Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontoReign, Nov 20, 2018.

1. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Check the anon link at the bottom. lol

2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
  3. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
  4. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    Everyone is covering it. However, There are still many bugthesda fanboys who will buy this crap.

Between lootboxes, ai created to analyse and Target whales, gaming Has become depressing. Off to Indie titles we go.

5. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
  6. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Bethesda made

$100

Fanmade

$ 0

7. Korin

Korin Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
  8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010

The Fallout official Twitter account's banner is weirdly appropiate.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Squadcar

Squadcar I'm spinning

Jun 1, 2018
    Fallout 1st is having some issues.

10. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    Oh shit man, that's hilarious.
    76 is just the gift that keeps on giving.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Korin

Korin Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    The issue with "private servers" being reused public servers is so far only a rumour. I've asked some pretty basic questions on these reports for testing and no one has been able to prove it. Primarily that if these weren't truly private you would find structures left behind at any workshop since these persist during the life of the server (even after the player leaves). Any exploded cars in a popular area like Whitesprings also wouldn't respawn. Not ruling out the reports but people haven't been able to verify their own claims. I've lived through a number of these conspiracies (there are enough real issues to make conspiracies plausible unfortunately).

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I like that Bethesda Hate is now mainstream. *cheff kiss*

13. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
  14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I hope the Fallout First Domain guy gets a good fat paycheck from Bethesda.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  15. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Last I heard there were ways around domain trolling or they could just threaten to bury him in legal bills.

16. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
  17. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
  18. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017

Didn't know if i should have made a separate thread for this, but since he's basically trashing Fallout 76 some more in the video, i figured here would be more appropriate.

The funniest part of this video is when he starts to basically use the same argument i use when people say why i can't just enjoy the Bethesda Fallouts for what they are. How going from Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas to any Bethesda Fallout is like going from a fine dining experience to a Mcdonalds dinner where the burger is overcooked and cold, the bun is stale, and the fries are cold as well.

For more information, this man shilled for Bethesda for almost a decade, saying that the people that love Fallout 1 and 2 just hate Bethesda Fallouts because they are different. But then he's doing the same thing a lot of people did, criticizing the Bethesda fallouts while glorifying another game. He comes off as a little bit of an hypocrite here.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  19. Rheios

Rheios Mr. House's Employee of the Apocalypse

Oct 22, 2018
    Yeah, watching Sterling go after 76 but still waffling try and support 4 has been rather funny imo. Like he won't come out and say its the same game but with the thin veneer peeled away. Honestly, I can sortof understand it. He lacks the time to get to really know these games like he probably should (I sincerely doubt he does more than 1 playthrough of a game like Fallout 4, or that it's ever really expansive enough that a second playthrough wouldn't show him something new) so the novelty patina is all he ever gets to feel. Doesn't matter how well it holds together or what's under it. 76 didn't bother to put even their shitty skin on so the failures were laid bare to him. It makes seeing without rose-tinted goggles way easier.
    And be fair, some poor somewhat competent developer might have tried to microwave F3's burger until the marketing department slapped it out of their hands and said "Think brand recognition". It has that flavor. But I guess all their games do have an increasing taste of managerial interference and incompetence. Sortof like office chairs and circle-jerk odor.

Still watching 76 get it is delightful, even if I can go the reddit fallout/game forums and find people whining about the hate for their game or catch them saying stupid shit like "I spend 10-20$ a month in the game already. Why's Fallout 1st a bad idea?", which as others here have said: means Bethesda's getting off scot-free on the whole abomination.

Although the funniest idea I saw today was someone accusing NMA of griefing Fallout's reddit with new negative accounts. I had to explain to the guy that pretty much none of us have any interest in wasting our time on *that*. Like a few of us might just because that's sortof their schtick maybe but most of us have freakin' day jobs and are content to just laugh at the storm.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  20. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2