Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Do you have an idea for my issue please ? I reinstalled the latest version (2.0.3.3) - in English - over a steam installation of Fallout 2 (but in a dedicated slot), and if I launch classic F2 it works normally, but if I launch Fallout Nevada from its directory, in HD (or not), I get the cinematics in English, and then the screen goes black, with music nevertheless, but the menu doesn't appear.

Last edited:
Do you have an idea for my issue please ? I reinstalled the latest version (2.0.3.3) - in English - over a steam installation of Fallout 2 (but in a dedicated slot), and if I launch classic F2 it works normally, but if I launch Fallout Nevada from its directory, in HD (or not), I get the cinematics in English, and then the screen goes black, with music nevertheless, but the menu doesn't appear.
Check the installation path where the mod is installed. ..steam\Fallout 2\Nevada or ..steam\Fallout 2? If the second option is used, then delete falout2.cfg. If this doesn't work, then write and we'll figure it out.

Check the installation path where the mod is installed. ..steam\Fallout 2\Nevada or ..steam\Fallout 2? If the second option is used, then delete falout2.cfg. If this doesn't work, then write and we'll figure it out.

Thanks. I've copied the Fallout 2 directory on an other disk, so the installation path is something like :
G:\Game\Fallout 2\Fallout Nevada

And last time I've installed the game (but with a previous version of the mod, or maybe with Crazy Nevada, I don't remember) I've done exactly the same thing and it worked fine. I've tried to watch the full intro, in case the issue was linked to skipping it, but same things, after the intro, the ambiant music keep playing and the screen with the menu isn't loading.

Thanks. I've copied the Fallout 2 directory on an other disk, so the installation path is something like :
G:\Game\Fallout 2\Fallout Nevada

And last time I've installed the game (but with a previous version of the mod, or maybe with Crazy Nevada, I don't remember) I've done exactly the same thing and it worked fine. I've tried to watch the full intro, in case the issue was linked to skipping it, but same things, after the intro, the ambiant music keep playing and the screen with the menu isn't loading.
1. Need a clean version of Fallout 2 (no Crazy, Fixed, etc.)
2. Use the installation method from the header (first post).
Usually, a black screen indicates an incorrect installation (wrong path).
3. Read the FAQ file (in the folder with the mod), the keyword "music".
Q: I have a black screen on Win 7/8/10/11 / does not turn around / slows down a lot or frequent crashes.
A: In f2_res_Config.exe (located in the folder with the game) try another graphics mode Basic/Direct Draw 7/DirectX 9 or color bitness 8/16/32.
Q: If you have a mode and terrible brakes: FullHD and DirectX9
A: Try disabling VSync (Vertical Synchronization) in the system settings.
Q: When starting the game\mod, only the black screen and music is playing. What should I do?
A: It is very likely that the installation path to the game is incorrect, i.e. the mod is installed in the wrong place. Hence the black screen \crash\error message or no part of the characters. If you are sure that this is not your case, then:
About: Run f2_res_Config.exe and change the screen resolution. For example, 800*600.
A: Replace the sfall version (ddraw.dll ), to an earlier or newer one (for experienced ones).
A: Replace sfall with an alternative one (if this is acceptable).
A: Try the above option.
4. Open the dont_use folder and take files from the sfall_e folder.

1. Need a clean version of Fallout 2 (no Crazy, Fixed, etc.)
2. Use the installation method from the header (first post).
Usually, a black screen indicates an incorrect installation (wrong path).
3. Read the FAQ file (in the folder with the mod), the keyword "music".
Q: I have a black screen on Win 7/8/10/11 / does not turn around / slows down a lot or frequent crashes.
A: In f2_res_Config.exe (located in the folder with the game) try another graphics mode Basic/Direct Draw 7/DirectX 9 or color bitness 8/16/32.
Q: If you have a mode and terrible brakes: FullHD and DirectX9
A: Try disabling VSync (Vertical Synchronization) in the system settings.
Q: When starting the game\mod, only the black screen and music is playing. What should I do?
A: It is very likely that the installation path to the game is incorrect, i.e. the mod is installed in the wrong place. Hence the black screen \crash\error message or no part of the characters. If you are sure that this is not your case, then:
About: Run f2_res_Config.exe and change the screen resolution. For example, 800*600.
A: Replace the sfall version (ddraw.dll ), to an earlier or newer one (for experienced ones).
A: Replace sfall with an alternative one (if this is acceptable).
A: Try the above option.
4. Open the dont_use folder and take files from the sfall_e folder.

Thank you for your help, just found the issue. I'm so stupide.
Installation method:
I - SubFolder
1. Install Fallout 2, example C:\Games\Fallout 2
2. Install Nevada to C:\Games\Fallout 2\Nevada
3. Start Nevada from desktop icon.
or
II - main folder:
1. Install Fallout 2, example C:\Games\Fallout 2
2. Install Nevada to C:\Games\Fallout 2
3. Chech "Root directory mode"
4. Start Nevada from desktop icon.

I've done the first method, but I've checked the "root directory mode"
Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks again for the help.

And now I've a new question, I've installed F12se (included with Nevada) (with the right config "config.ctg" and "NevadaHD.exe") and I was trying to use it. I can open the savegame, but if I change anything, when trying to save the change I get the following message :
upload_2024-2-11_14-0-25.png

Any idea about the cause of this issue please ?

Any idea about the cause of this issue please ?
1. There is a screenshot with the settings in the folder with F12se.
2. F12se - does not guarantee operability, after changes. This is written in the ReadMe for F12se. They need to be used carefully. There are situations when, after editing a save, the game turned on and worked, but when it reached a certain event, something went wrong and the game broke down.
I highly recommend not creating "super-ten-man" by changing special or adding items unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
1. There is a screenshot with the settings in the folder with F12se.
2. F12se - does not guarantee operability, after changes. This is written in the ReadMe for F12se. They need to be used carefully. There are situations when, after editing a save, the game turned on and worked, but when it reached a certain event, something went wrong and the game broke down.
I highly recommend not creating "super-ten-man" by changing special or adding items unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks and I've configured exactly F12se like in the screen, wasn't trying to create "super-ten-man" (as an old player of Fallout, I played the first one at the very beginning of 1999 when it was released with a boxed set that also included Baldur's Gate, and I still have the reflex (if I want to play a super ten man) to do it via a hexadecimal editor like in the old days) But I realized after I'd started that I'd created a "light weapon" build, whereas for this run I'd rather play an "energy weapon", so I wanted to reverse the skills.

Anyway thanks for your answer.
It's strange however, I've never had this issue with F12se when playing Crazy Nevada with my last run.

Anyway thanks for your answer.
It's strange however, I've never had this issue with F12se when playing Crazy Nevada with my last run.
There may be various nuances, I find it difficult to answer.
But changing a skill shouldn't be a problem with crash.

There may be various nuances, I find it difficult to answer.
But changing a skill shouldn't be a problem with crash.

No crash maybe, but I'm not even able to try it, as F12se doesn't late me save the change on the savegame, each time I've the same message about "the size of the data is not equal to the size in memory" But I've started a new game with the right skill, I've only played 3 hours before I realized my mistake, so it's frustrating but not too bad.

How can I repair the torn leather jacket?

I'm around the Reno area and still havent found any workbenches, but found lots of broken weapon and armor. Any hint where I might get lucky?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly there's a work bench at the railway station in new Reno. But don't quote me on that.

found the thing I'm doing wrong... This table here is the workbench, and the room the right is just the plain old container 'workbench'
upload_2024-4-19_18-42-49.png

Hi,

What about with this version?

Fallout: Nevada (Expansion Version) 3.0

[mod] Installed sFall v.5.0.4 (by Mr.Stalin).
[mod]Inventory filter v.2.1.1 (by Mr.Stalin) has been installed.
[mod] Installed "Key Mod by Foxx" (F5 - quick save, F9 - quick load).
[mod]You can give Wesker the form and the disk or just one thing.
[mod]Some money has been added to sellers.
[mod] Installed partners mod v.1.1 (by Foxx):
> partners are now disconnected when the GG participates in fights in the ring and in a fight with Mike.
> edited characteristics for partners.

[fix]Fixed a bug with Stapleton in the SLS; upon inspection, his reputation in the city increased.
[fix] An adjustment has been made to the tagged skill “Hacking” with the bonus for the status “Bughunter”.
[fix]Fixed dealer girls, it was impossible to talk during inspection.
[fix]Fixed a script error in the description of the boy at the Cotton Club (Reno).
[fix]Robin's mom in SLS doesn't call him Robert anymore.
[fix]Fixed two duplicate lines for Norman (Vegas).
[fix]Fixed the cut-scene when redeeming Norman's receipt from David (Vegas).
[fix]Fixed the “Victims of the Apocalypse” and “Lynching” encounters.
[fix]Fixed a bug in increasing reputation in the Gate (Rino) script.
[fix]When treating Tony with a nut solution, the script referenced another item (Uranus City).
[fix]Fixed the logic in Tibbetts' script; when apologizing, he still left a bad review (Vegas).
[fix]In the dialogue with Farber about pizza, an adjustment has been made to the character’s gender (Vegas).
[fix]Stagecoaches are brought to Jerlak, previously they were brought to Black Rock.
[fix]Rats and ants are displayed correctly in the description.

https://www.nuclear-city.com/topic/...dition-by-foxx/?do=findComment&comment=121722

Any feedback on this version, or should I stick to the one in the original post?

Oh nevermind, I installed it and its all in Russian. I thought EV meant English Version but apparently it means Expansion Version.

Yo !

I have problem with investigation quest from Las Vegas mayor
I lost Vortis Receipt

1. I took it from safe when doing quest for freaks
2. Talked with Larry
3. Talked with police office in first room, told him that I have proof of freaks innocence
4. He took the receipt ?

What now ? How can i finish mayor quest ? Spawn it somehow ?

Pls halp

Back