FALLOUT 4 IS HERE

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Robb Stark, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Robb Stark

Robb Stark Wasteland Survivor

May 12, 2015
  2. Neon Child

Neon Child First time out of the vault

May 12, 2015
    It most certainly looks prettier than Fallout 3

3. Knight Captain Kerr

Knight Captain Kerr Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 27, 2011
    I like the art style, reminds me of Dishonored, better than failing at photo realism.

Anyway I'm one of those people who liked Fallout 3 and for some reason occasionally visits this website so I'm looking forward to it. Don't think it'll be as good as Fallout: New Vegas but I still think it'll be very good.

Is that voice at the end of the trailer Troy Baker?

4. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    We have a news section on this, kids...

5. fred2

fred2 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 2, 2013
    The first official trailer has been released.

Here are some screenshots from the new trailer, that show some of the new scenery that I could spot, posted here so we can discuss and speculate ..

The news section specify discuss the first trailer. And is riddled with trolls.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Is that area with the Baseball player statue Fenway Park methinks ?

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Gyro Captain

Dec 11, 2013
    There's also a guy in a Baseball uniform in the lower left picture #5, along with a shop called "Diamond City Surplus", so I think it's a safe bet that Fenway Park becomes "Diamond City" or something similar.

8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, I like the idea of a gang of dudes dressed up as baseball players beating the shit out of people. Just as good as the Kings I guess.

Also, when do we get a Fallout 4 sub-forum?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  9. Shadow of the Wastes

Shadow of the Wastes It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 8, 2010
    Long as you can take shove one of their bats up their ass and turn 'em into a popsicle.

10. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Speaking of which. I expect better melee combat like they did with Skyrim.

11. Paladin Waffles

Paladin Waffles You only live twice.

Nov 17, 2014
    Oh my god this is a wonderful idea. I imagine them having really thick Boston accents just going around beating people up in the streets, that would be hilarious.

12. TacoSalad

TacoSalad First time out of the vault

Jun 4, 2015
    Would basically be Ben Affleck and Matt Damon baseball batting people's skulls

13. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    If two of the NPC's aren't named Ben Affleck and Matt Damon I'll boycott the game.

14. fred2

Nov 2, 2013
    Indeed, here is a breakdown of all the location:

Bunker Hill

USS Constitution in Charlestown Harbor

Fenway (top right) and Prudential (behind)

Paul Revere

State House and Prudential Building

Boston skyline

source http://www.gamepur.com/news/19041-f...t-boston-monuments-showcased-fenway-park.html

Hopefully, although I am not sure how blocks will work with vats..

15. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    All this talk about a Baseball themed gang/factions makes me think of the "Baseball Furies" from The Warriors.

16. fred2

Nov 2, 2013
    Has anyone noticed what appears to be a red flying car in the pre-war suburbs? add to that the BOS airships, and does that mean that a limited addition of this can be appropriate for fallout:

17. ChildServices

ChildServices Banned

May 22, 2015
    Skyrim's melee combat is a boring clickfest with no real skill or player involvement. Play Mount & Blade, that's what the melee combat should be like.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. RetroAmerica

RetroAmerica It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 18, 2014
    Well that was definitely the worst promotional video that I've ever seen? Why does Bethesda's Fallout-Doom, insist upon making the world look like WW3 was only a matter of months or years ago still? Also, that was probably the stupidest use of trying to build tension, with the radio announcer being totally devoid of any sentiment, and saying "We have coming in!" really....does he suffer from dyslexia? Overall, poor advertisement for a poor product!

19. Drakortha

Drakortha First time out of the vault

May 25, 2009
    I want this to be good. I enjoyed Fallout 3 enough at the time, and being a fan of the originals I loved playing New Vegas in the west again. I don't know.. I have mixed feelings after seeing the trailer. They are going to be releasing more info at E3 so I'll reserve my judgement best I can until then.

20. Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor dear god, the scrapping

Apr 18, 2015
    ...better? Wasn't it just 'smash the mouse button until X falls over'? I mean I was hoping for some badass shit too, like limb crippling, or even removal of said limbs while in combat! Instead what I got is 'head popping' executions...ugh.

I'm pretty sure NV had superior melee combat, at least outside of VATS. Hit the torso? Torso crippled! Hit the head? Guy goes backwards, stunned a bit. Hit the weapon or arm? Disabled!