Fallout 3 The Pitt - First Details Revealed

Pope Viper

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
CVG is providing details regarding the upcoming Bethesda DLC: The Pitt<blockquote>The Pitt consists of a large 'dungeon' area, an abandoned steel yard, as well as a settlement divided into two halves; Downtown, occupied by slaves, and Haven occupied by their masters.

For the first time players will be able to interact with Raiders other than by fighting them, says the mag, and one major quest has you taking on the role of a slave, investigating rumours that the Raider boss has found a cure for mutation.</blockquote>Dungeon areas! DUNGEONS!

Link: CVG article on The Pitt DLC

Pope Viper said:
a settlement divided into two halves; Downtown, occupied by slaves, and Haven occupied by their masters.
Ah yes, teh shades of grey.
The nuance, the subtelty.
Très sophistiqué.

I can feel the imurshun from here, with liberal sprinklings of exploshuns and dialogueshuns... ok the last one didn't work.

Founda a cure for mutation? Wonder if it specifies what this mutation is.

Even more useless slaves? I wonder if these ones will actually be used in some way, or if they will just serve as domestic animals for the confused slavers once again. (:=o

The big inflitration quest will last about 30 seconds until the raiders will realize you're a spy and then the whole DLC will turn into an endless rampage.

For the first time players will be able to interact with Raiders other than by fighting them, says the mag, and one major quest has you taking on the role of a slave, investigating rumours that the Raider boss has found a cure for mutation.
Because if there is one thing slaves are known for, it's their unique position of being privy to classified research results and other confidential information.

-Master, I realize that we are not allowed to address our Masters under penalty of death, but I really need to ask you something important. I’m looking for mutation cure. Big green flask with "mutation cure" written all over it. Have you seen it?

It's kind of like a watered-down version of the Vault City scenario... minus the Vault, the story depth, and they're still all over the slaves/slavers madness.

And weren't the Regulators bad-guys in Fallout 1?

100LBSofDogmeat said:
And weren't the Regulators bad-guys in Fallout 1?
I think the moral alignment of the Regulators depends on whether or not you prefer dangerous freedom or draconian safety.

Ranne said:

-Master, I realize that we are not allowed to address our Masters under penalty of death, but I really need to ask you something important. I’m looking for mutation cure. Big green flask with "mutation cure" written all over it. Have you seen it?

PC: [Intelligence] Master, I realize that we are not allowed to address our Masters under penalty of death, but I really need to ask you something important. I’m looking for mutation cure. Big green flask with "mutation cure" written all over it. Have you seen it?

Master: Oh yes, there it is! [gives you a big green flask with "mutation cure" written all over it]

PC: [Perception] Thank you Master, now I have to kill you.

ZZZAP!

Sounds like something along the lines of the Family or Tenpenny, just bigger and with new art assets.

At least this time there will be a roleplaying component. Wait and see how that turns out, and...

I think the truth is that the Pit will have not more role playing value then Fallout 3 already had. I mean guys ... its Bethesda we are talking about.

Tigranes said:
Sounds like something along the lines of the Family or Tenpenny, just bigger and with new art assets.

At least this time there will be a roleplaying component. Wait and see how that turns out, and...

What happened to Alley of Infinite Angels?

OMFG... MORE dungeons? :shock:
I couldn't possibly stand not one more pointless crawl. I hated the "subway" system so hard... whoever came up with that design deserves to be shot, IMO...

Public said:
Ranne said:

You also forgot to add "it's a middle-aged flask":lol:

What happened to Alley of Infinite Angels?

Went overseas, got a job, burnt myself out a bit on stuff to talk about.

Been tossing around stuff to see if I can build a small backlog then start posting again in March. Might post a paper I did on NMA (quite different from Milner's).

I'm not really excited by their mutation cure idea (how many freaking times can you beat that dead horse), but I'm hoping that they present some sort of argument about how slavery is a viable / good option for building larger-scale settlements in a post-apocalyptic world.

Yeah, I know...

Back