Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. phillon

phillon First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2013
    Looking awesome; thank you for your efforts Sduibek! I am just now starting to get into modding as well (going to do some modding to Fallout Tactics); there is just an awesome "special" feeling that comes with taking something that means so much to you (for example Fallout 1/2 and for me also Tactics) and making it even better...almost like "nurturing a child" of sorts, difficult to explain.

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010

And I think I might know what you mean.... it's really cool to be making something that people really like, and it feels pretty great to be doing something no one's done before (megamod project for first Fallout)

3. gattocake

gattocake First time out of the vault

Aug 23, 2013
    Why does it give you an extra 10mm pistol?

4. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Well i you figure out any more details that might help me get to the bottom of it, please do let me know :)

Players who start with certain amounts in Small Guns will start with an extra pistol.

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    List of files in the installer is organized by folder and alphabetized now, so that should make future additions/changes to files a lot easier to manage.

For the curious, there's ~4500 files in the installer at this time.

It's going to be a battle getting this done by the 31st but I'm doing my best. Ambitious productions take lots of time :shock:

6. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Just take your time, Sduibek.
    Rushing the product will get you flamed by a bunch of people with all kinds of bugs and problems.

Few extra days of looking through stuff will do nothing but good.

Sure helped me with my releases.

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Speaking of which, how's the Russian translation coming along? :)

8. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Honestly, not going yet.:( :oops:

I was too busy with Killap's newly released RP translation. But you are on my list. I just gotta go through files to figure out what exactly needs to be done.

9. coldroll

coldroll Fuck Bethesda

Jul 4, 2012
    I think a random encounter might be causing the game to crash because the red cursor blinks like a random encounter is about to start up then it crashes.

10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    And that's using the new version of the exe that I gave you?

11. coldroll

coldroll Fuck Bethesda

Jul 4, 2012
  12. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay, thanks. I have no idea which encounter it would be, but that actually does narrow it down a lot :)

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    NPC options are done. Choosable "weapons used" and appearance for all 3 of the hirable NPCs is done, as is making their levelup system optional.

All the graphics files for them takes about 305MB total. :shock: Alpha 6 is gonna take a lot more hard drive space than Alpha 5.3 did :lol:

EDIT: "Red dogmeat" optional choice is now also implemented

14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    [moved]

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay, I've FINALLY come up with a version of StapBox (Mrs Stapleton's inventory) that isn't buggy, doesn't give infinite/duplicate books, is customizable and works like I wanted it to all along. Yay!!

The key was an excessive amount of If statements, checking if it was First_Time_On_Map and Is_Loading_Game :roll:

16. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Now implemented:
    - option to fully heal on levelup
    - option to display player level on levelup ("You are now level 2")
    - option to display title on levelup (these are from the manual)
    (lvl & title display can be combined)

Also, hookers should finally be functioning without bugs. And the dialog is not offensive any more (being explicit was unnecessary and really wasn't adding anything to the game).

17. SpookyNooky

SpookyNooky First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2013
    Hi there,
    first of all, GREAT mod/ patch.
    Unfortunately I suffer from crashes myself that I can reproduce.

This is a screenshot

Googling around (the error message and 'fallout') shows me, that I could not be the only one.

It seems that my savefile is corrupted. I am currently in the wasteland because of a random encounter. The Radscorpions are dead and I can walk around and everything. When I go to the world map I am able to scroll around, but when I CLICK somewhere on the world map, the game instantly crashes.

I can give you the savegame if that helps.

I use the Steam version of Fallout, changed the language to englisch (default is german) and then installed the FIXT patch. I played with the FALLOUTW.exe (direct start in Steam), but I don't think that's the problem here. Starting with the .bat file doesn't help here.

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    There is a link to FalloutW.exe earlier in this thread, maybe a page or two before this one, try that and see if issue persists. Also try disabling f1_res.

19. SpookyNooky

SpookyNooky First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2013
  20. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Heh, Damn. Well I forgot that chance of random encounters was modified on last release, it can cause crashes. So it's been restored in exe of next release.

Try disabling f1res and see what happens. Disable it through f1resConfig.e,e, AND move the f1res dll , f1res ini and f1resconfig exe out of the Fallout folder temporarily.