Fallout: New Vegas E3 Trailer

verevoof said:
There was one small scene where the player was using iron sights. It was probably a second long.

yes on the grenade launcher and on the pistol but for the pistol the sights are not aligned at all, maybe when fast shooting there is not enough time for the sights to realign properly due to the recoil...
Lets wait for some other video :mrgreen:

At least I got to see a nightkin.
Hope there will be more than mindless "toff" cannon fodder.
I also hope for a .223

Lazlo said:
I'm staying optimistic, I still think it'll be a good game but the more footage I see the closer I think it'll be to F3.

One big thing that bugs me is the landscape in some of the screenshots - parts of it just look like the Capital Wasteland. Same big grey rocky outcrops everywhere, matched with similarly grey ground, all with that lovely sickly green tinge. Maybe some of the footage is out of date, at least I hope so. I would've thought Obisidian would at least have the courtesy to mess with the colours so we can at least pretend we're in a different part of the country.

I like the landscape in this shot. It just looks very different from anything in FO3, much warmer and more like what I would associate with the first two games.

Edit: Also, I think this Nightkin's new face and skin is infinitely better than the SMs from FO3. I also quite like their 'monk's habit' clothing - it seems like a cool reference to the special religious importance they had within the Children of the Cathedral.

I like how in that shot they are using homemade tents instead of military tents THAT HAVE STOOD FOR TWO CENTURIES WITHOUT DECAYING.

I have only endured two hours of F3 at a friends place, the little hope I had for FNV faded away after seeing the stupid mutants etc. showed earlier and after seeing this I now know I will never play this game. This "looks" absolutely horrible/ empty / generic.

RIP Fallout

OakTable said:
I like how in that shot they are using homemade tents instead of military tents THAT HAVE STOOD FOR TWO CENTURIES WITHOUT DECAYING.

Surely you mean two centuries without decaying with a perfectly usable computer inside that has no means of power.
:V

While this trailer is little besides PEW PEW KABOOM ACTION, I'm not put off because that's what trailers typically are. They're equivalent to soundbites; meant to make an impression and sell you something with the minimal amount of time required. It's quite different than, say, a video showcasing the first ten minutes of gameplay.

Anyways, I've got pretty neutral feelings toward it. It had shown some things I like (the overall look of a lot of things, primarily) and some things I dislike (the typical failings of Beth's Gamebryo - clunky animations, for instance). I'm reserving judgment for in-depth gameplay footage and some actual reviews of the finished product.

Well I pre-ordered it today while buying something else off of steam that I wanted.

I really got a good feeling just from the environments they have built.

verevoof said:
There was one small scene where the player was using iron sights. It was probably a second long.
oh yeah..i saw that part later.a little more wouldn't help bring in the fps buyers though.

Merchant's Skeleton said:
Lazlo said:
I'm staying optimistic, I still think it'll be a good game but the more footage I see the closer I think it'll be to F3.

One big thing that bugs me is the landscape in some of the screenshots - parts of it just look like the Capital Wasteland. Same big grey rocky outcrops everywhere, matched with similarly grey ground, all with that lovely sickly green tinge. Maybe some of the footage is out of date, at least I hope so. I would've thought Obisidian would at least have the courtesy to mess with the colours so we can at least pretend we're in a different part of the country.

I like the landscape in this shot. It just looks very different from anything in FO3, much warmer and more like what I would associate with the first two games.

Edit: Also, I think this Nightkin's new face and skin is infinitely better than the SMs from FO3. I also quite like their 'monk's habit' clothing - it seems like a cool reference to the special religious importance they had within the Children of the Cathedral.
the landscape ,the whole scene kinda pop .the graphics seem like they were tweaked there. :D

PainlessDocM said:
I have only endured two hours of F3 at a friends place, the little hope I had for FNV faded away after seeing the stupid mutants etc. showed earlier and after seeing this I now know I will never play this game. This "looks" absolutely horrible/ empty / generic.

RIP Fallout

Me too :rip:

this is interesting:
beztytuuulo.png

looks like a minotaur

It's the new big horner creature. Looks pretty strong and not like a pussy, which is good. In Fallout 3, every creature was a pussy, except the totally overdone behemoths.

to be honest I really hope this game is ULTRA SILLY like Fallout 2 but more so. I think that's what made the second one so much fun. Anyway the game looks good and I had fun playing F3, not so much as 1 and 2, but I think this one will be a much more Fallouty experience.

Wooden houses!!! YAY!

That totally changed it for me: I'm definitely buying New Vegas! Thank you so much Microsoft!!

Morbus said:
Wooden houses!!! YAY!

That totally changed it for me: I'm definitely buying New Vegas! Thank you so much Microsoft!!
What in the fuck does Microsoft have to do with Fallout: New Vegas?

I'm curious about the adornments on that Eyebot. Seems to be suggesting it's traveled a long way.

Then some jerk comes along and shoots it down for NO REASON.

EDIT: I'd love an Eyebot companion. Or some other metal pal who's fun to be with. The robot dogs in F2 where the only companions I really used.

That's what you do in Fallout 3. You shoot stuff for no reason.

Back