Fallout: New Vegas first review

Even if he did play it, his opinion means nothing to me, as is the case with all people of limited consciousness.

It's amusing how everybody here is discussing a bad review completely ignoring Pete Hines podcast that is linked in the initial post as well. And there is some interesting info there. Like it is stated (for a first time I believe) that low intelligence PCs in FNV will have special dumb dialogs just like in F1/2. And that was not in F3 if I'm correct. So again kudos to "Obsidian".

[offtopic]Mass Effect 2 is awesome.[/offtopic]

KlimatNV said:
It's amusing how everybody here is discussing a bad review completely ignoring Pete Hines podcast that is linked in the initial post as well. And there is some interesting info there. Like it is stated (for a first time I believe) that low intelligence PCs in FNV will have special dumb dialogs just like in F1/2. And that was not in F3 if I'm correct. So again kudos to "Obsidian".
I have no inclination to listen to an hour or so of marketing speech so there's no chance I would ever listen to a Pete Hines interview. Thanks for pulling that nugget though.

KlimatNV said:

this is old, old, old news. so no...it's not really amusing at all that nobody is commenting on this.

jagermeistr said:
Caught this in the comments section:

Obsidian Enertainment

This website did NOT receive a review copy of the game, and I can reassure you this website has not played the full version of this game. It is merely a pre-judged opinion of previously seen footage and should not, at ANY COST, be taken seriously as an ACTUAL REVIEW.

I kind of wonder how often Obsidian checks NMA. I figure that Bethesda completely ignored us but I get the feeling some of the oldies at Obsidian still check the site every now and then ;)

TwinkieGorilla said:
KlimatNV said:

this is old, old, old news. so no...it's not really amusing at all that nobody is commenting on this.

Plus, it is not dumb dialogues just like in F1/2, but a few not-that-smart lines here and there. No ugha-ugha dialogues in New Vegas.

Eternal said:
I kind of wonder how often Obsidian checks NMA. I figure that Bethesda completely ignored us but I get the feeling some of the oldies at Obsidian still check the site every now and then ;)

Probably look around.

Peronally I think there is even a high chance that New Vegas will poke fun at / make a reference to NMA or older Fallout Fans.

For example there are already 2 confirmed references to the Something Awful (Yes, I'm fully aware that some of you hate them) forums where Sawyer posts regulary.

And he locks the comments. I was going to suggest he play more than one day (if he did play it) and come back and write an honest, in depth review. Oh well.

The guys entitled to his opinion. The only problem is that the article in no way shows that his opinion has any foundation. It's basically every preview ever written combined into a couple of paragraphs. Then a couple of things thrown in like his praise for Fallout 3's amazing story and the fact that it's the first game.

Killzig said:
KlimatNV said:
I have no inclination to listen to an hour or so of marketing speech so there's no chance I would ever listen to a Pete Hines interview. Thanks for pulling that nugget though.

Yeah, no reason to waste time listening to that guy. No way the reviewer played New Vegas yet... and how he liked "fallout" 3's story better is beyond me. He probably also loves Halo's story. This is also precisely the same reason I stopped reading reviews / previews a long time ago... the gaming "journalism" industry is pretty abysmal these days.

Oh, and while Mass Effect 2 was kind of fun, the story was pretty lame. Graphics were the best aspect of that game, but if the story/content blows, why waste time playing. Which is why I never understood while people loved military FPS games.

I'll reply to this after the embargo ended. I'm playing it for review purposes, so for now all I can say is that there's a problem with that review, that is going to happen a lot with the first reviews online. More after the embargo ends.

Briosafreak said:
I'll reply to this after the embargo ended. I'm playing it for review purposes, so for now all I can say is that there's a problem with that review, that is going to happen a lot with the first reviews online. More after the embargo ends.

Let me guess. First impression. I can really see most of the added stuff to really begin to matter after several hours/lategame.

Briosafreak said:

<3

I think I can trust your opinion just a little bit more. I'm not worried about me liking the game - I know I'll be buying every Obsidian game that comes out. I don't want another Troika. It's other people that I'm worried about.

Briosafreak said:

Bleh. Your post is so neutral and uninformative. I can't try and weasel out your impressions! Nooooo!

Anyway; I'll be looking forward to your review.

Wow, I hope no one really believe that review.I mean all that guy ranted about were the out dated graphics .No critique on combat,characters,quest,or consequences and choice. That was such a joke! :roll: :roll:

Oh no ,this is getting bad,--- http://n4g.com/news/627850/attack-of-the-fanboy-first-fallout-new-vegas-review

It's currently at a "Views temperature" (You'll understand if you use N4G) of 630 degrees! That means LOADS of people are reading this review and, most presumably, taking it seriously....

Reading over the review a few times it becomes blatantly obvious the reviewer hasn't touched the game:Everything he says is so vague, with a few word changes, it could be a review for any sequel. Note how he NEVER refers to ANYTHING specific in the game. He doesn't mention anything previews had already said. He is just some shit-stirrer trying to cause some controversy. : evil:

It's bastards like this guy who take sales away from developers, especially the fact it's the first so-called "review" :evil:

Back