Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

does anyone know how to peacefully obtain second stone token, that is needed for open shelter under building with caravaneers in WW ?
first could you buy from caravaneer in that building for 50 money, but the second is in locker in barracks and there you cant go ... they spot you and throw out even with light off in building and sneaking past 130% ...
You'll have to use stealth boy

does anyone know how to peacefully obtain second stone token, that is needed for open shelter under building with caravaneers in WW ?
first could you buy from caravaneer in that building for 50 money, but the second is in locker in barracks and there you cant go ... they spot you and throw out even with light off in building and sneaking past 130% ...
Use stealth boy and sneak together. Where is that shelter? Where to place stones? I cant find it....

THIS IS HEAVY SPOILER :D
on that building where you find first stone are two statues left and right of entrance - use one stone on each of them, then in room on the right side opens hole with ladder ...

It's not. Dialogue seems to reference it being there, but it isn't. I assume that's a holdover from something the developers changed.

in area51 is too mention about this kit in comp, but i think that has been long removed from game ...

Hey Snikers , can you update us on the progress of the editing process?

I'm trying to keep more than one editor working so that we have a diversity of "voices" with the English text. I'm waiting for some of them to get back to me, but we're making progress through Nevada's locations. It's going to be a while before we're done, though.

Hi, I'm stuck into main quest. The answer was on page 25, but still i can't manage to meet Jay Kukish in Hawthorne. Got two Radios and Signal Jammer, tried to use them in the right way as it was described but still no effects confirmed. Probably i missed something important or the way to make it. Anyone with the solution to he problem please answer PM or here. Maybe I'm not alone with that trouble.

Just use turn sequences. Like, start a fight, some action points to move there, then end it. Start again. And repeat all over again. All in the sneak, without running.
With pretty low sneak I was capable of getting it.

It's a basic of abusing the system in sneak actions - if they dont see at the end/start - its all fine. And while you still should avoid their look during the combat turn - its like, your natural light/sounds are ignored or less viable.

Hi, I'm stuck into main quest. The answer was on page 25, but still i can't manage to meet Jay Kukish in Hawthorne. Got two Radios and Signal Jammer, tried to use them in the right way as it was described but still no effects confirmed. Probably i missed something important or the way to make it. Anyone with the solution to he problem please answer PM or here. Maybe I'm not alone with that trouble.

answer is here:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/page-39#post-4258810

Oh a just little sugesstion:
if you dont repair turrets comp and dont release gas in Area51, the aliens respawn ... so more XP :D

Last edited:
so far i can say, Crazy Edition is far better than original 1.02 and works with english translation, only that some dialogues remain in russian ... so no big deal to make corrections to this version after finishing translation for 1.02

- much better graphics - works good with DirectX and faster GPUs, looks like that from FT
- much faster saving and loading
- some new XP rewards for using skills - speech, science etc.
- many more talking heads
- NPC dog and he dont look like dogs from F2, has own graphics, moves and talkinghead :D

so far i can say, Crazy Edition is far better than original 1.02 and works with english translation, only that some dialogues remain in russian ... so no big deal to make corrections to this version after finishing translation for 1.02

- much better graphics - works good with DirectX and faster GPUs, looks like that from FT
- much faster saving and loading
- some new XP rewards for using skills - speech, science etc.
- many more talking heads
- NPC dog and he dont look like dogs from F2, has own graphics, moves and talkinghead :D

Yes there is pretty not a single point in playing original version of the game.
For some reason Dogmeat didn't follow me at all. He just stays on that one map where you find him.
P.S
Figured it out, its because of CH 1.

Parto where are you now in your playthrough?

Last edited:
i dont know why he follows me, first just dont, then i used some jerky on him, dont help, then when i came to Uranium, that ghoul speaks some nonsense and when i came back to reno, the dog follows me as i speak to him ... so probably first you must talk to ghoul in uranium, now i m making last bertolini quest with his son, but i played retrospective, dont make small villages near VC and just went to Salt Lake and then to Las Vegas and Winds...

fallout.png

So then, is it pretty much confirmed that this Crazy edition is just better in all ways? As far as I understand from having Googled it, it has many technical enhancements, but also fine tuning, balancing and some added content here and there.

By all means, when the translations are done and released, let's have the installer made for crazy edition not regular :) Guess version 3 is latest?

Speaking of which, I am aching hard for an English installer with the translations included. It just looks like a jungle out there to figure it out how to install it all!

This Nevada buzz hit me hard, I need to scratch this fallout need. I am hyped, baby! :D

new si Nevada 3.0 CE and then update 3.2, then install english texts and last replace NCEldHgB.msg in texts, otherwise there will be crash in last quest of Bertolini

isnt very hard to make, if you know what you do :D

new si Nevada 3.0 CE and then update 3.2, then install english texts and last replace NCEldHgB.msg in texts, otherwise there will be crash in last quest of Bertolini

isnt very hard to make, if you know what you do :D

Hi, I tried following your instructions by doing steps described below:
1. Extracted Nevada f2_res.dat and MASTER.DAT using at Explorer 1.43 by Dims
2. Extracted all the translation files, replacing all appropriate files in the master.dat and f2_res.dat folders
3. Replaced NCEldHgB.msg in texts in master.dat
4. Removed the original f2_res.dat and MASTER.DAT files and put folders prepared earlier
4. Launched the game without problem however...

After doing all this the menu, UI and dialog text remained in Russian (even though I found that at least some of them where translated in the master.dat folder). The only thing that may be in English are the subtitles in the intro but they are displayed as boxes - I haven't found settings concerning the character set used.

Did I omit something or is it impossible to translate the Crazy Edition with the translation files that are available atm?

Back