Fallout: New Vegas PSM3 scans

Same here. I am actually exited about this game, even when it uses fallout 3 assets.
I am feeling this child like exitement, like just before getting to open a shiny new toy from a box.

If they actually implemented a INT<4 play option, then I wouldn't mind 5-10 word sentences. Sadly, at this point ALL characters sound like they're INT<4 :lol:

I hope gambling will only be optional and we won't have to go through some boring dice minigames or some other stupid shit to finish an important quest.

Now that I mentioned it....NO FUCKING MINIGAMES. God I hated those in F3 and every other RPG. That's what the PC's skills are for - that's why you invest all those skill points in lockpicking and science so you DON'T have to fiddle with a locked door or encrypted data. Also, repeating the same minigame 15 times perh hour kinda kills the pleasure from it.

Now onto matters at hand....I remember Rangers mentioned. I wonder if they'll be a key faction? The skipping of the tutorial is an excellent idea. How many companions can we have at one time? Oh there's still so many question unanswered....

What about the "you choose your background and you get trait based on it, also the beginning of the game depends on this" feature? Or it was just a rumor?

The only redeeming factor in regards to New Vegas is that passionate Fallout originators are on board, without them this boat will sink in a pool of pretty graphics and big bangs. It couldn’t be as bad as Fallout 3, so it will be an improvement, but alas without the original masters it will always be a pale imitation, as Fallout 2 was - to Fallout 1, Fallout Tactics - to Fallout 2, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel - to a wet smelly dog turd, (it’s a very slippery slide we are travelling here and it only goes downwards).

As long as there's a lot of areas to explore, less game-breaking bugs ( none would be good ), and plenty of shit to fuck up I'll be a happy camper.

Ravager69 said:
I hope gambling will only be optional and we won't have to go through some boring dice minigames or some other stupid shit to finish an important quest.

If it's as fun as the dice in Witcher, I wouldn't really mind, I enjoyed it. As long as it's for side-quests only, of course.

.Pixote. said:
The only redeeming factor in regards to New Vegas is that passionate Fallout originators are on board,

state the obvious much? where have you been since april...under a rock? why do you think we're even talking about the game with hope?

anyway, Fallout 2 was a great goddamn game...regardless of the lulzies which detracted from the original. i now hold FO1 as superior, but FO2 is what got me into the series. i'd not....NOT be displeased with a game on par with either of the originals (of course i'd take a remake of Tactics over FO3, but still). Avellone got so much shit for Reno (even though it was better written than anything in FO3) that i doubt he'd (or any of the devs for that matter) make the same mistake again. i'm not excited about Bethesda looking over Obsidian's shoulders...but this our last best shot at Fallout, dudeman.

If F3 was as good as FT then we wouldn`t have much to complain about. I know than F:NV won`t be as good as F1/2, it probably won`t as good as FT either but is hope it will.

Bengt said:
PSM said:
It has blue skies
According to Fallout lore the bombs didn't desolate America's west coast so, unlike the capital wasteland of Fallout 3 the skies aren't dominated by dust and clouds.

Awesome... how long did they have to think before they came up with that busted logic?

Blue skies? I guess the chemtrail program stopped with the war as well.

Dammit, can't I just type in my stats instead of having to go through some kind of story related mission.

I was/or am hoping that the way the skills would be handeld differently. Small guns should not affect damage! It should affect accuracy. So should perception but I would stick something else onto perception too. Maybe like how well you saw at night time.

Haven't read the whole thing yet but I see they called Tabatha "cross-dressing", I thought it was a female Super Mutant.

EDIT: Of course this would be the first issue I look to criticize. :lol:

Well, anyway. I've read the whole thing and it seems like it's gonna be a hell of a lot better than Fallout 3, that's for sure. The way the magazine boasts about the humour, dialogue and environment gives me a good feeling.

JaW said:
Did noticed anyone that they call Stimpak as Stimpack on the "Wheel of Friendship" screenshot? It looks like somebody from developers plays more Starcraft than Fallout in these days...
That would be the fault of the magazine- i don't think those descriptions will be there in game.

Ausir said:
The spelling "stimpack" was also used in Fallout 1 and 2 in some places, even if the inventory name is "stimpak".
Good to know, but "stimpack" is not correct and that is my point.

PLEASE have a good story and PLEASE have a pertinent CHALLENGING final boss.

Other than that, looks pretty good except for the gameplay aspects being nearly identical.

Seems to be a much more positive reaction to this game then Bethesda's. Awesome. I'll check the BethSoft forums and see their opinions.

Nice it seems they integrated few mods to NV. Wonder if they integrated Antistars weapon mods, if not no problem im sure is easy to port probably.

Back