Fallout 4 goes Skyrim with infinite re-releases

I love how this will break mods for all the dumb Fallout 4 modders.

Bethesda certainly has a business model. It’s too successful for them so why not basically mod their own game to get more funds to make another game that they will eventually mod and then make more money to fund another game that they will eventually mod and then

Seriously? They couldn’t even be bothered to remake notFallout 3 and are doing the same shit they did with Skyrim? Why though?

Skyrim is still adored by normies, who haven’t played a real rpg in their live, but what does notFallout 4 have got?

No real unique weapons, stupid scaling enemies, plot worse than skyrim, too many essential characters, etc. I could go on.

Ps: I have just checked steam for the score and somehow, someway, it sits at 82% total positive out of 180k reviews. Fuck my life. Why does this garbage have got score above 80% is beyond me.

Seriously? They couldn’t even be bothered to remake notFallout 3 and are doing the same shit they did with Skyrim? Why though?

Skyrim is still adored by normies, who haven’t played a real rpg in their live, but what does notFallout 4 have got?

No real unique weapons, stupid scaling enemies, plot worse than skyrim, too many essential characters, etc. I could go on.

Ps: I have just checked steam for the score and somehow, someway, it sits at 82% total positive out of 180k reviews. Fuck my life. Why does this garbage have got score above 80% is beyond me.
Get out of your head man. People that like Bethesda style open world games like them for that reason. They don't care about a thought provoking questline or a political storyline or a well written main quest or companions with relatable stories. They want to explore and see "cool shit" and that's about it. They want to shoot the cool raiders and super mutants. They want to do alchemy and smithing and use bows and use swords and wear heavy armor today and light armor tomorrow. They don't want the constraints of classic RPG builds. They want to level up freely and not specialize unless they feel like it.

They aren't looking for a RPG by your standards or mine, they're looking for something that Bethesda has been providing and will likely continue to provide since it's doing well for them.

Try out Underrail or Wasteland if you haven't. Maybe one day Microsoft will let us get a project that's a collaboration of Obsidian and/or inXile and/or Bethesda to get a more cRPG Fallout but even then it won't be what we're all expecting and want and we'll still be sad. Play New Vegas one more time but this time listen to what the world is telling you. It ain't coming back.

ill be honest, loading up skyrim with 4,000 mods to dick around is a good way to pass 2 hours

What a crappy company, actually they are an embarrassment to the industry as they try to perfect their shitty game years after its release, yet again!

What a crappy company, actually they are an embarrassment to the industry as they try to perfect their shitty game years after its release, yet again!

It shows that with the right promotion and influencers that you can convince a gaming audience (ignoring the writing and the gameplay design for a moment) that a game with various technical flaws that are not addressed by the developers despite being mentioned for years on forums is good. After all modders will fix it.

Other companies would not get away with this but companies like Bethesda can and keep doing so.
And this one is not with the journos and websites but the audience itself.

Their next title, Starfield will probably use that frankenstein hybrid engine they used for Fallout 4 (and Fallout 76?) which they have probably have sown on more parts to make it do tricks that it will complain about, rather than Bethesda realizing that it needs to face its own shit and fix it.

I have mentioned before, I hope that Starfield fails. Not just because I want a dent in Todd Howard's ego as he did probably play a role in Bethesda buying the Fallout IP and fucking it up, what better way to take a piss on this guy by seeing his dream project turn out to be shit. But that it also hurts Bethesda as they are trying to sell this as the next big IP and space games for casuals, only for an audience that pretty much accepts everything if the presentation is brilliant, to realize that this next big title they are told is good turns out to be unstable because of the frankenstein engine and just does the same tricks as Skyrim and Fallout 4/76. The audience itself finally discovering for themselves that they are no longer at the age that this was impressive.

I could go for the rest of my life not seeing another Bethesda Fallout being released.

I don't think you are going to have that luck.

I wonder if I will live long enough and civilization will exist long enough for the Fallout IP to switch studios.

Isn't this just a 4k update though rather than a "Skyrim Super Special Deluxe Dragonborn Edition?" Basically all companies have been giving out upgrades the past year or so, not too surprising Fallout 4 would get one too.

That being said, I still think GTA V has been rereleased way more than Fallout 4. I think GTA V has been released about 5 or 6 times already, about on par with Skyrim. With that in mind, I think Fallout 4 getting the upgrade to be rather tame in comparison.

It's just something for people here to bitch about. Let it all out people. Tell us where Todd touched you.

It shows that with the right promotion and influencers that you can convince a gaming audience (ignoring the writing and the gameplay design for a moment) that a game with various technical flaws that are not addressed by the developers despite being mentioned for years on forums is good. After all modders will fix it.

Other companies would not get away with this but companies like Bethesda can and keep doing so.
And this one is not with the journos and websites but the audience itself.

Their next title, Starfield will probably use that frankenstein hybrid engine they used for Fallout 4 (and Fallout 76?) which they have probably have sown on more parts to make it do tricks that it will complain about, rather than Bethesda realizing that it needs to face its own shit and fix it.

I have mentioned before, I hope that Starfield fails. Not just because I want a dent in Todd Howard's ego as he did probably play a role in Bethesda buying the Fallout IP and fucking it up, what better way to take a piss on this guy by seeing his dream project turn out to be shit. But that it also hurts Bethesda as they are trying to sell this as the next big IP and space games for casuals, only for an audience that pretty much accepts everything if the presentation is brilliant, to realize that this next big title they are told is good turns out to be unstable because of the frankenstein engine and just does the same tricks as Skyrim and Fallout 4/76. The audience itself finally discovering for themselves that they are no longer at the age that this was impressive.
AMEN! I like the way this guy thinks, I couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:
Yeah, I honestly hope Starfield fails for Bethesda get their comeuppance, and their deluded fans to finally wake up to all the mediocrity and crap.
It's actually one of the main reasons why I hate FO76 so much, it represents everything wrong with the Triple A Mainstream side of the gaming industry!

It’s fine.
This is technically the second rerelease (the first being the GOTY edition).
It’s shitty, but it’s something most conpanies do for easy money.
It’s not like they rereleased a PS5 version of Skyrim.

And I’m not gonna really count the GOTY edition as a rerelease as any game with DLC gets one of those these days

It’s fine.
This is technically the second rerelease (the first being the GOTY edition).
It’s shitty, but it’s something most conpanies do for easy money.
It’s not like they rereleased a PS5 version of Skyrim.

And I’m not gonna really count the GOTY edition as a rerelease as any game with DLC gets one of those these days
fallout 76 goty edition incoming

It's just something for people here to bitch about. Let it all out people. Tell us where Todd touched you.

* points at TDG's head *

"He wrecked the lore of Fallout, even more than the silliness of FO2, by basically ripping off and repeating the first two games' main campaign storyline while inserting terrible dialog such as "[Check]You fight the good fight with your voice", and "I am looking for father, a middle aged man.", as well as terrible non jokes. He also made the Super Mutants into orcs, and the Enclave into cliches that for some reason the new audience thinks is the genuine United States government despite that previous lore made it clear that this was a shadow group within the US, only concerned with its own power and survival."

* points at TDG's heart *

"He basically shit on a game franchise that showed me how exciting PC RPGs could be and that they don't need to be too complex or incomprehensible for newcomers while at the same time teaching me about choices and consequences, a lesson that influenced my own thinking on how to make stories and game campaigns. He took out all the complexities and heart it had in order to streamline it in order to turn it into ES Oblivion with power armor, lasers, and mutants, for an audience that previously saw Fallout as a relic of the past that should be ignored as it doesn't fit the modern RPG genre until their savior and god king Todd Howard revived it and retroactively made Fallout as it was always suppose to be."

* points at TDG's behind *

"And this was what Todd, Emil, and Hines were going for."

* sobs *

a game franchise that showed me how exciting PC RPGs could be and that they don't need to be too complex or incomprehensible for newcomers while at the same time teaching me about choices and consequences, a lesson that influenced my own thinking on how to make stories and game campaigns.
I think you just put into words why Fallout is so appealing to me as well. That’s exactly it. Thank you.

Back