Fallout TV-show Teaser Trailer just dropped

Fucking Bosch.

Brilliant show that one

Regarding the mutant gecko thingie with the harpoon. There's a tall building in this shot, next to water. There's also what looks like a mountainside with trees in the background. Do any of the lakes in Los Angeles match that? The lake would be flooded as the building is at least part under water.

The mutant gecko thingie has a harpoon attached to a rope stuck in its jaw, and you can see the back of the vault dweller in the lower right
HSzCFxT.png

Fucking Bosch.

Brilliant show that one

Regarding the mutant gecko thingie with the harpoon. There's a tall building in this shot, next to water. There's also what looks like a mountainside with trees in the background. Do any of the lakes in Los Angeles match that? The lake would be flooded as the building is at least part under water.
https://tanamatales.com/best-lakes-in-los-angeles/

Santa Fe Reservoir
Silver Lake Reservoir
Crystal Lake Recreational Area
Franklin Canyon Lake

Some that stuck out. Plenty near mountains though.

Hollywood reservoir is a good fit. In fact, to use my colourful mind brush: Hollywood reservoir has broken and flooded the districts downstream.

Edit: Failing dams are indeed a thing in LA. I think we're looking at a flooded valley in LA because I love to jump to conclusions.

FZuxlkr.jpg

So here's my grift.

Why start it so late in the timeline? I mean I would ask why place it in California at all but we all know Todd hates the fact New Vegas was more popular than Fallout 3 and is envious of it's status.

But why so late in the timeline? I remember this being a major issue I had with Fallout 3. You're telling me it's set 200 years after the nuclear war, and people are still mostly scavenging to survive? There are still only scattered small settlements? D.C. is still an irradiated hellhole full of maddened radiation-victim survivors that became mutants (i.e. feral ghouls). Humanity has made no progress in the 200 years since culturally or technologically?

If you were to rewind things a bit, set it say, 40-60 years after the nuclear war, then you would have a decent premise for a post-apocalyptic show with proper time framing. Makes sense for humanity to still be stuck in a "scavenger/small community" culture.

But another thing; setting it near LA. By that time, the NCR is a full fledged nation and has already all but completely settled the territory they own, especially considering Boneyard is one of their biggest cities, if not the biggest (pop size I mean). Lore wise there really aren't any raider gangs or roving bands of mutants, and after 200 titty flipping years you would figure the Boneyard was likely picked clean by now except for the most hidden hot spots, so you're really not going to find any scavs either. Yet things like this are almost defining elements of Fallout. If I recall, there was a reason Obsidian chose not to return to California for their game. It's been done - that story has been told. California has been conquered and settled already, the days of "wasteland living" are long gone there, it has a fully functioning nation state for christs sake, including all the governmental bureaucratic apparatus you'd expect one to have.

Part of me knows I'm asking these questions, when I already know the show is just going to ignore the fact that 200 years have past, and still include raiders, mutants, and scavs anyways like humanity made zero social or cultural progress since then.

But why so late in the timeline? I remember this being a major issue I had with Fallout 3. You're telling me it's set 200 years after the nuclear war, and people are still mostly scavenging to survive? There are still only scattered small settlements? D.C. is still an irradiated hellhole full of maddened radiation-victim survivors that became mutants (i.e. feral ghouls). Humanity has made no progress in the 200 years since culturally or technologically?
Because Bethesda unfortunately started this shitty trend with the series that its setting needs to be an eternal hellhole to be considered Fallout. When in reality the franchise was about how humanity would recover from a nuclear apocalypse and that meant the setting going beyond everything destroyed and mutants everywhere.

So now most people have this wrong mental image of the series and it's so bad that even media outside of the game have to apparently adhere to this garbage ass bullshit created by Todd.

I just think it's funny when people mention shit like Rings of Power like that was ever gonna please religious fanatic Tolkien nerds in the first place. The dark skinned Hobbits did at least have some canonical basis at the very least. I never hear people say Terminal List or something like that because ALL THEY KNOW is what ALL THE FAGS are crying about.

iu

How about these two shows? Anything? Gen V was one that just finished and it was probably better than The Boys which everyone talks about when it is on but everyone acts like it never existed when it isn't. How convenient!

So you got two shows/original films you enjoy, from a company who has put out dozens since the 00's.

Wow. What an amazing track record.

That aside, except for the Boys those are all original ideas that Netflix (or Amazon) picked up, pitched by people outside the company.

I'm specifically talking about how they tend to fuck it up when adapting franchises. I watched the first three episodes of Rings of Power and it was objectively shit. There is a reason why there's so much hate for that show, you can't say everyone is wrong. Not to mention the Halo series being ass.

I also watched a bit of the Cowboy Bebop live action on 123movies. Absolute dogshit.

And have you seen their Twisted Metal trailer?

"Hey guys. So, we're adapting a franchise known for gritty, explosive, vehicle combat to television. What do we do for the trailer? Wait. I got it. Let's have NO vehicle combat at all, infact let's not even include a car in the trailer. Instead have our main characters have a fucking fist fight. One of the character's can say something like 'Boy, I love Hawaiian Punch!" before he punches someone. Fuck, that's brilliant, I'm giving myself another raise. Let's also find the most beloved character of the series we can, and make him do a ridiculous dance number. People love it when we put characters they love in humiliating, out-of-character situations, right? How about to the thong song? I don't see how this can go wrong!"

Now - this is Peacock, but still. Streaming services in general don't tend to care about the franchises they adapt. They just see a pre-existing fanbase and think it automatically translates to money.

Last edited:
Wasn't Twisted Metal, wasn't even Twisted Metal Black, it was just some....thing. Also it had the guy who plays Falcon in it so you knew right from the get go it was gonna be a stinker.

The way Fallout 1 and 2 played and the generalised gun toting ways of America within 50m years the population would be 0 lol.
On one playthrough I had I killed virtually everyone and I am a pacifist by nature.

The Twisted Metal show is clearly Twisted Metal in name only. The only good thing they managed is to have Samoa Joe play Sweet tooth. The Fallout show clearly looks like fucking Fallout. It has actual actors instead of shitty retards like Mackie that act in primarily MCU stuff.

But another thing; setting it near LA. By that time, the NCR is a full fledged nation and has already all but completely settled the territory they own, especially considering Boneyard is one of their biggest cities, if not the biggest (pop size I mean).
Maybe they will pull out the amazing card of "something bad happened and now the NCR is almost gone". Kinda like what they did in Fallout 3 about how the BoS was sent east to find the Midwest BoS (which controlled a pretty large territory) but couldn't find any sign of them so they went to Washington DC looking for tech instead.

It's the old handwaving.

Although, as I've seen some people mention, there's an NCR flag on some vault or something, so it seems like the NCR is still around.

To be honest I am not watching the trailer and haven't looked at most leaked pictures either. Once it's out I might watch the first episodes and see if it's good or if it sucks. Although I haven't watched any "new" TV series in many years now, I might just end up skipping this one too. :shrug:

The last new show Risewild watched was Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. ;)

It's gonna suck, and ppl will flood the forum to bitch and moan about it. And not in a good way..

Hey asshole I left a message on your profile go read it.

Maybe they will pull out the amazing card of "something bad happened and now the NCR is almost gone". Kinda like what they did in Fallout 3 about how the BoS was sent east to find the Midwest BoS (which controlled a pretty large territory) but couldn't find any sign of them so they went to Washington DC looking for tech instead.

It's the old handwaving.

Although, as I've seen some people mention, there's an NCR flag on some vault or something, so it seems like the NCR is still around.

To be honest I am not watching the trailer and haven't looked at most leaked pictures either. Once it's out I might watch the first episodes and see if it's good or if it sucks. Although I haven't watched any "new" TV series in many years now, I might just end up skipping this one too. :shrug:

I'll likely pirate the first episode, but if it sucks I'm not going to stick around just to hate watch. Wasn't worth it for ROP, a terrible show doesn't always mean "so bad it's good".

Was there Bawls in anything but FO:BOS? I thought that was seen as a bad joke; Interplay devs/marketing sell-outs having the drink as a commercial sponsor.

There are Bawls all over the place if you look HARD enough.

I'll likely pirate the first episode, but if it sucks I'm not going to stick around just to hate watch. Wasn't worth it for ROP, a terrible show doesn't always mean "so bad it's good".
I don't understand people who hate watch stuff. Why getting outraged at something you don't like but keep watching?
It's like people playing games they don't like so they can keep hating... Why make themselves experience this hate over and over? People need to let go and chase happiness instead of hate.

I'm a grumpy person. I grump about everything and it's fun, but there is a difference between being a grump and being a hater... I also don't chase stuff to grump about either. :aiee:

I don't understand people who hate watch stuff. Why getting outraged at something you don't like but keep watching?
It's like people playing games they don't like so they can keep hating... Why make themselves experience this hate over and over? People need to let go and chase happiness instead of hate.

I'm a grumpy person. I grump about everything and it's fun, but there is a difference between being a grump and being a hater... I also don't chase stuff to grump about either. :aiee:

Because these people are often bitter and angry in general so they hate fuck anything that appeals in some tangential way.

Ok, come on. Westworld season 2 didn’t suck because of wokeness, the writing just sucked.

Anyway, parts of this look good. I like the desert setting. I like how that one guy (looks like Chris Parnell) is a cyclops, though there really shouldn’t be mutants like that in the vault. But I hate all the Fallout 4 stuff, naturally. Walton Goggins’ ghoul looks terrible. I get that it would take a ton of makeup to make a good ghoul and it would hide a lot of the actor’s expressions and stuff, but come on. He looks like a normal guy without a nose or eyebrows.

It would’ve been cool to give that Yao-guai an extra head. Or make dogmeat an Australian cattle dog.
Writing sucked in a way that they neutered or killed every male character from first season and installed strong female robot which gained or loosed superpowers as the plot requested.
Call it whatever you want, but when you can predict what characters will do and how their character arc will be done based on their sex, it is a woke bullshit.

As for having positive thoughts related to Fallout... it is 2023. and having any kind of thoughts for any franchise is a road to disappointment and despair.
If they make something watchable, good.
But trailer isn't promising much.

Back