Fallout Anthology announced for PC

Why are people so attracted to useless plastic junk? What do you do with it?

I don't get it either. I don't really want any more plastic crap in my life because it takes up space I don't have and is a less useful thing to put in theoretical shelf space than a book I can read, a DVD I can watch, a game I can play, etc. I get that there are people out there for whom collecting toys to display is something they really enjoy, and that's fine, but I really don't get it. Personally, I want to get more shelves so I can take some more books out of storage.

...a book I can read, a DVD I can watch...
...A thing [of the setting] I can display, and can look at... ?

I still have my Fallout big-box ~box; and the same for Planescape, and Baldur's Gate 2.
(...and Dune 2; and Epic Pinball... and Eye of the Beholder; and Curse of the Azure Bonds.... and the Tandy 1000 EX to play the 5¼ disks on it on.:wtf:)

Last edited:
They should learn from GoG and include some exclusive bonus like making off, advetizing materials, interview from Cain/Fargo/MCA etc..., some most endorsed mods, manuals, tips, the comics from Sawyers, map of the Fallout world, etc... Give people an actual reason to buy this, even if they already have all the games...

Why are people so attracted to useless plastic junk? What do you do with it?
Why? The same reason people like art.
That would be a good answer, however if these plastic thingies were near a garbage container, i bet nobody would blink an eye. I would be hard pressed to include game accessories (made in china) in the same dimension as art.

Last edited:
But it IS art. Something does not need to be good to be called art. There is such a thing as shit art. And good art. And everything in between.

But it IS art. Something does not need to be good to be called art. There is such a thing as shit art. And good art. And everything in between.

It only now dawned on me! "Art" sounds just like "Fart". I fart on your art; Electronic Farts.

It only now dawned on me! "Art" sounds just like "Fart". I fart on your art; Electronic Farts.
You are artful with words, unfortunately some farts worth more than others. People lining up for what Beth offers, and as a limited addition it might eventually cost a little fortune.

If they ditched the stupid plastic mini-nuke and included the original spiral bound manual notebook with post apoc cookie recipes, I might buy it.

Mine is a little worn out after all these years.

Spiral bound? Mine isn't even spiral bound :(
Stupid german edition.
It has cookie recipes, though.

Spiral bound? Mine isn't even spiral bound :(
Stupid german edition.
It has cookie recipes, though.
Not to rub it in, but the spiral bound Fallout manual in the Big-Box set, was superb.

manual_zps64z0pkdf.jpg

I lost mine in a hurricane.

Last edited:
Reactions: sea
Back