Fallout 76 Nukes Lore and Releases

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Yeah, you still have to manualy use these types of weapons yourself. The problem Caesar has with technology is the complete replacement of the human being, meaning his soldiers no longer do it themselves.

Same for the Auto-Doc that removes his tumor, you're the one that makes it work. And i think this is an extreme rare case because the leader of the faction is about to die and i think they care about letting the whole technology thing go for a small amount of time to at least save their leader.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is mentioned earlier in this topic and we already know from a gameplay point of view why there are unlimited ICBMs but lore wise it is explained that the silos manufacture their own missiles.
Overseer's Log. Missile Site Alpha.
No one's here. Not even any military survivors. That might be for the best. I don't think Vault-Tec asserting jurisdiction over the nukes would've gone over well.
But, that also means I'm locked out. Access is restricted to the highest ranking officers. It's not going to be easy to fool.
If we can't secure these sites... My god... the automated factory in the silo... Just how many nukes can it make?
I find it really questionable and I think this is a lore addition that could eventually bite Bethesda writers in the back.
My goodness... so the world of Fallout has the capacity to infinitely produce nuclear weapons but never figured out how to do the same with nuclear energy sources?

Does this mean that there is an infinite supply of nuclear material ready for creating nukes or that there are perfected replicators (ala Sierra Madre machines) that infinitely replicate the materials for nuclear weapons?

I can't imagine how this retcon will bite the franchise further.

The 82.4% dip in sales is a notable one but keep in mind it's only physical sales and only in the UK. Still a huge drop though.

My goodness... so the world of Fallout has the capacity to infinitely produce nuclear weapons but never figured out how to do the same with nuclear energy sources?

Does this mean that there is an infinite supply of nuclear material ready for creating nukes or that there are perfected replicators (ala Sierra Madre machines) that infinitely replicate the materials for nuclear weapons?

I can't imagine how this retcon will bite the franchise further.

Couldn't think about the possibility of manufacturing power plants at the moment when I wrote that message but you are completely right.

Even at best if we would take this manufacturing of new missiles serious it would just mean the silo would be full of missile parts and stages and extra warheads, ready to be put together and be used and even then there would be a limit.

I honestly dread if Bethesda writers come up with the suggestion of Sierra Madre like replicators being the tech behind the missile manufacturing.
Bethesda has already cheapened the impact of nuclear weapons so much in the Fallout setting. What was once rare is now incredibly common and people have been launching missiles and detonating warheads ever since the war ended without it truly affecting the world.

Yeah, you still have to manualy use these types of weapons yourself. The problem Caesar has with technology is the complete replacement of the human being, meaning his soldiers no longer do it themselves.

Same for the Auto-Doc that removes his tumor, you're the one that makes it work. And i think this is an extreme rare case because the leader of the faction is about to die and i think they care about letting the whole technology thing go for a small amount of time to at least save their leader.

I think they make an exception for Caesar because he's always an exception. In the discussions about Caesar on Sawyer's blog, he even mentions that Caesar doesn't necessarily believe in or live by the philosophies he passes down to his people. The man is a politician. He will preach about what's required of his subjects and how they should live, but when it comes to himself he'll do whatever's best for him, even if it contradicts his own 'beliefs'. Which is typical of fascist dictators throughout history.

I honestly dread if Bethesda writers come up with the suggestion of Sierra Madre like replicators being the tech behind the missile manufacturing.
And even those replicators needed base material to make stuff (Sierra Madre chips), they didn't just make stuff out of thin air.

I'm sure they try to explain how the nukes are constantly reproduced but the general idea of the whole thing is just absurd and makes things a lot more complex and silly than it should ever be.
Like everyone is saying, all it takes is a faction to control a decent bit of West Virginia and they suddenly can win against anyone by outright nuking them since MAD isn't really a thing at that point. Whether it makes any sense or not in material terms is kinda moot to me since the idea itself just shits on common sense. Mothership Zeta aliens causing the war, now this. :flameon:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ultracite_power_armor

Yo fam! Heard you liked Power Armor. Well, I hit you up with this new model called Utracite. What the hell even is this?

Edit: So I dug around to see what the hell this is, and it's apparently made by a rando mining company and is made out of Ultracite that said company was mining for...so mining companies can make Power Armor now? Alrighty then.

Edit #2: Lmao! Excavator Power Armor is a joint effort between Garrahan Mining and West Tek. So when West Tek isn't dumping FEV into the water, it's helping mining companies make power armor.

Last edited:

I always just assumed that was because as a dictator (yes in the classical sense that Caesar uses) the rules don't apply to him.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ultracite_power_armor

Yo fam! Heard you liked Power Armor. Well, I hit you up with this new model called Utracite. What the hell even is this?

Edit: So I dug around to see what the hell this is, and it's apparently made by a rando mining company and is made out of Ultracite that said company was mining for...so mining companies can make Power Armor now? Alrighty then.

Edit #2: Lmao! Excavator Power Armor is a joint effort between Garrahan Mining and West Tek. So when West Tek isn't dumping FEV into the water, it's helping mining companies make power armor.

:lol:

I remember Hass mentioning the cool looking enclave armor. It's called Scout Armor, and speaking of the Enclave, remember how FO3 wanted to establish that they moved to Raven Rock after the Oil Rig got nuked, well, they've been on the East Coast since just shortly after the war. In fact, the Brotherhood has been in appalachia since 2082.

The Responders believe it or not are actually an interesting idea for a faction, it's to bad that they went down the cliche route of them having an uneasy relationship with the BoS and almost had a vaccine for the Scorch plague but oops we done goofed and got wiped out.

Oh yeah, the Flatwoods Monster is in the game. It's not a mutant creature, it's an actual alien lol

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the Flatwoods Monster is in the game. It's not a mutant creature, it's an actual alien lol

All the cryptids in the game are the genuine thing instead of custom designed genetic engineered creatures which would have made more sense. The Mothman for example was summoned by cultists before the war.

I would have redesigned the flatwood monster to be actually a robo brain designed for labor in space and on other planets and that it came from the wreckage of the Valiant space station. (I hate how such an interesting piece is just another background object)

So, with political tension high in pre-war America, the folks in West Virginia had a cult that summoned the Mothman...yep, that's Bethesda alright.

YAGpXPd.png

Last edited:
So, in a world where resources were running low, they all of a sudden get new resources like Ultracite? What the hell is Ultracite?

Back