Fallout Nuka World DLC trailer and information are online

My question is why have a fucking cola company be that powerfull?
Like usual Bethesda has the opportunity of coming up with their own factions and stories and they just resort to make retarded rehashes and bastardization of stablished components of the lore. Is it an office policy to snort glue in the writers room?

It's meant to be a semi-satirical look at companies like the Coke-A-Cola Company, which owns a lot more than just Coke.

Wouldn't Nukacola PA be more interesting and a beter Joke if when you put it on you realize is just a cardboard mascot costume type of shell over a power armor frame?

Yeah, that would be funny. :lol:

It sounds all nice on paper, "Nuka Cola had the best chemists!", but seriously, food chemistry is very, very different from chemical weaponry.
A game shouldn't require that much mental gymnastics to reconcile its incongruities.
A lot of gastronomists are qualified chemists, and Nuka-Cola produces shit like Quantum and Quartz. They need better chemists then Coke.

Oh look, a guy quadruple-posting and defending Fallout 4 DLC at the same time. We never see any of those around here...
There was a lot of stuff I felt the need to address. I apologized for it.

But you can look through my posting history if you like. I haven't been all too positive about Fallout 4.

How is that wrong? Is she not the same Sierra from Fallout 3? Or are you just being tedious like the other quadruple-posters because she's the rare exception that doesn't give procedurally generated garbage fetch quests?[/QUOTE]
Yes, she doesn't give radiant fetch quests.

10 different companies invented by Bethesda to shoehorn new Pre-War crap, becouse the only ones involved (in true canon) were West Tek, Vault-Tec and government involvement. And maybe Wattz electronics, but i doubt so.?

And Poseidon. And RobCo, since teey made the PIP-Boys.

It's meant to be a semi-satirical look at companies like the Coke-A-Cola Company, which owns a lot more than just Coke.

Thing is, Nuka Cola was never a shady megacorp controlling shit. They were just a softdrink brand. Now if they had instead made it so that they were just an offshot of a big megacorp that actually dealed in this type of stuff and the Cola was a front, that would've been interesting, but nope, just make Nuka Cola into Tyrell Coroporation....

Thing is, Nuka Cola was never a shady megacorp controlling shit. They were just a softdrink brand. Now if they had instead made it so that they were just an offshot of a big megacorp that actually dealed in this type of stuff and the Cola was a front, that would've been interesting, but nope, just make Nuka Cola into Tyrell Coroporation....
It's hardly that powerful.

Personally, I think the whole idea is quite fitting for the Fallout setting. Capitalism gone wild is an integral part of the series- and what screams Capitalism more then Coca-Cola?

The Power-Armor isn't used for security, it's a display piece, and there are only two in the entire park, so far as I can find. You really don't understand how the army manages propaganda if you think they're not all too happy to lend pieces of equipment to private enterprises. Two sets of power armor are fundamentally not going to make any difference in the war effort or pacifying the population, and can have vastly more power and use as propaganda tools. Sure, maybe you could kill two dozen Reds with one suit, or you could inspire hundreds of young boys to join the military when they grow up.
I see, that makes a bit more sense then (not a lot but it's something and I do get propaganda though sending the pinnacle of power armor tech is still quite a stretch, why not send T-45ds? They're still iconic enough for the public). Still it would have been better to have heavily modified T-45ds instead (in line with Ashur's armor from the Pitt but looking different) if Bethesda wanted to put in some power armor for Nuka World. T-51b was still the pinnacle of power armor tech during pre-War times (I'm not even gonna glance at T-60 because it always seemed like a step down in terms of Power Armor tech than T-51b visually alone) so having a few open for spies to examine may not be entirely ideal.

Agreed on the APA, though. It's not just a statue, you can use it.
:twitch: I guess that piece of actual Enclave post-War power armor fell through a time warp and ended up in pre-War America? That's one definite point against consistency there (though I expect the response of certain people in the game's development team is "not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls" which is an actual quote from a certain someone from Bethesda).

A lot of gastronomists are qualified chemists, and Nuka-Cola produces shit like Quantum and Quartz. They need better chemists then Coke.
I think this is that the hard pill to digest for some. Soft drink chemists suddenly turning into nuclear scientists. There certainly is a jump of logic there even if the Nuka Cola people supposedly has the know-how.

Personally, I think the whole idea is quite fitting for the Fallout setting.
I expected more corporate espionage Mccarthy paranoia, and backroom dealings from more normal corporations like Nuka Cola though, not nuclear scientists (when there are plenty of research institutions and corporations out there to use). @Brivoo put forth a pretty good alternate story for Nuka World (where the chemical which military application was more fluke and less actual feasible research that Nuka Cola is using to swindle the government, it would make more sense)

Last edited:
The biggest problem is that Bethesda has a very superficial understanding of the series, it's themes and the lore and they couple that with below fanfic level writing and a complete lack of creativity so they just keep churnning out half cooked ideas composed of bastardized lore and they hope the endless garbage picking is enough to mask it.

There are many 'lore' Point that are broken to shit compered to these. This really should't be up for debate compered to other things e.g

Pipe weapons found it safes ect
Jet found in places it should't be
Ghouls apparently don't require food (This breaks so much law it actually generally piss's me off) Like theres no way diamound city would make ghouls leave as ghouls could be used as primary guardsas they don't need food ect i guess no sleep either. Why the fuck would you kick them out ? There have so much power as they never need to sleep or drink. Also why the fuck is Gob working at the brass latern if he does't need to drink or eat anything
McCready joining the gunner, I don't get this either okay he could of left big town but how do you just join the gunners? Why can't the player character join the guners and said oter factions
Botherhood steel veritbirds ? I get it they can have some fine 6 , 12 maybe 15 but near seeming unlimted just semms like what the actual fuck. I really can't understand this
Point two about the botherhood of steel how the hel did they get so many tropps on one airship ? I really would't of mined if there where less and the soldiers there where power up ect. But actual wtf atleast if you side with them you can expect them to bring in more reinforcements

So yeah a custom paint job of PA for nuka cola is that far fetched. I think quite a logical soluation that I always assumed was that Nuka Cola brought the PA to raise funds for the military. I think the thing more fundermentaly flawed is how many sets of power amour there are in the game overall

There are many 'lore' Point that are broken to shit compered to these. This really should't be up for debate compered to other things e.g

Pipe weapons found it safes ect
Jet found in places it should't be
Ghouls apparently don't require food (This breaks so much law it actually generally piss's me off) Like theres no way diamound city would make ghouls leave as ghouls could be used as primary guardsas they don't need food ect i guess no sleep either. Why the fuck would you kick them out ? There have so much power as they never need to sleep or drink. Also why the fuck is Gob working at the brass latern if he does't need to drink or eat anything
McCready joining the gunner, I don't get this either okay he could of left big town but how do you just join the gunners? Why can't the player character join the guners and said oter factions
Botherhood steel veritbirds ? I get it they can have some fine 6 , 12 maybe 15 but near seeming unlimted just semms like what the actual fuck. I really can't understand this
Point two about the botherhood of steel how the hel did they get so many tropps on one airship ? I really would't of mined if there where less and the soldiers there where power up ect. But actual wtf atleast if you side with them you can expect them to bring in more reinforcements

So yeah a custom paint job of PA for nuka cola is that far fetched. I think quite a logical soluation that I always assumed was that Nuka Cola brought the PA to raise funds for the military. I think the thing more fundermentaly flawed is how many sets of power amour there are in the game overall
True. I do think they could have avoided all this by using T-45ds at least. They could have mitigated the inconsitency at least (though that working Advanced Power Armor in a pre-War exhibit is still rather glaring).

True. I do think they could have avoided all this by using T-45ds at least. They could have mitigated the inconsitency at least (though that working Advanced Power Armor in a pre-War exhibit is still rather glaring).

Yeah sorry I don't know what PA there planing to include. Yeah the early power Armour is fits well they would't give the most up to date. I imagine the army would sell old models for quite alot to raise funds.

In the mod I'm making i'm probably going to include and nuka cola PA from the world of Nuka cola (Cuz i do feel this is fair ) But only one set as I feel this would be really rare. And other custom sets too.

I don't see the problem with just giving players the custom paint job, Then they can paint while there there themselfs

Seems like youtube raters ain't giving a shit about the obvious flaws.

trailer.png

The biggest problem is that Bethesda has a very superficial understanding of the series, it's themes and the lore and they couple that with below fanfic level writing and a complete lack of creativity so they just keep churnning out half cooked ideas composed of bastardized lore and they hope the endless garbage picking is enough to mask it.
This succinctly sums up my feelings about Fallout 4.

Everything has become a cheesy, cartoon gimmick. The people who sarcastically say "Oh so it's ok when Obsidian does it but not when Bethesda does it" are actually right - it's not ok when Bethesda does it. Bethesda just doesn't "get it." It's really that simple in my opinion after seeing what they did to poor Fallout 4 which could have been the greatest RPG ever made given its budget and development time.

I´m sorry, but I really don´t get how this is bad writing. They explained it in a way that follows the lore and adds new stuff to it for a 'fun' premise (This is basically a creatively bankrupt idea for a DLC, imo). Is there shit to rag on? Sure, but I fail to see how this is one of them.
Of course, I never played the DLC (or F4) so I have no idea on how it is presented, but from what I read, it seems fine.

Wait, wait, wait... Nuka-Cola was working on atomic weapons? ...Really? But, Why...?

I've only just tuned it. Can anyone give me a recap?

Last edited:
Wouldn't Nukacola PA be more interesting and a beter Joke if when you put it on you realize is just a cardboard mascot costume type of shell over a power armor frame?
That would require way to much effort/brain cells . It's much easier to just steal a nuka cola pa mod from Bethesda.net, and force people to pay 20$ for it.

Oil companies? Robotics manufacturers? Drug Companies? Private Prisons? Military Contractors? You know, those that Fallout has shown as the ones with power in the past?
Which one has infected the entire world? Which one is the most recognizable logo in the world, known to Amazonian tribesmen and Tuvan Throatsingers? Which one poisons children in the pursuit of profit? It is factually the most recognizable logos of capitalism on the face of the earth. They've done studies to this effect. They've engaged in the overthrow of Latin American countries, and the killing of union bosses.

Do I think Bethesda wrote Nuka-World with this in mind? No, probably not. But that doesn't make it bad.

I think this is that the hard pill to digest for some. Soft drink chemists suddenly turning into nuclear scientists. There certainly is a jump of logic there even if the Nuka Cola people supposedly has the know-how.
Coke has MIT degreed chemists working for it. Food chemistry is a vibrant and talented industry, and it would be even more so in this world.

I expected more corporate espionage Mccarthy paranoia, and backroom dealings from more normal corporations like Nuka Cola though, not nuclear scientists (when there are plenty of research institutions and corporations out there to use). @Brivoo put forth a pretty good alternate story for Nuka World (where the chemical which military application was more fluke and less actual feasible research that Nuka Cola is using to swindle the government, it would make more sense)
Coca-Cola had ties to the CIA in real world. They, along with the United Fruit Company, orchestrated the overthrows of numerous Central American countries for not cooperating with corporate interests. And, like I said, coke is the most omnipresent symbol of capitalism on the planet. It really is a great piece of unintended writing.

Back