Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. SpookyNooky

SpookyNooky First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2013
    Whoo, can't wait for it. Although I'm still in the first playthrough of the FIXT mod and found out a lot new things (best one for me so far is the multiple possible surgeries at BoS).

I found some bugs, though, in the current version.

1) Sometimes some objects (walls, trees, signs, even critters) get all white, when I get near them and these objects remain white. That's what it looks like:
    [spoiler:9b107a0524]
    [/spoiler:9b107a0524]

2) At the BoS base Michael gives me a quest about giving three EMP grenades to Sophia near Vree in floor 3. When I get there and talk to Sophia there is no possibility to talk to her regarding these grenades. When I then go back to Michael the dialogue option is reset, therefore I can ask to help him and I get these EMP grenades again -> infinite source of free EMP grenades.

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Grenades is fixed in next version.

If you update f1res from Files section here, graphics issue goes away.

3. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    Sduibek,

what about donations? I think they'd not solve much in terms of economical issues but it'd be a small tangible way of appreciation from those who enjoyed FIXT a lot.

4. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    The problem with donations is Bethesda. I'm sure Sduibek has been offered donations before, and I'm also pretty sure he rejected them because then Beth could argue that he's leveraging comercially their IP. I'd pay him if it weren't for this (he can always get mate and some free beers if he comes to visit to Argentina, of course).

5. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    I don't think they lie, they rather say a half-truth. It doesn't buy happiness, because some of the requisites for happiness can't be bought. But you need it to have some of the other requisites, like not having to worry about where will you live.

6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Just finished restoration of military base codes for those running Fixes Only, and some tweaks in the options for those not.

Also done implementing the "warning if loading a character from old version of FIXT" check/message.

It's frustrating with programming, when you think something will take you 20minutes and it takes several hours. :?

7. Elitech

Elitech Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2008
    Eh, idk... It's a donation, ur donating money for, i.e., his rent... Gray area, cant touch this ;)

8. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I think Elitech is right, I don't think donations count in terms of legal douchebagginess such as suing modders.

I've actually considered the whole "click here if you wish to donate" thing previously. But I haven't ever been directed asked/offered it. And I definitely wouldn't complain if people wanted to give me money :P

Hmmm. If there are persons who do wish to donate to show their enjoyment of the mod or whatever, what's the best method for something like that? PayPal I guess?

9. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    OK, then. I will probably donate some bucks (if you give us a way to) around middle to end of september, when I get paid. Sadly, I can't donate too much (I get paid around U$S450 a month, and since this job is temporary I should not spend it all), but if more people sum up you could get your rent :)

Anyway, I'm sure I remember someone rejecting donation offers, was it Killap then?

On the method, I have no idea. I know I'd be able to donate a bit less if you use Paypal, because of the conversion rate from my national currency, which is more expensive than official.

10. JimTheDinosaur

JimTheDinosaur Vault Dweller
    Modder

Mar 17, 2013
    Haven't played it yet, but if it'll get you working on the conversion sooner, I'll chip in 8-). Seriously, I can tell that you've probably already spent more time working on FO1 than any of the developers who've actually made the game (for those who think I'm joking, go back and read some of Sduibek's posts; the guy has an attention to detail that scares me sometimes, and definitely scared Tim Cain). It'd be a shame if you'd see zilch for it in return, especially given your money woes.

11. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I never outright refused, but I certainly just passed over the offers. Still, over the years I did receive 2 copies of F2 (GoG and Steam), another Steam game, and some money from one individual. I've never setup a paypal or similar system for donations and honestly don't plan to. It's always about giving back in my eyes. But, there is no harm in putting one up, Sduibek, and if the public is generous enough, you'll surely get something. Personally, I'm just waiting to cash in on all my free beers and couch stay-overs around the world. 8-)

12. SpookyNooky

Aug 28, 2013
    First regarding the donation: If any of you modding guys is here in Germany, then the beer will on me. :clap:

Second: I think I found more bugs.

1) I'm not quite sure if this my fault, but I got attacked in Junktown in the bar. I killed the guy (whoever he was). Every guard and every other person is still friendly to me, but whenever I come in sight of one from the Skulz gang (even if it is cute Sherry) they'll attack. If I fight back and kill the attackers (the Skulz gang) then everyone in Junktown attacks on sight, even all guards and Killian. Seems kinda wrong to me.

2) It is now possible to have multiple medical surgeries (pleonasm?) at BoS. The 2nd one however is more expensive than the 1st. But when I left BoS for a short trip to the Hub and came back a little later, the 2nd surgieres were as cheap as the 1st ones, like the price was reset. Is this intentional? Seems wrong to me. When I then did the 2nd surgery (for the 1st price) for one stat, the 3rd surgery was then on the price level of the 2nd.

3) This is no bug I guess, but was there something changed regarding the experience points gained when killing men and women? I killed some of the Skulz gang in Junkttown and some additional people and they give XP like 45 or 65 or 150. Is this variety present in the vanilla Fallout?

13. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    You can have my couch if you visit Melbourne Australia, (the worlds most livable city, 2 years running). :P

14. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    I'd like to donate some bucks to show my support to this project and I think Paypal would be a good way to accept donations.

I'd even recommend to inform the user about the possibility of donations in the next FIXT installer, with link to your Paypal page.

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I am very close to finishing the next version. I have completed work on the 50+ things that needed to be modified to support "Fixes Only", and now I'm just making sure everything exists properly in the installer. I should be able to release it today.

16. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Killap and Sduibek,

Free beers and couch in Tacoma, WA for you both as well.

17. SpookyNooky

Aug 28, 2013
    Will the things mentioned above be fixed in the next alpha version?

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    #2 is already fixed in my files, I think #3 is how it's always been because I made very few changes, if any, to exp earned from kills. Not sure about #1, I'll have to look into that. Sounds like a bug. Realistically it probably won't make it into this release though. I'm really pushing to get it out, now that I'm so close.

19. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    No release tonight guys, sorry. Moving between units in our building took longer than expected. Tomorrow :)

20. Elitech

Elitech Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2008
    Take your time m8.