Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Hassknecht, Nov 21, 2017.

1. dozen

dozen First time out of the vault

Jul 22, 2011
    Duh, I'm translating the news bits the devs publish on the VK page. To keep you guys updated.

2. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Someone ought to bring the head of Alfredo Garcia at some point...

3. Golbolco

Golbolco First time out of the vault

Jul 12, 2015
    Any new word on this project, given we're nearly at the end of September? Is the 30th still the expected release date for the Russian version?

4. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I doubt it will be released this year, Fallout modding is slow and tedious. If they do I'll be just as happy as the next man wanting to play this.

5. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Last couple of end-game maps in Nevada are empty, poorly thought out and shamefully linear in sharp contrast with rest of the mod. No rushing this time please!

6. Severenity

Severenity First time out of the vault

Oct 3, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012
    I created a proper thread for Sonora here.

8. Stampedo

Stampedo First time out of the vault

Aug 17, 2011
    Nobody's Nail Machine really nailed Mark Morgan's Fallout soundtrack feel, I really loved his job on Fallout Nevada.

We'll probably have to wait even longer since the game needs to be translated. :)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. TL8ez

TL8ez First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2012
    @Lexx
    This doesn't make much sense especially in the Boneyard area because of 2 reasons.
    1. The Fallout US was much more paranoid, militant, and closed-off than it's IRL counterpart from the 50's, making them less immigrant friendly, also there was a U.S. invasion against Mexico.
    2. During the Great War, 90%ish percent of the population died. That means minorities became even more minor than they were before, if they survived at all.

10. RetrospectiveGaming

RetrospectiveGaming First time out of the vault

Oct 24, 2016
    Very happy to see this ...late to the announcement but I do hope the are still working on it .. I enjoyed Fallout: Nevada and I'm excited to see what they can do next ..shout out to the translators for Fallout nevada too

11. Sagez

Sagez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2013
    Does anybody know if Sonora will have companions? Playing Nevada was really tedious at times, only in the late game you could get a better weapon than AK-112. I agree with valcik, they should take their time and really polish the game before release. I also hope that they don't aim for the ''russian and hardcore mod'' feel...

12. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    There was a AK-112 in Fallout Nevada ? - never found it, used the hunting rifle for 2/3rds of the game, then the sniper rifle from Vegas onwards.

13. Sagez

Sagez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2013
    Yes, you can farm them from random encounters near Winds of War (middle of the map). Two bandits will attack a soldier with AK. It's best to help him with bandits and then finish him. It's pretty stupid but it works.
    Lack of weapons variety is one of the biggest Nevada flaws.

14. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
  15. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    @.Pixote.
    As far as I remember Fallout 1 and 2 *and* Tactics's description for the assault rifle says it's AK 112 model. so yeah Assault Rifle and AK 112 are basicaly the same thing, if You didn't knew...

As for why there's so much Kalashnikovs in post '50 Sci-Fi future America,with them literally hating comunism?! Beats Me.. I have no Idea..

16. ironmask

ironmask Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 10, 2018
    Nov 18, 2019

Fallout Sonora logo in a classic style.
    Artist Alexander Berezin.

Gotta say I love the logo.

Also we are going to get the release date sometime today.

"We will announce the release date during this Sunday."

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  17. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    It's finished and could be released December 12!
    But the devs would like a bit more time to polish everything (add extra quests, polish videos etc).
    They proposed a second release date- next March. The release is left to vote by fans- currently it's something like 4:1 for the March release.
    They'll announce the results on Thursday.

18. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Either they are done and can release, or they aren't... what kind of question is that?
    And if they really want to push it out already, slap some alpha or beta sticker on it and call it a day.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  19. Golbolco

Golbolco First time out of the vault

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm torn--on one hand I would like Fallout: Sonora to come out after waiting for what seems like forever... I recall at one point they wanted to release on September 30.

On the other hand, I want the completed game to be released; don't the developers consider Fallout: Nevada to be somewhat of a failure because of cut plans? I don't want the same to happen to Sonora. It could also affect people's first impressions if the first edition of the game is no good.

20. ironmask

ironmask Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 10, 2018
    I would rather wait for a complete game then make a person release a rushed product.