Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

If you go to Metacritic user reviews, they're polarized, like everything else these days. Many are 10s, really? The show is a perfect 10 you say?

Also many 0s and 1s.

All of these user review systems are corrupted by shills these days. I'm not saying I can tell what percentage are shills but some surely are.

Sample shill (10) review:
"I played every single Fallout game and I can assure you this show does an amazing job at placing you in that post-apocalyptic universe. It's lore-friendly for the most part, gory, and has a nice dark humour. I recommend !"
It's the same retards who lap up everything and have a fallout shelf filled with overpriced plastic from Bethesda.

The show had some cool things, and if I wasn't a veteran of the older games it would probably be really great.

I don't think Tim or Josh actually want to blow up the NCR, Tim is just not that invested in it, and Sawyer is unlikely to criticize it due to his personality and ties. Tim also has an excess of empathy, so whenever a company produces bad content, he thinks about all the hard work people put into the content and talks about that more than the actual final product. He's the most likely of the three to express a negative opinion, but it'll be dressed up if he gives it.

Regardless, I don't really *need* to demonize or lionize Todd, Tim, Chris, Josh or any of the other main hundreds of creators behind the series people always forget about. I have my own opinions as a fan of the series and an occasional low-level creator, and even if they want to destroy the setting entirely, I don't *have* to be influenced by that.

For what it's worth, I don't think Todd is a bad guy, I'm just not fond of how he handles the series…or at least whoever at Bethesda or its parent company wants him to handle it. I do genuinely wonder how much spite plays into how the NCR was destroyed or New Vegas looks like a hollowed out husk, though.

It would be ironic if Bethesda ended up using an unpopular (and minor) part of NV canon, as well as Avellone's own words, to justify why they "had to" destroy a much-beloved part of the universe.

The people making this show are probably too lazy to dig this deep (pun unintended) to accomplish this, but they could.

wasnt the NCR captial moved to the hub inbetween fallout 2 and new vegas?

GI Blues missionaries ask you what was the original name of the current NCR capital during their NCR citizenship quiz. The correct answer is Shady Sands.

I soldiered through the whole thing. It's... Wow. And there's Nu Fallout fans who'll tell you "Oooh but you'll love it THERE'S A HOUSE CAMEO AT THE END AND THEN THE WOMAN SAYS WAR NEVER CHANGES AND I CLAPPED".
The whole thing wasn't too badly made, looked a bit cheap and holy fuck you got this Durrnzel Washington ass looking motherfucker spend several episodes in a power armor where he can only act with his face and he has literally a single facial expression that is immensely punchable, but otherwise it was at least somewhat decently made.
However, the comedy bits were shit, the trope of "slomo ultraviolence set to funny music" was used wayyyyy to often, and the story is extremely lame. There's a McGuffin nobody really cares about, big reveal of some story shit in the end, and it's just... Overall not good.

Wow. And there's Nu Fallout fans who'll tell you "Oooh but you'll love it THERE'S A HOUSE CAMEO AT THE END AND THEN THE WOMAN SAYS WAR NEVER CHANGES AND I CLAPPED".
I remember people creaming over that episode in Ahsoka with Darth Vader because the entire thing was keys jingling. Nowadays to apparently entertain an audience you just need to reference past work and add recognizable sound effects and people will clap and call you a genius.

No joke, i have seen people claim that the Fallout TV show was made with love because it had gun sound effects from the games. Hence why it's completely impossible to take most of the audience seriously when they claim something is good because it referenced the thing it's adapting.

Last edited:
I remember people creaming over that episode in Ahsoka with Darth Vader because the entire was keys jingling. Nowadays to apparently entertain an audience you just need to reference past work and add recognizable sound effects and people will clap and call you a genius.

No joke, i have seen people claim that the Fallout TV show was made with love because it had gun sound effects from the games.
And all the references did you see the code was 101097 they really love Fallout!
A MAN AND HIS DOG I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE

I swear it's gonna reach a point that the references are gonna be references to the references to the thing in the work that it's being adapted. It's gonna be some dystopian inception style future where it's references within references, nothing will be original because the writers and producers are too busy jingling the keys in front of their audience.

I remember people creaming over that episode in Ahsoka with Darth Vader because the entire was keys jingling. Nowadays to apparently entertain an audience you just need to reference past work and add recognizable sound effects and people will clap and call you a genius.
honestly the problem with shows like ahsoka, mandalorian, clone wars etc is theyre all picking each others plot threads up to be spun off or concluded in another spinoff.

there was an x-men comic called x-men: grand design where it was essentially a retelling of the story of the x-men rexamined and rethought to remove filler, tell the most important stories in a shorter and more concise way with less of the insane wierdo shit that you naturally get from writing ostensably one continuing story over decades with 100 spinoffs. id love to see something similar done for star wars.

actually id like a full ultimate spiderman style reboot now that i think about it

Last edited:
honestly the problem with shows like ahsoka, mandalorian, clone wars etc is theyre all picking each others plot threads up to be spun off or concluded in another spinoff.

there was an x-men comic called x-men: grand design where it was essentially a retelling of the story of the x-men rexamined and rethought to remove filler, tell the most important stories in a shorter and more concise way with less of the insane wierdo shit that you naturally get from writing ostensably one continuing story over decades with 100 spinoffs. id love to see something similar done for star wars.

actually id like a full ultimate spiderman style reboot now that i think about it

They are kind of doing this but with an older Spider-Man (It's actually really good).

But yeah, one good thing about the OG Ultimate Spider-Man was how it had 40-50 years worth of stories not only to adapt, but to also learn. So we got some real good retellings of already great pieces of work.

References work best when you're able to fit them into the narrative. I really hate how star wars does it because they are put in to give People something to talk about.

Everything I heard about the Mandalorian was great... until all I heard was a Luke Skywalker cameo which killed my interest in the show.
It's all People can talk about now, even if the show gave them something else.

And honestly, I think this is all a response to the reception of The Last Jedi, that film seemed to go out of its way to try and not reference everything that came before... It did it with mixed results admittedly, but all anyone could say was how upset they were that we never got the trio back in one room again, or how Luke wouldn't act like this (which is A. not taking into account the 30+ years that had passed between films and B. Ignoring possibly the best moment in all of Star Wars, where Luke starts going ham on Darth Vader at the end of episode 6).

Now we just get references to make it good. Bear in mind, I do think the "War never changes" is an important line for the franchise as a whole, and I'm surprised they didn't say it in every episode, so I can at least forgive that.
I've not seen the rest of the show, so I don't know how House fits into it, hopefully it's in a role like Kane has in the first Red Alert, where he is there, but not really the main focus of anything.

On a side note, Twin Peaks Season 3 did the best references with having a few sprinkled in the series.

On a side note, Twin Peaks Season 3 did the best references with having a few sprinkled in the series.

It also completely destroyed the lore of Twin Peaks, but in a good way and I don't say that ironically. Season 3 was an analytical deconstruction of what Twin Peaks meant and they put in the time and effort to do it.

This show destroyed all Fallout's lore during its runtime too, but, well? What a heap of shit. I'm sparing further comment.

Finished the show now. It wouldn't give such a bad feeling if they wouldn't have felt the need to destroy Shady Sands and the NCR. Why the fuck did they have to do this? They could have literally made this any other fictive town and nothing in the story would have changed.

Why not? Can't talk about it if I don't watch it. Everyone who shits on it without actually checking it out is just an obnoxious asshat.

Finished the show now. It wouldn't give such a bad feeling if they wouldn't have felt the need to destroy Shady Sands and the NCR. Why the fuck did they have to do this? They could have literally made this any other fictive town and nothing in the story would have changed.
Plus some more shade thrown on NV. House' involvement in certain things, showing some people in Ranger armor sifting through dirt for caps...

Why not? Can't talk about it if I don't watch it. Everyone who shits on it without actually checking it out is just an obnoxious asshat.
"no you see you cant just see the shit to have the right to call it shit you must smell and taste it too!"

lol nah i disagree

"no you see you cant just see the shit to have the right to call it shit you must smell and taste it too!"

lol nah i disagree

Man’s acting like it isn’t his kink to be tied to a bed and made to watch the entire season… Clockwork orange style

The TV Show effects Fallout 1 lore much more than New Vegas. They put Shady Sands in LA and in turn, close proximity to the Master and his Cathedral. It's much more plausible for NCR to survive without Shady Sands through the events of New Vegas than it is for Shady Sands to go unnoticed by the Master and his minion's. Not only that, but you also have to consider where Vault 13 could be and whether or not it's still close to Shady Sands, too.

Back