Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer

Tagaziel said:
I like it. Anyone who judges the game at this point is a MORON.
Jeez mikael, calm down. You don't have to insult people if they have a different opinion than yours.

I don't have the bandwidth for the trailer, but from the screenshots I've seen so far:

Low res textures are making my eyes bleed.

Vegas looks way too civilized. Somehow In my mind PA entertainment should not include dudes in suits dancing. More like gladiatorial fights and naked slave girls.

Them rockets are way too cartoonish.

Character models are doll-like and stiff looking (don't know about animations, I only saw the stills).

aenemic said:
don't diss it before you play it. the writing in AP is on a completely different level than Bethesda could ever hope to achieve. in fact, AP is one of the best games I've ever played when it comes to dialogue and character depth. rarely do I get so attached to characters in a game, even the ones you only see for a few minutes.

but as has been stated, the two games don't even have the same writers so the comparison is moot.

Perhaps the writing is better than Bethesda's but that's not such a difficult goal to achieve..
I can't make a decision based on watching people play the game, on reading reviews and other players experiences?

I don't have to go to Detroit to know that it smells.

but you cant complain about the writting either then. If you disslike the gameplay thats acceptable and I think one get a pretty good impression from the gameplay by just watching videos or youtube links.

Thing is I think one can thrust BN when he talks about the writting in Aalpha P

DexterMorgan said:
Vegas looks way too civilized. Somehow In my mind PA entertainment should not include dudes in suits dancing. More like gladiatorial fights and naked slave girls.
Like bartertown in Mad Max III. Heh. Yeah that would be neat. But maybe we will see such (similar) kind of places in Vegas.

Crni Vuk said:
DexterMorgan said:
Like bartertown in Mad Max III. Heh. Yeah that would be neat. But maybe we will see such (similar) kind of places in Vegas.

There will always be Mutants Rising if New Vegas fails epically.

I wish someone would get a team of 10 or 20 people together and do that for F3 as well. I would not care if it takes 2-3 years even.

I'm watching the hi-res press version of the trailer and it looks much better than the flash versions. Except for the animations, of course...

Saw it, nabbed it, uploaded it to NMA's youtube.

No real difference between the "press" version and flash version obviously, tho the HD allows for more details. I'm uploading the HD version to Atomic Gamer, the SD is generally available the 230-MB version here.

I'll check up a newspost once the upload is done I guess.

I keep hearing about crucifixion of some sort, but I've now watched the trailer many times and I can't see any crucifixion anywhere ini t. Can somebody please take screens or tell me at what point exactly it shows up?

Here as example:

In the scene with the Legion camp, you can see some cross build up in the background as well:

Expresate said:
Personally, I'm going to wait until I play it to form a concrete opinion.

So you plan on spending your money to play a game about which you do not have a concrete opinion?

:facepalm:

The chance of a gameplay demo at this point, is close to nil, and you aren't going to get anything other than video trailers and mag/site reviews on which to form your opinions.

We've heard this exact sentiment before, all through the run-up to Fallout 3, where people took it upon themselves to repeatedly post the obvious non-point that "it might be different from what the trailers show", as if this is a valid reason to ignore what we can see with our own eyes and what they've chosen to highlight of the game in the trailers.

Sadly, FO3 was worse than the trailers showed right out of the box, and worse than a lot of people suspected as a game, and then they did their best to completely destroy it as a coherent game with some of the least setting appropriate material that they could think of to sell as DLC.

Did you miss out on mothership zeta? Should we have played that first to develop the opinion that it was complete garbage and had nothing to do with fallout and that it shat upon the most central theme of the entire franchise?

Nobody who was capable of coherent thought should have needed to play THAT to figure out what it was about since we already had a way to test the gameplay mechanics (play fo3) and we had seen the new thematic elements they decided to introduce (stupid aliens and shiny spaceships which we saw in the pre-release info).

It's the same with NV. If you aren't sure how the gameplay mechanics will feel 99% of the time, go play fo3. and you'll get it.
If you want to form an opinion about the setting change, or some new gun that they've introduced watch the trailer.

That's about all the trailers have been anyway... Highlight reels of new guns and splosions and pretty scenery that supposedly represents the setting.

You don't need to "pay your money and play before you have a thought" and you really don't need to go around telling others that doing so is a better idea than looking at what's available for free and making an informed decision based on that info.

Lexx said:
Here as example:

In the scene with the Legion camp, you can see some cross build up in the background as well:

Thanks Lexx, thats awesome. Interesting to see, I'm going to go back and watch the trailer again to see if I can spot it this time.

Looks pretty interesting to me though, Caesar's Legion always interested me even from Van Buren.

Hmm that Legion outfit the player is wearing has T-45 arm armour on one side.
Hopefully that's the only power armour we see.

Alphadrop said:
Hmm that Legion outfit the player is wearing has T-45 arm armour on one side.
Hopefully that's the only power armour we see.

now that you mention it, we so far haven't seen any power armor in any of the screenshots or videos. that is rather surprising, but a very good thing imo. I'm willing to bet there will be power armor in the game however, but it might be a lot more rare. BoS is confirmed to be in the game and I highly doubt they'll be completely without their symbolic armor (sad but true).

I don't mind power armor in the game as long as it's hard to find and costly to maintain.

I hope Obsidian put a factory in that the BoS made that produces power armor every 24 hours just to piss you guys off!

Jet1337 said:
I know! I bet that's the reason why Fallout 3 sold more than Fallout 1 and 2 combined!

You bet! now if only they'd give you a gun that would let you shoot nukes. Wait, that isn't enough, it needs to be a cluster nuke bomb.

Back