Fallout 4 Creation Club is now live

So I haven't bothered with anything related to Fallout 4 since my few hours of playtime with Bubba when it came out but I got a few vids recommended on youtube because I've watched some New Vegas ones.

Has Beth jumped the shark now for real? Sounds like even the console kiddies are aware of their blatant cash grab policies now.

So I haven't bothered with anything related to Fallout 4 since my few hours of playtime with Bubba when it came out but I got a few vids recommended on youtube because I've watched some New Vegas ones.

Has Beth jumped the shark now for real? Sounds like even the console kiddies are aware of their blatant cash grab policies now.

I can only hope the console users are wise to it by now, but we have to remember there are a lot of kids playing this game and they by far outweigh the adult demographics. And if anyone is current to the trends we know that kids will just grab their parents credit card and buy what ever they want.

You and I have a very different definition of "Some of the best games"

I'd say there's not a single console game I was envious of console players for, whereas there are a whole selection of PC exclusives that I've heralded as being the best games ever.
Red Dead Redemption comes to mind. Absolutely ridiculous from Rockstar to not have it out on PC. And I bet there's tons of JRPGs that haven't even made it to the US/European market that are console only.

But in general I think we all agree that PC is the masterrace.

Red Dead Redemption comes to mind. Absolutely ridiculous from Rockstar to not have it out on PC. And I bet there's tons of JRPGs that haven't even made it to the US/European market that are console only.

But in general I think we all agree that PC is the masterrace.

Honestly...Is Red Dead all that great?

Its so dumbed down, because of console aim, that PC players would play it and go "How did anyone lose in this?"

I bet with a mouse, you could kill the firing squad at the end of the game.

No idea, I've never played it. But as an Italo Western fan I always adored the idea of having a GTA western style. I also dug Call of Juarez Bound in Blood. (Gunslinger as well to a lesser extend.)

The setting rules.

Anyway what I gather from this Creation Club shitstorm is that people are still not getting it. They are criticizing Bethesda for the wrong reasons.

Oh Bethesda put Chinese stealth armor into the club when it was already a free mod. They want to make money boo hoo. They should make NEW retarded stuff instead of copying retarded stuff.

Not realizing that a fucking Chinese stealth armor or even a black Power Armor are wrong to begin with. That's why I have no sympathy for Fallout 3/4 modders. They are part of the problem. They keep it alive.

What pisses me off is that if you have a gun/armour in a game, WHY REMOVE IT IN THE FUTURE ONES!?

What gun/armour did Fallout 2 LACK over fallout 1?

Why did magically 90% of shit in Fallout 1-2 go 'poof' in 3-4, and why did 90% of stuff in 3 go poof in 4?

Why did magically 90% of shit in Fallout 1-2 go 'poof' in 3-4, and why did 90% of stuff in 3 go poof in 4?

Because completely different developers between 1/2 and 3/4 and different vision of what Fallout is, both in visual and in every other sense.

Because completely different developers between 1/2 and 3/4 and different vision of what Fallout is, both in visual and in every other sense.

That explains the lack of stuff from 1-2 to 3-4.

But NOT 3 to 4.

Its the same shit with The Elder Scrolls, why do the same fucking things keep appearing, but with different stats/enchantments/etc?

They're just too inconsistent, don't care about canon, even with their own IP's, and generally just shovel shit out.

Because they remade every such graphic in Fo4. You can't just take the Fo3 armor, put it into Fo4 and expect it to have the same level of quality. Fo1/2 doesn't have this limitation, as the graphics were the same.

They had to remake everything, but some design decisions are really odd. Why is the assault rifle a WW1 heavy machine gun? And why are there still files in the game for a chinese assault rifle, and why did they remake that one again for Nuka World to call it "handmade rifle"?
And the new armors look like shit, hands down. The combat armor is just awful in all of its variants. I liked how New Vegas managed to bring back the classic combat armors from Fallout 1 and 2, and a bunch of other new armors that all make sense and look fine. Fallout 4 really has to rely on mods, because they all look crap.

Still waiting for a "Classic Fallout Weapons" mod for Fallout 4. It was really good in New Vegas, kinda odd that it never really took off for Fallout 3.
Honestly if the classic weapons were in the game, I don't think I would use any of the F4 weapons at all. But I doubt anyone worth their salt will really tinker with it because adding such a thing and making it compatible with the workstations would be a slog.

It's like the vault door which was changed in F3, for no real reason.

They do it, because they can. They don't care about continuity or recognition, they just want to push their own design regardless if it fits or not if there is canon contradicting it or not.

Because they remade every such graphic in Fo4. You can't just take the Fo3 armor, put it into Fo4 and expect it to have the same level of quality. Fo1/2 doesn't have this limitation, as the graphics were the same.

Irrelevant, they still made a shitload of new designs, which each took more time, as logically now they'd have to be designed, then modelled, instead of just going 'oh yeah, the G11E? Lets make that'.

You can easily take, say, the Hellfire armour, and make it into a Fallout 4 armour, modders have done it trivially.

Don't excuse Bethesda's laziness.

Honestly if the classic weapons were in the game, I don't think I would use any of the F4 weapons at all. But I doubt anyone worth their salt will really tinker with it because adding such a thing and making it compatible with the workstations would be a slog.
Dunno, there are tons of weapon mods out there, and some are really high quality with textures and stuff way deeper than anything vanilla has to offer. The biggest problem is the new animation format, but quite a few modders can work with it, anyway.
Modders already added the .223 pistol and the Fallout 3 assault rifle, so there's no reason why one shouldn't remake all the classics (goddamnit I want the City Killer back!). Well, the reason is nobody cares, obviously.

Don't remind me... I guess the City Killer didn't came back in New Vegas because it requires a new reload animation, and Obsidian couldn't spare any resources for that. The Fo3/Fo4 version of the automatic shotgun is just utter garbage.

There is only one thing that might make me buy Fo4, and that's the "Fallout Cascadia" modification. This one looks real good.

Back