Fallout TV Series Begins Production

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
According to an exclusive at Deadline the much anticipated Fallout TV series is actually making progress. I remember talking about stuff like this back in 2005 when it was just a dream. Now the nightmare will soon be reality.

Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s Kilter Films, is coming together. Nolan is set to direct the premiere of the series, which is slated to begin production in 2022. Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Captain Marvel) and Graham Wagner (Silicon Valley) have come aboard as showrunners.

Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time,” Joy and Nolan said at the time. “Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we’re incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios.”

I'm not aware of these people, but the worst that can happen is it becomes more popular, and we get that MMO finally. Amazon will drop it after one or two years like The Tick if it does poorly.

D
Question, is Fallout 1's story also "Wow cool power armor!"?

So you have no defense for edgerunner, got it. Because there bloody isn't one.

Martinez doesn't have a arc, Lucy barely matters, the gang is disposable, it just boils down to wow look at this loli (who does not fit the cyberpunk aesthetic at all she looks so jarringly out of place) get smashed by adam smasher me so angy now wil play game to kill smasher with her shotgun dropped in city plaza as your free dlc. And yea - that's what CDPR considers to be free dlc, slurp it up, peons.

Fallout 1 has a ethical question buried within it. What does humanity do after a global nuclear war and why? And even then,let's admit it, it's just there to push the plot along. You don't get into the gritty details. Master thinks he's found a way to adapt humanity to the wastes so now he's going to convert nearly everyone into it so humanity will never have another politically divided world to thrash yet again. It was cooked up in a few weeks or days, put into the story, then the BOS gets it as another ethos (keep tech out of the hands of the masses who blew the world yet Fallout 1 doesn't have high tech up the wazoo so the BOS just sit in their base and patrol a bit), the Hub and Junktown don't care beyond profit, Necropolis just and Shady Sands has the barest hints of communal naturalistic adaptation but is revisited beyond the first hour.

What does Edgerunners have? Wow cyberpunk world sure does suck, but just like in the base game, you're not seeing any real criticism of the world or how it got there. Just bemoaning and some barely noticed violence against the system that's too big to hurt anyway. In the game if you win all that happens is Arasaka withdraws from North America and Soulkiller isn't on the market anymore, but the AI are still fucking around with it and if Arasaka did it, eventually another company in the USSR or PRC or India or Europe will, too; Night City is still going to get caught up in the second NUSA-Texas/Free State war, world moves on without a care for what you or martinez did. And everyone is acting like edgerunners is some prodigy of anime or a redemption of Cyberpunk when it's just a pretty, sugar-coated turd.

It's fun to play (I will not say edgerunners is fun to watch - it isn't, the characters and triggers' animation is jank but if it's just vehicles and backgrounds, yes) but they are both vapid cash cows in the end and should just be remembered as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a written forum for discussion. You asked a question. I'm sorry your brain has been rotted to the point where you can't pay attention to anything that's more than two sentences.

Lol @ people overthinking shit like Fallout or Cyberpunk.
cali.jpeg

To get slightly back on topic, I was just thinking that a claymation style Fallout show might work. Give every character those exaggerated faces from talking heads like Sulik, Gizmo, Aradesh, Myron, etc. Use that original clay deathclaw model. Plus, claymation would make everything feel more retro in general. Like a 90s music video.

To get slightly back on topic, I was just thinking that a claymation style Fallout show might work. Give every character those exaggerated faces from talking heads like Sulik, Gizmo, Aradesh, Myron, etc. Use that original clay deathclaw model. Plus, claymation would make everything feel more retro in general. Like a 90s music video.

You know, I think I'd actually watch that when I'm high. Hell, maybe even when I'm not high.

IMO, that is how FO3 should have been designed from the outset—if it had to be FPP.

Been saying this for years lol.

I mostly have done so because I wanted to come up with new ideas for factions, lore, and storylines for Fallout. New material that does not conflict with what was already made up.
I still have my little dream project but I think I will move on from the IP once I have finished that.
There are not that many reasons any more to hold on to the IP, just like with other favorites like Star Trek.

Huh, Mr. House. Where ever they’re taking this series it’ll be interesting to see. Have they revealed where in the Fallout timeline the story lands?

T
Huh, Mr. House. Where ever they’re taking this series it’ll be interesting to see. Have they revealed where in the Fallout timeline the story lands?
No but I think we will see some flashbacks.

Back