Fallout is now a fighting game!

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontoReign, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2008
    Back to Tactics: while I like it, I could understand if there were people at the time who felt that it kind of muddied the water as to what Fallout was supposed to be. I mean, apparently some people even felt Fallout 2 was too goofy? So I have to wonder how they felt about the Brotherhood recruiting R. Lee Ermey, and burning rubber around the wasteland fighting evil. Sounds pretty tame these days, but still....

2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Happy Family Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    So we are making a Fallout fighting game like when I was in fourth grade thinking up designs for Mortal Kombat 8. Aliens pick up various people in the Fallout universe at different points in history. They then put them in a tournament to fight for their amusement. If they do not fight they die. Who would be in this tournament?

The Vault Dweller with Dogmeat.
    The Chosen One. He would be a tribal with that fucked up power armor helmet on.
    Mr House in a robot body.
    Cassidy with his heart attacks.
    Gizmo sitting in a chair.
    Harold that can turn into a giant tree monster.
    Marcus with his minigun.
    Joshua Graham still on fire.
    Frank Horrigan being badass.
    Ian with his uzi.
    Talking hairy Deathclaw.

This guy.
    The Master with Psyker powers.
    A giant Cazadore.
    Your mom.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. KingArthur

KingArthur Don’t ya just hate it?

Jun 25, 2018
    Gizmo in his chair would be brilliant.

4. SquidVan

SquidVan Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin

Jun 1, 2018
    Please add Joshua Graham on that list but while he was on fire still.

5. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    I was going to but I just stopped adding names because you could keep adding them. Added now.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    Now Fallout Fighting Game will have it's own character that shows up like 5 games later and somehow ends the world or something

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Originally his name was Torch but they had to rename him to Blaze due to copyright when they finally used him. He is even in MK11 in the background. Mortal Kombat has better lore than Street Fighter.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    Mortal Kombat, to me, has always been a crazy kung-fu B-movie about a tournament. I've always appreciated how wild it gets.

Oh yeah your favorite fighter is dead? So is like 80% of the roster but we're resurrecting them. This time Liu Kang is a zombie though. Oh this time Quan Chi resurrected them and then they somehow broke his control. Like whatever they'll figure it out lmfao.

9. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Half-way Through My Half-life

Nov 26, 2007
    Lots of Mortal Kombat fans in here... but everything you need for a Fallout Fighting game is already templated in Killer Instinct. The Flaming Guy, Tribal, Deathclaw, Robot/Master, Ghoul, Dogmeat, Vault Dweller, The Masticator, The Shi, Supermutant; even a VATS dipping scene in the very end.

Harold —if he must be a tree— should fight like Glacius, but with tree effects, rather than ice...and a bouncing acorn attack.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  10. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2008
    Oh man, I miss that game.

I think Harold should fight by telling long, rambling stories.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    Killer Instinct is my second go to for arcades. I'm not good at fighting games, I just want them to be/look fucking cool.