Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Perhaps someone could help me. I'm a long fan of the Fallout franchise but I had no idea there were mods for it. Completely blew me away. I've seen a couple of clips on youtube of Fallout Nevada and I fancy playing it myself. I tried to download it from the link in this forum thread and my computer seems to recognize it as a virus and therefore rejects downloading it. Obviously, I'm hesitant to download a potential virus. Can someone assist me? Is there a "clean" download or can someone help me with the download?

And what kind of antivirus do you have?
I understand your concerns, but some antiviruses (for example 360ts, and some others) may react to the installer itself, because it does not have a signature or react to sfall (ddraw.dll - this file is an important part of the work of almost any mod). If in doubt, send the mod to VT for verification. Even in the installer, even unpacked.
In addition, the repositories themselves also check files for viruses, and would mark the mod as suspicious. In general, false positive response.

Last edited:
And what kind of antivirus do you have?
I understand your concerns, but some antiviruses (for example 360ts, and some others) may react to the installer itself, because it does not have a signature or react to sfall (ddraw.dll - this file is an important part of the work of almost any mod). If in doubt, send the mod to VT for verification. Even in the installer, even unpacked.
In addition, the repositories themselves also check files for viruses, and would mark the mod as suspicious. In general, false positive response.

Cheers for the response _Pyran_ I have Avast. So the download should be fine? Might just disable it temporarily and see.

Cheers for the response _Pyran_ I have Avast. So the download should be fine? Might just disable it temporarily and see.
You can add a mod to the antivirus exception. If the antivirus is configured for maximum protection, this increases the chance of false detection. If in doubt, you can run the game in the windows sandbox or in a separate sandboxie.

Last edited:
...from VT / Using 360ts, as an example, at maximum protection, it sees the trojan, but it's not there. I can send an unpacked version if in doubt.

Cheers! its downloaded fine but its in Russian...? Do I need to do something to turn it into english? I thought the link on the page 1 was the english translation...?

Actually ignore me - I installed the damn thing IN Russian... derpy me :D

Last edited:
Cheers! its downloaded fine but its in Russian...? Do I need to do something to turn it into english? I thought the link on the page 1 was the english translation...?
There are 2 languages, English should have opened automatically. When selecting components, select: "Английский язык"
_Russian, only for the system in Russian. In the next update, I will enable manual language selection._

There are 2 languages, English should have opened automatically. When selecting components, select: "Английский язык"
_Russian, only for the system in Russian. In the next update, I will enable manual language selection._

Nope, its my bad. I installed the darn thing in Russian. Works like a charm. Fantastic mod! By the way are there companions in this? Just so I know if CHA is a dump stat or not?

By the way are there companions in this? Just so I know if CHA is a dump stat or not?

No companions, but Charisma is used a bit (for example you can perform in a jazz band or work as a stripper in Reno).

You don't have to invest into it, but don't dump it completely. With a late game permanent Charisma bonus point + a combination of Mentats and a new drug you can pass all relevant checks with a base 5 if I remember correctly.

If you want to use Charisma a base of 5 should be about right as Alphons points out. I put some Nevada info in this post and here's what it says about Charisma:

Charisma
In Fallout: Nevada Charisma is used for pole dancing (women) and jazz (men), Charisma 6 is needed for pole dancing or playing jazz. Charisma also helps down in New Vegas and Salt Lake City (Investigations and Nuka Cola trading).

Fallout: Nevada a has few Charisma interactions, but other skills can be used instead. For example price of the Nuka Cola license depends on your Charisma and Barter. Signing a Cola deal depends on your Charisma but also Reputation and Barter/Speech.

There's an item (the Beauty Kit) that raises Charisma permanently.

Caramels can raise your Charisma temporarily, but will lower Intelligence. They are a post-war drug derived from mentats and anti-smoker (calms you down and makes you more confident, but loses intelligence altering properties) stuffed into caramel candy.

If you want to use Charisma a base of 5 should be about right as Alphons points out. I put some Nevada info in this post and here's what it says about Charisma:

Charisma
In Fallout: Nevada Charisma is used for pole dancing (women) and jazz (men), Charisma 6 is needed for pole dancing or playing jazz. Charisma also helps down in New Vegas and Salt Lake City (Investigations and Nuka Cola trading).

Fallout: Nevada a has few Charisma interactions, but other skills can be used instead. For example price of the Nuka Cola license depends on your Charisma and Barter. Signing a Cola deal depends on your Charisma but also Reputation and Barter/Speech.

There's an item (the Beauty Kit) that raises Charisma permanently.

Caramels can raise your Charisma temporarily, but will lower Intelligence. They are a post-war drug derived from mentats and anti-smoker (calms you down and makes you more confident, but loses intelligence altering properties) stuffed into caramel candy.

Awesome! Cheers everyone for the assist

Some day
There are 2 options.
But serving a bunch of mods at the same time is not easy.

Last edited:
Is there any version of Nevada with just an English translation and bug fixes and no extra junk? Or place where I can download these separately? The first post only has link for the repack.

@phobos2077
I think You should look up _Pyran_'s archivefor that, it's an installer version that installs like a standard Fallout2 mod ( Lexx's way, with critter and master dats to be taken from your original fo2, to avoid breaking of antypiracy law ). the mod has some "junk" as you call it but it's all optional as it comes as an english installer with customization options, i prefer it for being most up to date.

P.S.
Link to _Pyran_'s archive is in _Pyran_'s post signature ( visible underany of his posts [after log-on] )

@phobos2077
I think You should look up _Pyran_'s archivefor that, it's an installer version that installs like a standard Fallout2 mod ( Lexx's way, with critter and master dats to be taken from your original fo2, to avoid breaking of antypiracy law ). the mod has some "junk" as you call it but it's all optional as it comes as an english installer with customization options, i prefer it for being most up to date.

This "archive" is a repack, it's the same file as in the first post. It contains the mod itself, translation, bug fixes (presumably) as well as some mods and "Sfall Extended". I'd prefer just the content from Nevada Band with fixes. I guess I can just run the installer and then copy stuff I actually need. I just came to expect these patches to exist separately, so people like me who want to understand what they're installing, could download them. It's very unusual for mod scene to have repacks as a main mod distribution method.

Back