Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Hi Sduibek,

First of all just wanted to thank you for this great mod. Just had another playthrough with it and the various improvements enhanced the experience greatly.

However I have an issue with the ending for Necropolis. I checked the conditions for getting the good ending and met them (fixed water pump, killed super mutants for Set, went there before 110 days and never returned after finishing), however I still did not get the good ending.

I did remember killing the door guard to Set's temple place (because he started combat) but I did not kill Set and got the reward from him for killing the super mutants, and the quest was even crossed out on the pip-boy. Can you please shed some light on this? Thanks.

bozyn said:
Hi Sduibek,

First of all just wanted to thank you for this great mod. Just had another playthrough with it and the various improvements enhanced the experience greatly.
Awesome, thanks! Glad you like it :)

bozyn said:
However I have an issue with the ending for Necropolis. I checked the conditions for getting the good ending and met them (fixed water pump, killed super mutants for Set, went there before 110 days and never returned after finishing), however I still did not get the good ending.

I did remember killing the door guard to Set's temple place (because he started combat) but I did not kill Set and got the reward from him for killing the super mutants, and the quest was even crossed out on the pip-boy. Can you please shed some light on this? Thanks.
It's been a while since I looked at the exact details, but if I remember correctly it's either one of two things -- 1) If 110 days passes, they die, whether or not you come back. This would not have necessarily been the case in vanilla because the invasion code was a bit buggy. In other words, whether you went back to find the corpses or not in your game, the global variables in your game were still set to "Oh shit, these guys are toast"

or 2) I think killing the Super Mutants actually causes them to die as well. If I remember correctly, 30 days after killing them, the city is invaded.

Here's what Per's guide says (if you Google for "nearly ultimate Fallout guide" it's the first result) -->
[spoiler:3846c2a582]
Per said:
If you remove the Water Chip without fixing the pump, the ghouls in Necropolis will die of dehydration in seven days. If you enter the area 110 days after the start of the game (corresponding to 25 Mar 2162), or 30 days after killing all the super mutants at the watershed, and if the Master is still alive, the ghouls will be dead anyway (including the ones in the sewers, but not the ones in the vault) and there'll be three super mutant invaders on each of the three maps above ground. There's not so much to do about it except killing them. In the building with the ghoul gangers there'll be a refugee who can tell you what happened.

Note that for each of the three maps the conditions for dehydration and/or invasion are checked only when you enter it, potentially resulting in discontinuities: it's possible to take the chip and have the watershed and hotel maps dry up, then replace the chip and find the church ghouls thriving; or you could enter one map and encounter invaders, then go and kill the Master and return to find the rest of the ghouls alive.
[/spoiler:3846c2a582]

Hmmm, looks like you didn't "violate" any of those.

I am assuming this is due to variable/invasion checks being fixed (that would have been by TeamX for the patches, not me) but it's definitely possible that it's bugged. I'll add it to the bug list.

If you have a save game of that character perhaps, I can look at the variables to see what's up with them.

Thanks

I've been trying it a bit and as far as I can tell, it works great.

I haven't seen any hints of a ring of light and I don't see anything wrong with the rest. At least not yet.

The only downside was having to reconfigure my settings after installing the new patch.

BTW, have you had the chance to try to PRO files I sent?

Excellent mod! I've applied several mods together in the past for a mega mod installation, but this was much easier. :)

Things are looking good. I did notice the "Skilled" trait description is slightly too long, so it extends beyond the description window.

I found the Skilled trait string in the Fallout\data\TEXT\ENGLISH\GAME\TRAIT.MSG file. After a couple wordsmithing attempts I was able to make a description fit. Seems like the skilled trait image pushes the text into a narrow window. This is what I settled on:
You spent more time honing your skills than an average person. You start with better skill levels, but you do not gain as many extra abilities. You will gain a perk every four levels instead of every three.

dudejo001-- I haven't worked with the files yet. Busy with school, unfortunately.

robbforce- Thanks for that!

Nibiru said:
this mod makes more bugs than it removes, sorry to tell it
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

EDIT:

My initial reaction to this claim was to call BS angrily, but the reason I ultimately didn't do that, is because with a project of this scale and scope and ambition, it's really hard and time-consuming to test every area and every little change (not to mention testing the unforeseen effects of said changes).

There are things changed back in, say Alpha 1 or Alpha 3, that I haven't looked at since because I've been working on other aspects of the mod.

So all I meant was: Is it theoretically possible that Fallout FIXT alpha v5.3 has more bugs than TeamX v1.35? Maybe. That being said, I would be very surprised if this were the case. As far as I know, I've fixed a minimum of 60 bugs with FIXT that still existed in TeamX v1.35, and while some of the stuff I've changed may have accidentally introduced bugs, I highly doubt that that number of bugs is 60 or more.

In my experience over many play-throughs the TeamX patches introduced bugs as well, I think sometimes it's just part of the process.

More info and explanation

That being said, if you would please take the time to add them to the Bug Reports wiki I'd appreciate it :)

Nibiru said:
hi , sorry for being rude, i wasn't saying that mod isn't good, the goal of this mod is noble, but the bugs waste it, i will report you what i can find :)
Have you been able to add any of these to the Bug Reports wiki? (link is in my signature)
Thanks!

hi , sorry for being rude, i wasn't saying that mod isn't good, the goal of this mod is noble, but the bugs waste it, i will report you what i can find :)

What should be able to be changed via the loader? So far I have:

Invasions (number of days, whether they're enabled)
Weapon Drop (enable/disable and distance)
Debug settings (like enabling debug logging and debug settings in the .cfg file)
? Cheat mode settings/options ?
NPC graphics (enable/disable Use All Weapons)

Nibiru said:
No worries, you're fine. A couple years ago I probably would have gotten mad or/and butthurt, but really it's not a big deal. I can recognize that there's lots of bugs and I'm not going to lie to myself about that being the case :P

LRon_ said:
How have I not found this mod before? This is incredible! Keep updating!
Thanks! :mrgreen:

PaladinBreach said:
Sduibek said:
Weird...

Okay, try this:

Run the f1_res_patcher and select to REMOVE the hi-res patch.
move ddraw.ini, ddraw.dll, f1_res.ini, and f1_res.dll out from your Fallout FIXT folder.
Run the game directly from FalloutW.exe (no .bat files or anything)

What happens then?

THANK YOU! Ok that works, and might I add you did a fantastic job on this mod! Just now when the Super Mutants Invade can you enter those destroyed locations, and will there be more content added in the future.

I have the exact same problem (mouse pointer freezes at the character creation screen where the "Create Character" button was.) I uninstalled the high resolution mod, and took the ddraw and f1_res files out. No change. I can only start a new game with the default characters.

(I'm running Windows 7 and Parallels on a Mac, by the way.)

Back