Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
It's a hiring dialog:

"Good God... Well, I'm quite good in handling laser and plasma weapons, but shooting firearms, let alone fighting bare-handed, are the things I'm horrible at. Are you OK with that?
  • Sure, that will be enough.
  • In other words, it would be like traveling with a cactus, got it.
"

Last edited:
I am really interested in hearing some more details about this game's content, especially the factions and locations but also if companions are handled better than in Fallout Nevada as that was one of the gripes I had with that game.

I also hope that Sonora is a bit more generous with equipment and supplies this time as I hated having to scrounge by most of the time or carrying stuff that had absolutely no purpose.

I don't think they want to talk about locations and factions to keep it surprising and to not spoil the experience when playing the game.

Suprised no one posted this before, some fat hint from Nobody's Nail Machine, the original Nevada composer.
vn87JZiJFmw.jpg

I guess he's in after all.

Fantastic. Loved the music for Nevada. I was really hoping they would get him back and was disappointed when the developers said they would only use the old music this time.

Developer keeps it a secret. Expect even more pendejo mexican shit than in 1.5 Resurrection, as mods name suggests.

Looks like nobody's nail machine is officially back.

translated by Zer0wing on RPG Codex.

"Phoenix... City of the sun. An oasis in the middle of desert that gave life to millions of people. But nuclear war has incinerated this once huge metropolis. To this day its ruins are slowly smolder, covering with ashes many miles around. People continue to live here in these charred ruins hoping that one day the city will rise again like a bird from the Old World legends."

you have to have a account on VK though to listen to the song. Thankfully you can just listen to it on bandcamp instead.
https://nobodysnailmachine.bandcamp.com/track/city-of-phoenix-fallout-sonora-soundtrack

Fallout Sonora - entry to the Casa Nuevo location

"Attention, stranger! Alcohol, drugs, and open carrying of weapons are prohibited here. For stealing the crops there's the death penalty. A curfew is in place at night."

Char: "Strict rules"

VwARnb3ot9k.jpg

Back