Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Hey guys,

Sorry about not responding to the last couple pages of posts. I have seen them all and plan on responding, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

2. vendetta

vendetta First time out of the vault

Dec 27, 2013
    update on my previous post: when I get dogmeat and move on to another map, he doesn't follow me he just stays there and doesn't follow me to other maps... hope u can fix this...

3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki First time out of the vault

Apr 24, 2011
    Can i ask if the surgeries on BoS base were repeatable in the original version too? I am playing with the fixit and i can do it plenty of times until i reach 10 stat. I remember i only could do a particular surgery once.

4. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    You shouldn't be able, I guess, since Sduibek told me a few hours ago Fallout 1 limits you on how many stat upgrades you get in game.

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Heh. "Surprise, I lied!" But in seriousness yes, any operation past the first is only available in my mod.

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.

6. Ryuzaki

Apr 24, 2011
    INIT_MOLERAT2.SSL - tell Sduibek where and when you seen blabla: January, 8. / 2163, random encounter a little above boneyard. 7 regular molerat.

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Thanks!

I didn't think of it until the last couple patches, but having you guys contact me when encountering a given script is a lot easier than me literally playing through the whole game just to check if a particular script is ever used. :cool: It's not laziness if it's in the name of productivity and efficiency! ;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  8. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I'm working on splitting the Changelog into sections, so that it's easier to read and not just a huge torrent of entries. ...Well it's still a huge torrent of entries, but it'll look nicer at least.

Example:

9. Ryuzaki

Apr 24, 2011
    I got issue with ground traps (game not visualizes them), so after i finished the game i reinstalled the whole thing and started a new character. It seems i have these nasty invisible traps again :(
    I am wondering if anybody experienced this, its a known bug or its just me? When i approach a land trap, error25 comes by, and i am not able to see it or disarm it. Walking on them sets them off as normal. Wall safes / door traps are working fine.

xm6eme.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Crap, okay thanks I'll get it fixed.

11. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Next full release (installer) will likely not have nearly as many new features as I'd like or planned; real life got in the way guys. Girlfriend and holidays and school and illness, oh my!

Anyway, I will still have an installer by January 6th, so you only have one more week to wait ;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  12. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    Will hold on downloading this version till 6/1 then.

13. Ren117

Ren117 First time out of the vault

Jan 2, 2014
    Yeah I got the same issue from the glow i cant even get the holotape or interact to the computer. Before I enter to the room with the dead bos guy i got killed by the infinite ground invisible traps. In the screen info i got a message error25error, error50error, error75error ... Maybe is a bug or something In using fixt 6.5 please help!!!!

14. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    This also happens in the vanilla game. It's because you wait too long to recruit Dogmeat.

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I'll see if I can release a patch today for the traps issues. Otherwise you'll all just have to be patient and wait for the installer release :P

Regardless, the error message will stop displaying when you disarm the trap, so just save your game, put the difficulty on Easy, and walk around the area that's giving you trouble. Eventually you'll disarm it.

16. cloudropis

cloudropis First time out of the vault

Dec 22, 2013
    Re-posting this.

17. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay finally responding to older posts, I apologize for the wait. Thanks everyone for understanding and not rioting a lynch mob against me ;) :D

@Perkyguy So it turned out this was a bug with f1_res not my mod (whew, dodged a bullet with that one). If you're still playing the game, or willing to play again, can you check to see if the issue you're talking about still exists? Because the newest FIXT patch includes newest f1_es (4.1.7) which shouldn't have this issue. Later on we can test modified "player light radius" and see if that makes the issue come back (although I doubt it will).

If you want, I have a debugging script I can give you that'll let you teleport directly to the Military Base (among other things).

@Mirak Correct, you're supposed to stand still and not move.

Yeah, I still don't know exactly what's up with this sequence. If you go directly here the first time entering the Brotherhood, it works fine. Other than that, it's "might work or might not". I don't know about other people but for me this was the same in vanilla and TeamX patches as well. I'll add it to the bugs wiki.

@Stuck I think these issues are fixed now but thank you for the reports, I'll add them to the wiki and re-check them.

@akasha Yes.

Partial invasions / fighting off invasions has been mentioned before; it's something I may do everntually. I'll make sure it's in Suggestions in the bugs wiki.

Both, actually. By default (i.e. the original game and all other patches and mods) Necropolis invasion happens: 110 days after entering Necropolis (no matter what, no exceptions) and the game also gets Necropolis invaded 30 days after defeating the Watershed Super Mutants, if you did that.

@Gym83 @MaJoR Hey guys; Full Custom has available all new contents - everything I've made for FIXT you can install if you download this version (hence why the download size is much larger). Fixes Only, as the name implies, only includes fixes. This is for what we usually refer to as Purists :D People who don't want the game changed much. And that way they don't have a huge download for stuff they don't need. Fixes Only has some customization available, but just minor stuff - a couple restorations, a couple "maybe fixes", and a few audio/interface customizations.

I've removed "Megamod" and "Megapatch" words so hopefully it should be more clear now.

@Gym83 This is very strange, I still don't know what's causing it. However, I'll add it to the bugs wiki.

This is a change on-purpose, in next release it will be made optional.

@phillon Wow, thank you! I did receive it :) And yeah it's intended to be the "Must=-Have" mod for Fallout 1 :mrgreen: Thanks again, you rock :notworthy:

@Ryuzaki Not yeah, but it's planned and in progress.

@Ryuzaki Oversight, the next release should have 1 operation as default (as was in the original game) and only be different if selected during install. Speaking of which, what selection did you use when you installed my mod?

@Scramjet Hmmm this is strange. If you could please send me a savegame that would be very helpful. Also was this using the newest version? If not, please try again with version alpha 6.5, thanks!

@vendetta Not intended, I'll check it out. Thanks!

@cloudropis Sorry for silence, thanks for reminding me to reply :nod:

Death Hand confusion is fixed in most recent patch; will thus be fixed in next installer release as well.

Didn't know about the Seth one, I'll check it out. Thanks!

@voodzia Here, place this in (FalloutFIXT)\DATA\ART\INTRFACE and say Yes to OverWrite. Did you pick the red background and change your mind, or it installed automatically?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6jaf586wvcdktu/MAINMENU.FRM
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqjl585o9pz3zxd/HR_MAINMENU.FRM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  18. voodzia

voodzia It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 27, 2005
    Thank you for those files, it's much better now. As for your question - actually it appeared automatically after I disabled hi-res patch. When I was playing with hi-res patch enabled I had a different background.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I cannot sell Stealth Boy in Hub (merchants say: "your offer is not good enough" or something like this).

19. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Did you use one of the non-custom options when installing? i.e. Standard or Full? Other one of item sales is known issue, no known fix at the moment.

20. voodzia

voodzia It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 27, 2005
    IIRC, I just installed full version of your mod-patch. (Thanks for letting me know about this selling issue - it's not a big problem for me.)