Fallout 4 Mods will be available on Xbox One

I doubt that, it would require constant administration by Bethesda on something they won't be making any money from, and the ybarely can conjure up enthusiasm for QA'ing the game and content they are making money from so.....

*shrugs* that's why god made interns for.

Most of these mods are going to be trivial things like simple re-textures or NEW GUNZZ and armor. Larger mods require FOSE/NVSE anyway.

Most of these mods are going to be trivial things like simple re-textures or NEW GUNZZ and armor. Larger mods require FOSE/NVSE anyway.

I honestly believe that Bethesda thinks that mods are just, armor, guns and cosmetics. I have a bad feeling that the mods for Fallout 4 are going to be pretty shallow. I would like to be proven wrong but so for it doesn't look good.

I'm not too savvy on the Xbox One architecture but aren't they going to be running Windows 10 on it at some point? A lot of mods should transfer over fairly easy I would think. Not the larger ones as others have mentioned, but I don't see why a script extender wouldn't be feasible. Granted I'm not a programmer so...

It will be interesting to see if someone will be able to program a script extender for the XBox One. Hats off to however is able to do it.

I'm not too savvy on the Xbox One architecture but aren't they going to be running Windows 10 on it at some point? A lot of mods should transfer over fairly easy I would think. Not the larger ones as others have mentioned, but I don't see why a script extender wouldn't be feasible. Granted I'm not a programmer so...

I am curious ... are we already at the point where the consoles actually become like non customizable computers?

Well if you install Windows 10 on the thing and then play modded Fallout 4 installed off of that, it's not really "console mods" anymore, is it? I mean if you install Windows on it, the Xbox just becomes a(n overpriced) PC with a fancy case.

I really dont see how this could be considered a BAD thing. Unless you are a PC elitist (note I said elitist, not PC gamer) who doesnt want consoles getting the ability to have mods.

Nobody is saying a bad thing, we ar ejust saying it's gonna be a complete disaster because Bethesda is not regulating anything and the tools and software that are essential to running a stable modded game are not that easy to get or inject into a PC. I mean they even included a failsafe to have an "unmoded state" save file separate from the regular ones.

I am curious ... are we already at the point where the consoles actually become like non customizable computers?

I thought we reached that point some time ago.

If nietzsche was a gamer-nerd he most probably would say that both, console peasants and PC elitists are just the interstage to the true uber-gamer that will be superior to both console and pc gamers and that instead of fighting each other they should actually work together to create this master race.

Back