Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Not to nitpick, but he's big Louie, as Louie Armstrong
When I saw his name it reminded me of Louis C.K. and his show Louie so I kinda subconsciously started messing it up :) Don't worry about nitpick part, I will probably nitpick more with these reports :D

On to more reports:
Minor ones.
P4qONXZ.png

zrXhEaW.png

BXR4Qks.png

8D1yYGq.png

XhMDw67.png

Don't know if this next one is done on purpose or not.
ogOwRkC.png

Lq234EK.png

There is bit of conflict when you ask Patrick (missionary guy in Vault suit) if you can help his mission in some way.
ZEzktdM.png

XSmtZmn.png
I also just noticed that he says "the message you sent me" but you found it and brought it to him, you didn't send it.

This last one is not bug or typo but a tiny bit of game mechanic oversight.
There is a homeless boy when you enter New Reno that can give you tips for 5$ and you can ask for secret.
He will tell you secret for free, if you threaten to break his fingers, without karma loss. Think you should loose bit of karma from it. You can threaten him again (even break his fingers) during some other quest and loose karma, so I think it's an oversight that you don't loose karma for this one time. You can even threaten some other kids too and loose karma.
S6VcYRw.png

uYSBhRe.png[img]
[/img]

Some moar!
S62XZnG.png

jH5ktxG.png

QuXNCYW.png

d5I7hrI.png

idzRAcf.png

g8GG80K.png

7Wjpmao.png

G5oR9ro.png

bBhvdNz.png

Mr. Bertolini asks to "create diversion" when Luciano ships food to Silver Legacy restaurant.
I was bit confused here as I though he wants me to distract trade participants so Bertolini's guys can blow up convoy or something; but when I asked him about it, it was clear that he wants me to sabotage trade deal. Think it should be changed so he asks to sabotage the deal instead of "create diversion".
MVEMNAU.png

t0Z1ZVo.png

Now some immersion recommendations that are more on scripting side:
When you do quests for Stryker and become his made man, guard dogs in his base don't become friendly to you. When you enter room they will start barking and call everybody in the building to attack you.
Think it would be nice if they are set to friendly once you join Stryker's gang so you can loot the room as an reward (lockpick set is in there :3)
o4RbZon.png

Nitpicky recommendation:
When you jail those two lovebirds in Vault City they never get out of jail and you can always ask guard what will happen to them. I came back to vault city 2 months later and they are still there and I can still ask guard what will happen to them. Would be nice and *immersive* if they are gone from jail after a month and guard no longer talks about them.
dYZPeSE.png

BUzOO02.png

I also got question. I had started one quest and then I finished other quest that made first quest impossible to finish but it did not disappear or get crossed out from Pip-Boy. Should i report unfinishable quests like that? There is probably a lot more quests that become unfinishable like that.
Quest in question is that one for Mr. Bertolini explained upstairs. When I became Stryker's made man, all other mob bosses in New Reno don't want to even talk to me anymore.

I restarted from a save before leaving SLC on the train and was able to finish the game. Thanks all for your assistance. Great mod.

I did notice that the recent version defaulted to a Cyrillic alphabet for the save slot descriptions.

If anyone could post a list of spoilers to explain all the random items (toothpaste, wetwipe, razor blades, mantis claw, LSD stamps, etc) and random encounters, I'd be grateful.

When I played Fallout Nevada I found that some of the talking heads where mismatched with the various critters, so I adjusted them to work correctly...I assume they're correct.
Fallout: Nevada (FE) fixed this bug and added new heads that were forgotten in the release.

I restarted from a save before leaving SLC on the train and was able to finish the game. Thanks all for your assistance. Great mod.

I did notice that the recent version defaulted to a Cyrillic alphabet for the save slot descriptions.

If anyone could post a list of spoilers to explain all the random items (toothpaste, wetwipe, razor blades, mantis claw, LSD stamps, etc) and random encounters, I'd be grateful.

In Silver hotel in Reno you can find a vending machine where you can return items from that company. If you return all of them you get an item that rises your Charisma.
I have a guide (in Polish), so I'll update it after I look through it. From the top of my head:
-razors in Reno slums
-bath salts in Luciano's bathroom
-soap in one of the SLC houses
-wet wipes in Battle Mountain
-towel in hotel in Vegas

If you're interested, here's a link to the guide
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fallout-corner.pl/2018/06/10/poradnik-do-fallout-nevada/amp/

Special encounters start on page 194. I'll translate them once I'm back home.

In Silver hotel in Reno you can find a vending machine where you can return items from that company. If you return all of them you get an item that rises your Charisma.
I have a guide (in Polish), so I'll update it after I look through it. From the top of my head:
-razors in Reno slums
-towel in hotel in Vegas

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fallout-corner.pl/2018/06/10/poradnik-do-fallout-nevada/amp/

I found all the items but couldn't find HOW to return them to the vending machine. I tried use on and inventory to the machine but the only log I had was "that does nothing"
I DID learn Polish and used to be really conversational but it's a bit too rusty for this really extensive walkthrough. Seems like you did one hell of a job on this. A proper English walkthrough is still missing so I guess a lot of people would really appreciate it for their replay

Last edited:
You can get a recipe from the ghoul merchant south of the map to craft Mantis BBQ which gives you some bonus. I don't remember if it gives back HP and healing rate but something like that.

Where did you find the LSD stamps?

There is an encounter with a deserted school bus. The stamps are in the crate.

-razors in Reno slums
-towel in hotel in Vegas

There is an encounter with a deserted school bus. The stamps are in the crate.

I guess character builds with strong luck is not my thing :)
did you try to use it as a drug, like buffout?

I found all the items but couldn't find HOW to return them to the vending machine. I tried use on and inventory to the machine but the only log I had was "that does nothing"
I DID learn Polish and used to be really conversational but it's a bit too rusty for this really extensive walkthrough. Seems like you did one hell of a job on this. A proper English walkthrough is still missing so I guess a lot of people would really appreciate it for their replay

You interact with the machine and return the items through dialogue window.

Also, I probably worded it pretty badly, but I didn't make the walkthrough.

Anyway, special encounters list
Special encounters:
  • Nevada Highway Patrol- ghoul with motion detector, evil character (+5 Karma for killing him). Spawns around Las Vegas.
  • Bandit and his sex slave- evil character, unique item Mantis Claw (no clue what it does) and slave collars for Machete.
  • Desperate redneck- evil character, has a unique holodisk. Spawns around Las Vegas.
  • Coyotes gang (3 different encounters)(never seen them):
  1. With 2 small deathclaws, armed with unique spears and "Flaming Kiss"
  2. 4 guys armed with unique spears, combat knife and pole
  3. 2 guys and their dead victim
  • Victims of Apocalypse- Campfire and 2 skeletons with minor loot
  • Desperate rookie- Winds of War trooper fighting against raiders. Saving him and talking with him gives WoW reputation. Spawns around Winds of War.
  • Water!- water source.
  • Hitchhiker- asks you to take him to Hard Rock in Vegas. Alternatively can be sold to Las Vegas slavers for evil karma.
  • Lynch- hanged man. You can cut him down (you get a rope) and bury him (+5 Karma and 75 Exp). Spawns around SLC.
  • One of Bloom brothers- group of bandits with guns, one with laser rifle, evil characters.
  • Body crushed by stones- you can lift the stones with 9 Strength and loot a shotgun and some minor loot (plus stones).
  • Scary silence. Ruined buildings and unlootable skeletons. Walkthrough says that you can find this encounter 13 times. One of the buildings has a basement with chest with loot depending on your Luck. Spawns around SLC.
  • Filter hunters- spawn if you have SLC filter in your inventory (Speed Hawk quest).
  • Iguana hunter- can teach you how to make iguana meal,good character (-5 Karma for killing). Spawns around starting area.
  • Legendary radscorpion- legendary radscorpion and bodies of unfortunate hunters. You loot his legendary shell. You get his location from Evan (hunter in Gerlach), but you can encounter him without doing his quests. He only spawns in one tile, 7 tiles east from VC.
  • Mr Handy- Mr Handy protecting remains of his owners' property. Has some minor loot (TV dinners, tool). Spawns between LV and SLC.
  • Hardy's caravan (never seen him)- rare weapon trader. Spawns in the south-west of the map.
  • Aliens- two aliens and a body with ammo for Alien Blaster. Spawns around Area 51.
Special locations:
  • House on wheels- family traveling in RV. Depending on your skills you can:
  1. Fix dad's weapon (Small guns 65)
  2. Steal their fuel cell regulator (Repair 50)
  3. Repair their engine (Repair 50)
  4. Diagnose the daughter (Intelligence 4 and Doctor 80).
  5. Trade every 5 canteens with water for a Stimpak.
  • Picnic side- two skeletons in middle of a green meadow. After some hallucinations you can get Traps skill book and Bloodpurifier.
  • Giant egg- giant egg, with some ants infinitely spawning nearby.
  • Crossroads- several dead bandits. You can find a ripper on one body and empty canteen on another.
  • Tanker in the desert- a tanker. You can get inside through a door on ground level. Inside you can find the only centaur in the entire Nevada with some interesting floating text. By refueling generator with tanker fuel and using a key card on console you can get to unique Gauss pistol and superstimpak.
  • Forgotten Office- Interplay office with some minor loot. Inside you can meet Feargus Urquhart and Chris Avellone, along with scorpion Spad.
  • Café "New Hope"- cut characters with some interesting dialogue. There're some special items:
  1. Homo Ludens (Outdoorsman, Gambling, Barter and Speech skill book)- held by a doctor (can be stolen or looted from his corpse).
  2. Fallout encyclopedia (+100 Exp)- held by a ghoul.
  3. Fallout Nevada soundtrack- held by a beggar (can only be looted after killing him).
  • Abandoned ranger's camp- functional radio and some minor loot. You can use radio to talk with ranger's.
  • Next- LSD bus and a chest with post stamps (no use).
  • Bobby's Hut- Bobby tells some disturbing stories. In his fireplace you can find unique tactical rocket that can pretty much kill final boss in 1 shot.
  • Giant Hole- strange hole and a corpse with bottle of shampoo and rope. Use shampoo on hole to kill it and go inside with rope. Inside you can find ultraantidote.
  • Dear John- a nuke and a corpse with Cat's Paw.

Some moar!
Should i report unfinishable quests like that? There is probably a lot more quests that become unfinishable like that.
Quest in question is that one for Mr. Bertolini explained upstairs. When I became Stryker's made man, all other mob bosses in New Reno don't want to even talk to me anymore.

Yes, this is intended.
About unfinishable quests - dunno if it's an issue that can be dealt with, but as Foxx and Pyran read this, maybe they can answer.

Talk to it. It has an option "what items do I have in inventory" or something.

About the list of items - I recall some guy in some bar will tell you about his buddy using "Radium" water from the collection.

The stamps from 'Furthur' encounter (yeah, google it) can be used in some way, actually. Try talking to drug dealers. Don't remember which ones :)

• Café "New Hope"- cut characters with some interesting dialogue. There're some special items:
  1. Homo Ludens (Outdoorsman, Gambling, Barter and Speech skill book)- held by a doctor (can be stolen or looted from his corpse).
  2. Fallout encyclopedia (+100 Exp)- held by a ghoul.
  3. Fallout Nevada soundtrack- held by a beggar (can only be looted after killing him).
Oh no, they are devs, not cut characters. And there is one more item there, which I consider the best one in all the game.
Laughed so hard when got it.

I want to do a replay of Nevada on PC (installed Bootcamp in the end). Would love to give a chance to Crazy Edition, but is it realistic or the chances for it to bug are too high. Also, where are the latest versions?

They are actually pretty busy with like 5 other projects minimum at any given time)) But they are reading this, I can assure you. I take notes anyway)

I want to do a replay of Nevada on PC (installed Bootcamp in the end). Would love to give a chance to Crazy Edition, but is it realistic or the chances for it to bug are too high. Also, where are the latest versions?

1st page of this topic has the version history, so there. In short, crazy is not supported or developed, maybe for now, maybe forever. The translation there is very outdated.

Last edited:
Back