Fallout: New Vegas PSM3 scans

Why? Fallout 3 is broken as well (hell), so it fits.

Didn't the little Pip 3000 also have those slots for memory cartridges that could enhance skills?

Yeh, it could fit some hardware upgrades, but as far as I know, the PipBoy 2000 could this too. Just not that many.

Lexx said:
Why? Fallout 3 is broken as well (hell), so it fits.
:lol:

The Dutch Ghost said:
Didn't the little Pip 3000 also have those slots for memory cartridges that could enhance skills?
This would be better than the magical bobble-heads. I'd like to see the Memory Modules re-introduced.

I miss item descriptions... If they made a conversation tool, I wonder if they could make some item info.

TwinkieGorilla said:
Tactics is fine (i guess), but to insinuate that Sawyer & Avellone & Co. are going to make a game that's not even as good as a half-assed Fallout game is...

...take a guess...

...just dumb. try using your head and think before you post, lad.
They are being controled by Beth and that`s why I think that it`ll be better then F3 but still not as good as F1//2/T . If I`m wrong then we all are going to be very happy. If not then we are still screwd. And I don`t think that my opinion is any worst then yours :roll:

Mistrz said:
They are being controled by Beth and that`s why I think that it`ll be better then F3 but still not as good as F1//2/T . If I`m wrong then we all are going to be very happy. If not then we are still screwd. And I don`t think that my opinion is any worst then yours :roll:
I think you've got to use your brain when it comes to this sort of thing. Bethesda clearly lacks the talent and/or motivation to create solid writing for their games, but it's pretty silly to think that they actively dislike decent writing. They probably just don't care. It's not like they're going to play the beta and say "I'm sorry Josh, but we're going to have to delay this for at least 6 months. There aren't nearly enough plot holes in the narrative. The dialog is too clever, and the characters are far too interesting. We're going to have Pete take a pass at the script, and then we'll get back to you."

Obsidian is definitely limited by the amount of time they have, but I don't think Beth would do anything to stop them from exercising their strengths in developing the game. There are some things that Bethesda would object to (nudity/child killing), but Obsidian probably wouldn't add those things anyway.

It's not like they're going to play the beta and say "I'm sorry Josh, but we're going to have to delay this for at least 6 months. There aren't nearly enough plot holes in the narrative. The dialog is too clever, and the characters are far too interesting. We're going to have Pete take a pass at the script, and then we'll get back to you."
Y'know, I keep thinking about the likelihood of something like this happening. When Bethesda get around to making... well... 'Fallout 4' (urgh...) it's going to have to surpass the bar set by New Vegas' writers. So the possibility there is if they want to get away with another shitty Fallout game they'd have to make the better Fallout game look worse. If not, 'Fallout 4' will fail unless Bethesda gets better writers themselves.

Or they might just hire Obsidian to make the next Fallout game too, after seeing how much they (Bethesda) fail compared to them. :lol:

Mistrz said:
And I don`t think that my opinion is any worst then yours

of course you don't, it's your opinion. :roll:

what i'm saying is don't just be cynical for the sake of it. instead, think about what we've got going into this. what is quite possibly the one major beloved aspect of the Fallout series? the writing. we're very likely going to get a well-written game. Fallout Tactics was not by any means whatsoever a well-written game. i enjoyed it, but it just wasn't that incredible of a game let alone a Fallout game.

I still liked the Calculator and its robot forces because I have a weakness for PA scenarios involving killer machines.

We could even see the Calculator/Vault 0 as the Enclave's original plan to retake the wasteland.
Instead of risking their own lives and limbs, they would simply wait until the Calculator send out its robots to cleanse the wasteland of mutations and repair the infrastructure and cities.

All the Enclave would have to do then would be sending the IFF recognition signal and take control, having access to the Calculator's resources and a rebuild infrastructure.

The people frozen at Vault 0?
Various people the Enclave thought would be useful to rebuild the USA as well as politicians and corporate CEOs who had supported the government with influence but weren't part of the Enclave, so instead got sent to Vault 0, as well as people who bought a place.

However I can accept that the Calculator/Vault 0 probably is not canon.

Reconite said:
Y'know, I keep thinking about the likelihood of something like this happening. When Bethesda get around to making... well... 'Fallout 4' (urgh...) it's going to have to surpass the bar set by New Vegas' writers. So the possibility there is if they want to get away with another shitty Fallout game they'd have to make the better Fallout game look worse. If not, 'Fallout 4' will fail unless Bethesda gets better writers themselves.

I don't think the average player nowadays cares so much about dialogues.

Or they might just hire Obsidian to make the next Fallout game too, after seeing how much they (Bethesda) fail compared to them. :lol:

There's any chance of this happening, realistically speaking?

I'm not sure what qualifies as a an average player,but I care about writing very much.If a game is lacking in this department but can make up for in some way,then I'll play it anyway.I play fallout 3 because its fun not because it has award winning writers.I love all the fallouts,but for different reasons.fallout 1 had the best story,2 had its humor,Tactics tested my ability to think strategically,and 3 had its huge environment filled with little nooks and places to discover.I only play 3 on very hard without followers,and very rarely using vats.I love how i can stand on a crumbling overpass and look into the distance through my sniper rifle and feel like the world has no end to it.I'd rather take a game for what it is,and enjoy it for it's good qualities than hate it for what it lacks.

OzzymO said:
I'd rather take a game for what it is,and ecnjoy it for it's good qualities than hate it for what it lacks.

I'm taking games for what they are, and I play a game when it bring me something special I couldn't get from doing real things in the real world. For example, a good story, a coherent and interesting world, and the impression to have the ability to make real impactful choices. Or a good gameplay that make you evacuate frustration/enjoy yourself/smile/laugh.

As far as exploring wide environments go, I prefer to go... outside, than play in the bump-mapped green-shit environments of Fallout 3. Much more stimulating visually, with at least 2 bonus senses !

That, summed up, is why Fallout 3 sucks unless the world you live in is an absolute boring mess. I don't care what "qualities" it has, to me is just more boring than real life.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
There's any chance of this happening, realistically speaking?
Well, maybe Bethesda will be too busy keeping up that stupid TES MMORPG that they're working on. They can't go releasing DLC instead of patches for that kind of game, now can they? It would require constant work and bug-fixing, which Bethesda is not really top of the class at. Who knows? Maybe Bethesda will outsource the Fallout series for Obsidian to develop?

might depend on how well the game will sell when its released.

I mean imagine ... what happens if Fallout Vegas outsells Fallout 3 ?

The Dutch Ghost said:
I still liked the Calculator and its robot forces because I have a weakness for PA scenarios involving killer machines.

We could even see the Calculator/Vault 0 as the Enclave's original plan to retake the wasteland.
Instead of risking their own lives and limbs, they would simply wait until the Calculator send out its robots to cleanse the wasteland of mutations and repair the infrastructure and cities.

All the Enclave would have to do then would be sending the IFF recognition signal and take control, having access to the Calculator's resources and a rebuild infrastructure.
Maybe the Enclave was just a result of Vault0 failing and other people taking over the power?
Anyway, the calculator missions were the ones that I liked the least, mostly because I didn't like killing robots.
I like to kill people, preferably the ones that don't shoot back.

I go with the Fallout Bible regarding the Enclave, they were already around before the war.

A cabal of politicians, high ranking officers, and corporate CEOs who were a shadow government behind the real government and dreamed of one day taking over.

What I do not understand is that the Enclave had so little on the Pan Immunity Virion project and FEV, and facilities such as Mariposa.

I would think they would have known more about it as they probably had connections to West Tek as they had with other corporations such as Poseidon Energy.

I would even have expected them to have a few samples at the Enclave headquarters, not needing to excavate Mariposa's ruins for a sample.

I guess they must have lost a lot of information during the big static.

Crni Vuk said:
Well, after the hype and recognition Fallout 3 got, plus the old fans who want this over Fallout 3, and all the new guys which will roll in this time, and all the things in the magazine articles which are being boasted as "better than in Fallout 3".

I think it's possible.

Reconite said:
If people cared about writing in videogames, then FO3 wouldn't have been a hit. Seriously, a lot of people don't care much about writing in videogames. I generally don't care about the noninteractive features of the narrative.

Crni Vuk said:
might depend on how well the game will sell when its released.

They do have a bunch of cash, so they might try to acquire Obsidian. If NV performs as well or better than FO3, it certainly would support the notion that Bethesda doesn't have the manpower to fully exploit the demand for their games.

But it probably won't do that well. It's a straight rehash toward the end of the console cycle, and while FO3 was a hit, I don't think it had a GTA3-level impact on the audience.

Dionysus said:
If people cared about writing in videogames, then FO3 wouldn't have been a hit. Seriously, a lot of people don't care much about writing in videogames. I generally don't care about the noninteractive features of the narrative.

I don't think it's just people not caring about writing in videogames. I think it's that no one reads anymore. I'll bet the same people who don't read books loved fallout 3.

toyboat said:
Dionysus said:

I don't think it's just people not caring about writing in videogames. I think it's that no one reads anymore. I'll bet the same people who don't read books loved fallout 3.

Plus some games are great without writing. Super Mario Bros. for example.

Still, I think the only reason that Bethesda had a success on their hands is because they have an established following with Oblivion and Morrowind. And those games were also well received. And the writing (at least the dialogue) was better than the previous games (i.e., omg crappy sentences instead of a subject choice).

They didn't need to hardcore F1/F2 fans. As I'm sure we've all witnessed, with F3's success.

Back