Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    I found the bug, it'll be fixed in the next patch.

2. cloudropis

cloudropis First time out of the vault

Dec 22, 2013
    Hi, uhm, I recently started playing Fallout 1 FIXT with a charismatic and intelligent character. I noticed some strange events during the game and, curious, I went to search about them. The fact is, I got my results from the Fallout wiki and those event's requirements in stats are completely different from mine. Of course I thought this was caused by FIXT and its mods, but they're pretty strange.
    In the raiders camp, the people called me the Dead Hand and thought I were their boss dead father's ghost. According to the wiki, this happens with at least 9 luck and that brings just a 50% chance of that happening.
    I have 4 luck.
    And, in Shady Sands, Seth didn't say anything about his ill brother, which happens if the Dweller has less than 3-4 intelligence.. But I have 9.
    So, do you confirm this is what it's supposed to happen? It seems pretty strange, I'm unsure if this is how the mod correctly works or the game somehow bugged hard. Game bought via GOG BTW.

3. MaJoR

MaJoR First time out of the vault

Dec 18, 2013
    This has probably been asked a bazillion times, but what is the difference between "Megapatch" and "Megamod"? Is "megapatch" missing mods or features? Or is it just a different installation method?

EDIT: Found it in the readme. Yep, several mods are missing. Dammit, I have to download it again, and since I have dialup that will be quite an ordeal. Oh well. You really should say that on the original post...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  4. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki First time out of the vault

Apr 24, 2011
    Is this contains the missing quests like find the spy in boneyard?

5. Ted Gavarkavich

Ted Gavarkavich First time out of the vault

Dec 24, 2013
    Fix!!!

Go into the DATA folder inside of the Fallout folder, open the SCRIPTS folder and locate the "LARS.INT" file. Move the file to the desktop. Then, go back to the main Fallout folder and open the Source folder, then the Scripts folder. Locate the "LARS.SSL" file, and move it to the desktop, as well.

This worked for me, without quitting the game. Moved the files, clicked back into the game, and bam! everything worked. For now, I'm just leaving the files on the desktop.

--Cheers!

6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    If you're playing a mod, please post in the appropriate thread here. My mod has a sticky thread. Posting in the right place is in everyone's best interest :)

I will be releasing a patch soon to fix this issue.

Thanks!

7. Scramjet

Scramjet First time out of the vault

Sep 14, 2013
    Fallout FIXT Crash?

So I was playing the original Fallout with Fallout FIXT installed earlier today. I had gotten to the point where you go to Vault 15. I was all ready to leave, but my game crashed when I got to the menu that allows you to travel. I tried reloading, but it keeps doing this. Does anyone know why this is happening, or can offer me a solution?

In case it will help I am playing on a 64 Bit Computer, and I'm playing with Fallout FIXT installed. I'm also running the game through Steam if that information helps.

8. cloudropis

Dec 22, 2013
    Weird events in Fallout FIXT

Hi, uhm, I recently started playing Fallout 1 FIXT with a charismatic and intelligent character. I noticed some strange events during the game and, curious, I went to search about them. The fact is, I got my results from the Fallout wiki and those event's requirements in stats are completely different from mine. Of course I thought this was caused by FIXT and its mods, but they're pretty strange.
    In the raiders camp, the people called me the Dead Hand and thought I were their boss dead father's ghost. According to the wiki, this happens with at least 9 luck and that brings just a 50% chance of that happening.
    I have 4 luck.
    And, in Shady Sands, Seth didn't say anything about his ill brother, which happens if the Dweller has less than 3-4 intelligence.. But I have 9.
    So, do you confirm this is what it's supposed to happen? It seems pretty strange, I'm unsure if this is how the mod correctly works or the game somehow bugged hard. Game bought via GOG BTW.

9. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    bugs with fallout fixt must be written in the sticky topic about it. ;)

10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I plan to release a patch today; stay tuned.

11. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    That's great news!

I'll check in here every 30 minutes from now on! :cool:

12. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    lol sounds good, thanks.

Work on patch alpha 6.5 continues, barring unexpected delays I expect to be done in a few hours.

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    It's taking a lot longer than I excpected (as seems to always go with these things, heh) but I'm done with graphics and executables and plugins, now just need to do dialog/text and scripts.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Alpha 6.5 patch released! Happy ChristmaHannuKwanzaFest!

This includes everything from previous patches, and requires alpha 6.1 installed first. Download size 11 MB , installed size 100 MB (though actual size is smaller, since many files are just over-writing existing files)

--> LET'S DO THIS! <--

New in this patch:
    - includes f1_res 4.1.7
    - various fixes with The Khans and Garl
    - fixes for a bug with Childkiller and Garl's Father that the last patch introduced
    - lots of restored death animations (i.e. critters now showing burned instead of just falling over, when hit with Alien Blaster on Normal violence level)
    - unused "pistol burst" animation implemented, for use with Uzi
    - lootable meat and empty waterflask items now exist (but aren't used quite yet) in anticipation for major Outdoorsman overhaul/improvement
    - Uzi can actually be found sometimes in Vault 15
    - "under the bed" script restored in Vault 15 as well; player can find an item if they pass the checks. it won't change game balance.
    - scripts linked to brahmin properly on caravan maps
    - you now lose money on the caravans if the brahmin are killed. if both are killed, you get nothing.
    - black area in Halls of Dead map no longer black
    - improved Mysterious Stranger stats
    - lots and lots of other things, take a look at the changelog once patch is installed, if you don't mind spoilers.

I think it should be compatible with alpha 6.x saves, but back up your entire Fallout FIXT folder just in case.

Installation instructions:
    1) You need to first have Fallout FIXT alpha 6.1 installed
    2) Download the alpha 6.5 patch
    3) It's a self-extracting zip file; run it (usually by a double-left-click on the file icon) and point it to the same directory that you installed Fallout FIXT into -- for example "C:\Games\Fallout"
    4) If prompted to Overwrite Files, say Yes To All.
    5) Version installed can be confirmed as usual: check bottom-right of main menu, or click Credits from main menu.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
  16. Ormans

Ormans First time out of the vault

Sep 27, 2013
    This is amazing! I'll re-install Fallout 1 right now :D

17. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    Sduibek - congrats for the release, but iirc you said several posts ago you'd make a full installer of the next patch because of issues with the present system of installing 6.1 and then installing the newest patch over it, did you change your mind about it or there wasnt any problem at all related to the installation?

18. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    Congratulations! :wink:

19. cloudropis

Dec 22, 2013
    I don't know if it is a bug or not, it may very well be how FIXT is designed, so that's not the appropriare topic IMO.

20. vendetta

vendetta First time out of the vault

Dec 27, 2013
    okay, in the alpha 6.4 version of fixt, dogmeat is now red (which is stated in the changelog as well) and he automatically joins you even when you didn't give him the iguana or dress up using the leather jacket and i can't give him commands like to wait and let him join again... also, when I do get him i thought this was just another bug that was left not being fixed so I didn't get dogmeat yet and made a backup save... now 6.5 is released and rechecked dogmeat and still the same thing happens. have you noticed this?