Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Yeah people like to hear themselves bitch about other people's opinions.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. Alleged Girl #9

Alleged Girl #9 Desert Ranger

May 18, 2015
    Go back to Gamefaqs.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012
    What?! Todd Howard's #1 Fan is the funniest poster around. He/she needs to be acknowledged.

4. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    The readius? You boob, only the pipboy 2500 will do!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well the 2500 is built on top of the Readius.

6. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011

FISHY FISHY FISHY! FRESH FISH!

FISH SEASON HAS OPENED!

WE'RE REELING' EM' IN!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    There's an Enclave eyebot, so I am sure there'll be Enclave.

8. ExplodesLikeABloodSausage

ExplodesLikeABloodSausage lol

May 11, 2006

My guess... you'll be first in line to buy and play. You probably already pre-ordered.

9. dustin542

dustin542 First time out of the vault

Jul 2, 2009
    There is a wrist mounted version too.

10. mobucks

mobucks literally Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Vibrant color is used by cultures all over the world for millenia, why can't post-war cultures do the same? Nothing wrong with making something look fabulous.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I have no problem with the color, as long as it makes sense contextually.

12. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I've got 2 packs riding on you, boy!

Fresh fish. Fresh fish!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. randy Mc rupp

randy Mc rupp INTERNET HATE MACHINE

May 6, 2007
    http://i.imgur.com/D7tLaCS.jpg

THANK YOU BASED TODD

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. lazlolazlo

lazlolazlo First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2012
    Can't really judge the game based on a trailer. But it seems they borrowed ideas from Borderlands, Rage aswell as some other games, which could be a very good thing, considering Fallout 3 was absolutely garbage, and no one with a brain consider Bethesda Fallout to be the real thing. Protaganist Vo doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, although you can't play as the village idiot, having a retard saving the wastes is just ridiculous, even though it's roleplaying. Probably want to play it when released, as i Always do with Bethesdas products, even though i never seem to learn from my misstakes (that i've never ever liked any of their games), and i've bought most of em, Daggerfall, Morrowing, Oblivion, FO3 and Skyrim.

15. RUN_LIKE_HELL

RUN_LIKE_HELL Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 9, 2004
    Yay, another shitty Fallout FPS game !

16. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Those Boston Brownstones can take a beating apparently.

I would just like to point out again the Flying USS Constitution, which would make it over 400 years old in the game.

17. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    If I was Bethesda I'd have some weird dream sequence midgame where the player sees the world from an isometric perspective. Make it really refined and good, and then post dream back to first/third person.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  18. Emperor

Emperor Simplesmente Rajuma

Aug 4, 2013
    Well... I expected worser actually. Looks like my nightmare I had recently was unreasonable but we have yet to see the game itself and Bethesda new story.

Things that I liked:
    I liked the new color scheme, finally they got rid of those terrible tints, unfortunately this is looking a bit too much like Borderlands but I still hope to find something Fallouty in it. Still liking the colors, and that tight vault suit.

I really, really liked the salvaged armors, I always thought that they eventually would lost the means of keeping a power armor in good state and would resort to stick it with duck tape. This can open new windows to the repair and customization systems, instead of just using the same process, we could stick together new parts from others armors. This could be an interesting process where we could min-max armors and create new types of it, even creating entirely new sets, and all of our choices of part would affect our appearance, we could use leather with metal parts armor and etc. I doubt that Bethesda could make this process in the scope that I'm seeing it, but they can make something similar and the rest is mods.

The settlements are looking more populated,more diverse,more well thought apparently but we need to see them yet in their full glory in the final game. Maybe even Bethesda finally answered the infamous question, what do they eat?

Things that I didn't like:
    Looks like the super mutants are making a comeback ( look at 1:44) hopefully they are going to be more like the classic than the ones in FO3, but that's just wishful thinking :|

I really want to think that Deathclaw 1:47 is another mutant but again, wishful thinking. I can't expect Bethesda to invent a whole new deadly predator, although I can't recognize the mutant at 1:45.

There wasteland looks like Washington D.C, I even made the mistake thinking that we would revisit the Capital Wasteland. For now it doesn't seem to be unique.

Feral Ghouls are looking like a zombie more than ever. If those thing are Feral Ghouls.

The possibility of a voiced protagonist, these could limit roleplay and immershun!

Surprisingly, there is not many things that I don't like, but there is still time for new trailers to make this list bigger. I'm still waiting for the androids and BoS/Enclave and ofc, another Liberty Prime.

Things that I am ok/neutral with it:
    The new robot, nothing to say about it.
    Zeppelins, they were used in Tactics, so they are not new in the franchise. Just hoping to not have a bad reason or none at all for them to be here (It's the Institute after all)
    Vertbirds, I think that any important military base would have then but I can be wrong. And the Eyebots.

Most of the things are wishful thinking ofc. Surprisingly, I'm a bit hyped for this but time will tell how this will be.

Now, it's flood season here in NMA ( look how many people are here), let's welcome the new users and fish the new trolls. Let the discussion and flamewars begin!

@Lexx, you are hyping me for this game with this New Vegas port mod, I don't want to be disappointed if this is not possible but please...continue.

@Knight Captain Kerr This could be good, let's hope Bethesda can do something like this.

Does anyone knows the expected release date, I have found more than one.

Going to buy this and play, if my PC can handle. When the system requirements are going to be show?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  19. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Yup that looks like the same engine all right. Damn it.

20. ExplodesLikeABloodSausage

ExplodesLikeABloodSausage lol

May 11, 2006
    Bet you bought/stole and played fallout 3. Further, I bet you will buy/steal and play fallout 4. prove me wrong.

Doesnt make you cool to pretend bash something you're obviously going to play, just to fit in with others on a website, just makes you a hypocrite.