Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Canvas bags are a smoke screen, so everybody talks about them, not about missing mod support and private servers.

2. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    And yet another video about Todd's interview.

3. Richwizard

Richwizard Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Orderite

Jan 18, 2010
    They promised beta testing. Then they didn't start that until right before the launch. WTF were they thinking? Of course, they were thinking $$$$$.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  4. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
  5. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017
    Also, a Battle Royale mode. They are really creatively bankrupt and have been for a long while.

And yup, it's hilarious that they adding npcs when Todd Howard himself said that the npcs were gonna be human players.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Vault Fossil

Jun 15, 2015
    I love that this is how you are to become Overseer. It is such a insult to the lore but again nothing shocks me with regards to Bethesda and the fucking up of their games lore at this point.

7. Richwizard

Richwizard Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Orderite

Jan 18, 2010
    Where's my private server?

8. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 12, 2011
    So we're surprised at how terrible Bethesda is at this point?

They said they were the first to bring mods to consoles with Fallout 4. That's a lie. Unreal Tournament on PS3 had mods. That guy's speech must've been written by Todd the Liar.

9. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    They add NPCs and ditch dialogue wheel, add a BR mode. They really care about their fanbase (or at least about their wallets).

I wonder how many "influencers" will apologise and ask Papa Todd for forgiveness for betraying him last year.

10. Norzan

Apr 7, 2017
    You know how low the standards of some people are when they praise Bethesda for adding npcs and choice and consequences to a game several months after release, and said game is part of a franchise that had that since the first game.

That's how low the industry has gotten, adding basic shit to a RPG is met with praise. Then those same people that give that praise wonder why a lot of people criticize Bethesda.

11. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 12, 2011
  12. Norzan

Apr 7, 2017

This is my response to that.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    And this is my response:

14. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 26, 2016
  15. Norzan

Apr 7, 2017
    My response stands.

16. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    And the Bethesda fanboys are already making excuses for no human NPC's at launch. "It was planned all along!"

17. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    You guys know what The Onion is, right?

Wanna organize a NMA free trial party? This is terrible but maybe shooting the shit in group will make it less awful.

18. Norzan

Apr 7, 2017
    NPCs that came back after people bombed Appalachia with several nuclear bombs. :roffle:

And when has Bethesda cared for solid background? They are only adding npcs and dialogue to the game to try to get people into the game.

19. Squadcar

Squadcar Ofajujd Spjoft Umvzw

Jun 1, 2018
    I kinda guessed this from the start. They probably already knew people would want it but were hoping for bursts of sales here and there. People claimed, "Won't buy until it's on Steam." "Why buy this if there are no NPCs?"

Bethesda was hoping that doing this stuff later would attract those sales to help boost the game later on. I'm sure they had analytics on how to minimize effort and maximize profit.

20. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I guess they are sticking to their approach to games whereby they don't care about the launch and only put minimal effort in the post-launch.