Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

I had a doubt but I just finished the game with Fixt and yes, the cathedral/military base order are still flipped in the mutants ending.
It's basically the same ending anyway. As far as I know, there is no difference in doing the order you prefer, just a few dialogs of secondary npc like Rutger, if you even stop to speak to them at that point.

It seems that if you go to the military base first, you can spy a conversation between the Lieutenant and the Master, through some envoy. Also, you can gather some items that can help you agains't the Master.

On the other hand, if you go for the Master first and mention the sterility issue, he can send a call to his scientists at the military base to confirm if it is true and they will deny it (they know and lie to him).

But those are minor dialogs. It doesn't change the shape of the wasteland.

Last edited:
It seems that if you go to the military base first, you can spy a conversation between the Lieutenant and the Master, through some envoy. Also, you can gather some items that can help you agains't the Master.

On the other hand, if you go for the Master first and mention the sterility issue, he can send a call to his scientists at the military base to confirm if it is true and they will deny it (they know and lie to him).

But those are minor dialogs. It doesn't change the shape of the wasteland.

So I have a different question. Can I convince the Master of mutant sterility if the base is already destroyed? Does that even make sense? Any effects there?

So I know I've asked this before but it's still driving me nuts...
Does the fixt implement some kind of frame buffer or vsync?
I swear the mouse movement after you apply the patch feels sluggish (exactly like it does with vsync on on many other games) but only in-game (not on the menus/options/character creation).
If it does, can it be disabled?

EDIT - FINALLY FIXED IT!
Disabling the variable FLICKERING_SCREEN_FIX in f1_res.ini did the trick.

Now if I can just increase the number of simultaneous sound channels I'll be set...

Last edited:
I checked on Drobovic's database and the Fallout mods wikia.

They mention two other mods that seemingly have the same goal as FIXT.

The Update Mod restores cut content. The Restoration Mod seems to be a continuation of the Update mod. And the FIXT is said to integrate some, but not ALL the content of Restoration Mod. But it seems that everything mentioned in Update Mod and Restoration Mod are in the FIXT.

What is the situation now. Does FIXT makes the other two obsoletes ? Or do they have contents that the FIXT does not have ? Wondering if there is any point to advertize the other two...

Here are the wikia links :

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Update_Mod
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Restoration_Mod
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Fixt

Just dropped in to say I am glad the mod is not dead, same with Sduibek. I thought I heard a rumor that he died in a car crash while moving. Hope to see an update to this soon.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this mod. I completed the game with a few bugs:

Inventory button kept turning into a black square, and trying to save resulted in a corrupted save file.
Followers sometimes disappear, and some of my save files had images where you could see a follower, but they were not there when loading.
Dynamite and C4 somtimes cause the game to crash with an uncaught memory exception, likely a NULL pointer dereference.
Background music repeat is bugged which causes looping at the wrong offset.

I had to keep multiple saves and backups, and restart occasionally however it was worth it for what this mod brings to FO1 having only ever experienced vanilla with engine fixes.

Hopefully this mod will be updated to fix some of the bugs one day. Thanks.

I have an issue, I am using 0.81 Alpha - Full Version, running Windows 10, 64 bit and I have no savegame file yet because my issue is on the main menu. I have tested this a few times via deleting all game files, copying the backup, then verifying files on Steam to make sure vanilla is restored completely, then rerunning Fixt again to reinstall.

My issue is with the Colors I think, default is 16 Bit, and when I change to 32 Bit, when I go to the main menu I am stuck on the main menu. I am able to click on all the options (Intro, New Game, Load Game, Options, Credits, and Exit) but only Credits and Exit are responsive. I can click on Options and get Game Preferences and Screen Settings, but they do nothing. When I click on New/Load Game, it acts as if it wants to do something, but after a short black screen that fades to a white screen it just goes directly back to the Main Menu.

I tried messing with the F1 res Config exe and both of the ini's (F1 and High Def) but nothing was responsive. I have no clue if anyone is even working on this mod anymore, but being there's a forum I figured I would post this. I truly appreciate all the hard work modders do to this (and all) games and post it for free for us to enjoy.

EDIT:
After closing game, then restarting I get this same issue again without touching Colors. All I changed was to make it Windowed and 2x to make it bigger as I have bad eyesight. I also changed some game settings but I think my issue is with screen settings.

2nd EDIT:
It appears that the game plays fine as long as I play after reinstalling the mod - which means I have to delete/verify/reinstall before every time I play - I wish the save file was located somewhere else than in the main folder. I really wish I knew how to fix this issue because it is a pain in the ass. I have to play in windowed mode because I am always using my 2nd monitor for something, I assume full screen works correctly.

Last edited:
I just checked and confirmed both 800x600 16-bit DirectDraw 7 and 1920x1080 32-bit 60 Hz DirectX 9 modes selected with f1_res_config.exe work for me without any colour corruption, however I have experienced the same issue you have detailed with Killap's RP and it was caused by one of the video rendering modes in Sfall. I don't have this problem anymore so it was either fixed in a newer version of Sfall (there is a much newer version available ie 4.0.7 on GitHub) or it was fixed in the GPU driver by NVIDIA. Are you using AMD?

Looking at the ddraw.ini for Sfall there is a comment the Graphics section which states "IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO CHANGE "MODE" FROM 0 (8 bit), USE F1_RES INSTEAD; CHANGING MODE HERE MAY RESULT IN CRASHES IF USING F1_RES". I didn't notice any increase in visual fidelity when increasing the colour bit depth from 16-bit to 32-bit so I would keep it as 16-bit. I think the only setting you should change is the Output Mode from DirectDraw 7 to DirectX 9. Have you tried updating to the latest GPU driver cleanly, by removing the leftovers with DDU?

Is there a way to update the Fixt mod to a later version of Sfall? I really want the XPtable feature that currently works in FO2 Sfall, but I guess it needs a more updated version to be impletmented? Also is there any possible way to change how derived stats are calculated, or is that one of those hardcoded things that cannot be changed? Glad to see Sduibek is back.

Hi) Is there anywhere manual installation version of this mod for people who wanna play on android?

You must install the game on PC than install the mod on PC and than copy over/overwrite your Game folder on android.

If You use ExaGear it's straightfoward copy paste via usb cable however if you use dosbox additional software is required to put the game files into hard drive image with win 98 where Fallout files are located.

@Battlefieldisfun
AFAIK newest Crafty's Sfall1 still does not support xp tabels so good luck Bugging Crafty asking wether he adds those in.

Last edited:
Been translating Fixt into Russian, found some typos/mistakes (some might be intentional).

If you haven't seen it already, you should check out the GitHub repository for translators (there are currently two russian translations that have been cleaned and formatted to work with Fixt (it's a mix of the original russian lines that didn't change and the new ones in english): https://github.com/Sduibek/fixtlang

You must install the game on PC than install the mod on PC and than copy over/overwrite your Game folder on android.

If You use ExaGear it's straightfoward copy paste via usb cable however if you use dosbox additional software is required to put the game files into hard drive image with win 98 where Fallout files are located.

@Battlefieldisfun

Thanks for your reply))... However I wouldnt be asking if I had PC to begin with. Crap happened about year ago and I still cant buy new one)).

Thanks for your reply))... However I wouldnt be asking if I had PC to begin with. Crap happened about year ago and I still cant buy new one)).

If You can't afford a PC maybe try an x86 windows 10 bay trail tablet (search on auctions such as ebay. cheapest ones should be below 100 USD (aim for min. 2GB ram, 32 built in flash memory + microsd support 64GB or more). classic Fallout runs well on those out of the box. Newer crapware such as Fo3 or Fo:NV might too if you set low details and follow instructions how to run them on modern systems {Fo3 has a tendendy not to work out of the box on win 7 8.1 and 10} If You Live in US You shouldn't have problems getting one of theese tablets cheaply (be sure to install everything [incliding Fallout games] on the microsd card. If running newer games make sure You've got high end microsd with 100MB/s read 90MB/s write speeds and set it to buffer data under device manager and it should run fine). as for Fo4 and newer games simply forget about it not worth the hassle + not possible to run on x86. It requires x64 plus a minimum of 8GB prices for theese among tablets go high.
it really desn't take much of a PC to run old Fallout games.

Basically any Garbage PC would do just fine, as long as it is a PC, not some motherboaed from a washing machine:p

Basically any Garbage PC would do just fine, as long as it is a PC, not some motherboaed from a washing machine:p
I can confirm this.
My specs are: Windows 7. AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor 2,80 Ghz with NVIDIA GeForce 7025/NVIDIA nForce 630a, 2,00 RAM (only 1,75 usable, don't know what the missing 0,25 are doing, but it can't be anything good) and a 32-bit system.
and it runs all Fallout games fine, only RP Mod has some stuttering problems (especially on the EPA), but Resurrection and Nevada run fine. And it did cost 400 bucks 8 years ago and that included a monitor back then. Not sure if that is a wise investment, but if all you need is a complicated typewriter with emotional issues and a way to play Fallout, it will do just fine. Just as gustarballs1983 says.

I can confirm this.
My specs are: Windows 7. AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor 2,80 Ghz with NVIDIA GeForce 7025/NVIDIA nForce 630a, 2,00 RAM (only 1,75 usable, don't know what the missing 0,25 are doing, but it can't be anything good) and a 32-bit system.
and it runs all Fallout games fine, only RP Mod has some stuttering problems (especially on the EPA), but Resurrection and Nevada run fine. And it did cost 400 bucks 8 years ago and that included a monitor back then. Not sure if that is a wise investment, but if all you need is a complicated typewriter with emotional issues and a way to play Fallout, it will do just fine. Just as gustarballs1983 says.

Man I'd check if You have onboard GPU enabled on that mobo and turn it off in UEFI/BIOS it possibly ate 258MB of your ram just to sit and do nothing since You use a NVIDIA card, Besides I'd stay clear from MoBos with nForce chipsets as they tend to have a lot of issues especially when running AMD GPU.
As 4 me I also use outdated hardware only recently bought a better GPU to check out Fo4 (well at least I don't regret the GPU purchase since Fo4 was wasted money).

got 8Gigs of ram on a Core2 quad procesor HDD only drive and win 7 x64 (and I also have terrible slowdowns on EPA both on Radeon HD4850 and later on Radeon R9 390X).

However this is getting off topic people.. this thread is about FIXT for Fo1 so conversate about FIXT..

Back