Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
Any new word on this project, given we're nearly at the end of September? Is the 30th still the expected release date for the Russian version?

I doubt it will be released this year, Fallout modding is slow and tedious. If they do I'll be just as happy as the next man wanting to play this.

Last couple of end-game maps in Nevada are empty, poorly thought out and shamefully linear in sharp contrast with rest of the mod. No rushing this time please!

Nobody's Nail Machine really nailed Mark Morgan's Fallout soundtrack feel, I really loved his job on Fallout Nevada.

We'll probably have to wait even longer since the game needs to be translated. :)

@Lexx
Probably a more southern town. Some folks in the Boneyard should speak Spanish as well. Same with Dayglow and anything else further down the Glow.

This doesn't make much sense especially in the Boneyard area because of 2 reasons.
1. The Fallout US was much more paranoid, militant, and closed-off than it's IRL counterpart from the 50's, making them less immigrant friendly, also there was a U.S. invasion against Mexico.
2. During the Great War, 90%ish percent of the population died. That means minorities became even more minor than they were before, if they survived at all.

Very happy to see this ...late to the announcement but I do hope the are still working on it .. I enjoyed Fallout: Nevada and I'm excited to see what they can do next ..shout out to the translators for Fallout nevada too

Does anybody know if Sonora will have companions? Playing Nevada was really tedious at times, only in the late game you could get a better weapon than AK-112. I agree with valcik, they should take their time and really polish the game before release. I also hope that they don't aim for the ''russian and hardcore mod'' feel...

Does anybody know if Sonora will have companions? Playing Nevada was really tedious at times, only in the late game you could get a better weapon than AK-112. I agree with valcik, they should take their time and really polish the game before release. I also hope that they don't aim for the ''russian and hardcore mod'' feel...

There was a AK-112 in Fallout Nevada ? - never found it, used the hunting rifle for 2/3rds of the game, then the sniper rifle from Vegas onwards.

Yes, you can farm them from random encounters near Winds of War (middle of the map). Two bandits will attack a soldier with AK. It's best to help him with bandits and then finish him. It's pretty stupid but it works.
Lack of weapons variety is one of the biggest Nevada flaws.

@.Pixote.
As far as I remember Fallout 1 and 2 *and* Tactics's description for the assault rifle says it's AK 112 model. so yeah Assault Rifle and AK 112 are basicaly the same thing, if You didn't knew...

As for why there's so much Kalashnikovs in post '50 Sci-Fi future America,with them literally hating comunism?! Beats Me.. I have no Idea..

Nov 18, 2019

Fallout Sonora logo in a classic style.
Artist Alexander Berezin.
WtRbsMEgZIs.jpg

Gotta say I love the logo.

Also we are going to get the release date sometime today.
WcOiBBr.png

"We will announce the release date during this Sunday."

It's finished and could be released December 12!
But the devs would like a bit more time to polish everything (add extra quests, polish videos etc).
They proposed a second release date- next March. The release is left to vote by fans- currently it's something like 4:1 for the March release.
They'll announce the results on Thursday.

Either they are done and can release, or they aren't... what kind of question is that?
And if they really want to push it out already, slap some alpha or beta sticker on it and call it a day.

I'm torn--on one hand I would like Fallout: Sonora to come out after waiting for what seems like forever... I recall at one point they wanted to release on September 30.

On the other hand, I want the completed game to be released; don't the developers consider Fallout: Nevada to be somewhat of a failure because of cut plans? I don't want the same to happen to Sonora. It could also affect people's first impressions if the first edition of the game is no good.

Back