR = 8

and so on, which would make it just give you 10 str. Just tweak the numbers to make it set str to whatever you want it to be.

quetzilla said:
Dubby said:
Power armor will also (through scripts) apply the strength bonus correctly, raising it to a certain number regardless, rather than just giving you +n strength.

Erm, didn't the originals just give +X to STR?

Anyway, if you want to do it like that you don't need scripts, just set up some CTDAs so its like:

EFID IncStr
EFIT mag 2
CTDA getav STR = 8

and so on, which would make it just give you 10 str. Just tweak the numbers to make it set str to whatever you want it to be.

Ah, good idea! That should simplify it quite a bit. I hope CTDA's are well supported in the GECK. Since you seem to be the expert on them, would you be interested in joining the F3C team? The project is going back into full-swing now, and there's a lot of catching up to do.

You know, i have some level designing experience, not specific to Oblivion but if the basics of the editor are simple, i could help out.
I'm thinking about doing a DC vault-city.
Maybe vault 76? :o

Dont know if it's already be mentioned.

Would be a good thing (like all Fallouts) to get experience point for stealing too (from NPG, not stuff in red lying around).
Based on attribute weight or size.

Limbabnees said:
Dont know if it's already be mentioned.

Would be a good thing (like all Fallouts) to get experience point for stealing too (from NPG, not stuff in red lying around).
Based on attribute weight or size.

I agree, but it should be a really really small amount. 1 xp, even.

i think for xp the simplest and best way is to lower the amount u get for doing things rather than raising the xp per level.

now sure of course your going to have to raise to xp per level but lowering say xp form lockpicking from say 50 for a hard to 10 or something will go a LONG way to slowing down fast leveling

I would <3 to see in F3C similar idea to this :

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=834

combined with

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1119

It actualy fix the damn usless medicine skill - no more "magic beds" that heal all your wounds in matter of 1h, also fixin "o hai, did u lose sight ? Just stick a stimpack in your eye and all will be allllriteee!" thingy.

To patch-up a crippled limb u need at last 30 med skill (would love to see 30 - can patch arms only/ 45 - +legs / 55 - +torso / 60 - +head). Witch separte ESP crippling effect become more often to see - at last 1/2 times per "dungeon". It also forcing player to buy medicine - making barter skill more usfull then before. Using HoT (heal over time) effect insted instant on stimpaks makes game even more realistic.

Similar idea about fixin repair after GECK comes out - Repair kit allowing player not only to repair armour/weapons - but modding them with scopes/acc upgrades/laser pointers/silecers/extended mag packs/commbined mags lowering relod time etc. and camo packs/upraged armour - parts providing better protection for X part of body (need crippling effects similar to RI_Real Injuries).

Ok, i just started a new game using energy weapons and i must say they need a huge buff.The rareness of those for a good part of the game and the feeble amount of damage they do compared to the recently buffed small guns makes them worthless.

Frederic said:
Ok, i just started a new game using energy weapons and i must say they need a huge buff.The rareness of those for a good part of the game and the feeble amount of damage they do compared to the recently buffed small guns makes them worthless.

Energy Weapons are -special-. Conventional weapons just do... flat damage that is calculated against your damage resistance (armor!). Energy Weapons *don't* do this. They rely on a seperate, unique defense statistic that is -ONLY- present on high quality armors and a few... rare and powerful creatures (deathclaws for instance). The other advantage of Energy Weapons? There's two. First, laser weapons are incredibly accurate - far more than any (*any*) weapon in Small Guns. Their second advantage is if you advance far enough in the game, you'll encounter Enclave troopers with Magneto Laser Guns. Normal Laser weapons have a slight give in their accuracy - difficult to notice, but it's there. Magneto laser weapons have perfect accuracy. You can easily snipe with an unscoped laser weapon just because of how accurate the beam is. Second, PLASMA weapons. Plasma weapons are beefy, AP hungry, somewhat inaccurate, and monstrously devastating against opponents that lack large quantities of energy resistance. *especially* A3-21's Plasma Rifle. (Complete the "Replicated Man" quest with your speech skill after uncovering all the clues and he gives you his plasma rifle.) Right now, that plasma rifle is the best energy weapon in the game.

Okay, my rant is over. Lol.

ON A SIDE NOTE... I need help with flamethrower fx textures. I've re-engineered flamethrowers (no this isn't public yet) to create a finer, longer reaching channel of fuel that splatters over enemies and surfaces causing widespread collateral damage. And yes, it's kind of easy to kill yourself accidently if you get carried away. If you know how to make SPELL EFFECT GRAPHICS (like ones for oblivion) then please pm me as I could really use your help.

Necro- said:
i think beds should heal you but not fix any cripples, just pure HP

Yeah, That's why I would like the doctor's bag put back into the game. Both Doctor's bag and 1st aid kit. I would imagine heavy stimpack use would lead to addiction or some crippling effect.

I also remember fallout tactics had a limitation on how much first aid you can recieve before neeeding to heal by resting.

I think bring back the Doctor skill abilities, but keep it jammed into "Medicine". I never saw the point of having both, the first aid skill was useless.

Is there a way to make it so the status screen rolls a dice for medicine and doesnt use a stimpack

I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to chew through the whole 15-page thread, so I apologize if any of this was mentioned here before.

First - block the ability to shoot in real-time. Shooting should come only via VATS. I suppose it would make the game more challenging. Secondly, make Super Mutants and Enclave soldier uber-tough and reduce their overall number, so they won't litter the world.

VATS is not robust enough to support full gameplay, sorry. :| Super Mutants are an infestation in the DC Wasteland, so... they really can't be trimmed down. The Enclave outposts depend on the respawn timer though, and frankly, in F3C, Enclave troopers are rather difficult.

Back