Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

Anyone knows how to leave the Flashback Episode Vault? Should I just reload a save from back in Tibbets? I'm playing the (apparently) last public version linked earlier in the thread. What I've done so far:
- finished the big three things: restoring power, repairing the robot and turning on the life support system
- agreed to the request of the security head guy to find him a .50 cal magnum
- turned down his request to join him in doing the revolution
- informed him about missing technician, guy then went to stand in front of the elevator
I stealth cleaned the weapon storage and he just attacked me when I came near, after that all the npcs in the area turned hostile. Reloaded and went after him without touching the weapons, he went into the elevator and disappeared without a trace. No dialogue or anything. Underseer is stuck on the congratulatory dialogue, still no reward in sight. Doctor can sell me some happy pills on the side, but what for? There's an odd noninteractable NPC called 'citizen' (male)' that just stands with his back turned to the camera, staring at a wall or a fridge. Can't open the Vault door from the inside. I also dropped to -5 karma from 0 somehow, was it because I fed the dogs in the city and then just left them behind? There was no option to take them with me inside the Vault. I didn't pick any pockets but I picked the locks in the tool storage.

Last edited:
Anyone knows how to leave the Flashback Episode Vault? Should I just reload a save from back in Tibbets? I'm playing the (apparently) last public version linked earlier in the thread. What I've done so far:
- finished the big three things: restoring power, repairing the robot and turning on the life support system
- agreed to the request of the security head guy to find him a .50 cal magnum
- turned down his request to join him in doing the revolution
- informed him about missing technician, guy then went to stand in front of the elevator
I stealth cleaned the weapon storage and he just attacked me when I came near, after that all the npcs in the area turned hostile. Reloaded and went after him without touching the weapons, he went into the elevator and disappeared without a trace. No dialogue or anything. Underseer is stuck on the congratulatory dialogue, still no reward in sight. Doctor can sell me some happy pills on the side, but what for? There's an odd noninteractable NPC called 'citizen' (male)' that just stands with his back turned to the camera, staring at a wall or a fridge. Can't open the Vault door from the inside. I also dropped to -5 karma from 0 somehow, was it because I fed the dogs in the city and then just left them behind? There was no option to take them with me inside the Vault. I didn't pick any pockets but I picked the locks in the tool storage.
It’s been a while since I played it but I vaguely remember that you have to activate some computer in the Vault in order to leave.

It’s been a while since I played it but I vaguely remember that you have to activate some computer in the Vault in order to leave.
Then I can't find which one. The only ones that are interactable in any way are the life support terminal and vault's learning terminal (which just gave me about 300 xp). There's also one in the corner of the room where the learning terminal is which gives me cryptic 'nothing happens' instead of the good old 'you fail to learn anything'. Using Lil Pip on computers doesn't do anything, using it from the inventory just gives me even more cryptic voiced 'so long'. Wasn't there also some sort of hidden timer? I tried waiting but gave up after reaching January.

Edit: I tried bombing key points (generator, life support computer, air processing unit, overseer's seat) and it does nothing. Npcs don't even care. Is the game bugging out or is there no exit in this version?

Last edited:
Then I can't find which one. The only ones that are interactable in any way are the life support terminal and vault's learning terminal (which just gave me about 300 xp). There's also one in the corner of the room where the learning terminal is which gives me cryptic 'nothing happens' instead of the good old 'you fail to learn anything'. Using Lil Pip on computers doesn't do anything, using it from the inventory just gives me even more cryptic voiced 'so long'. Wasn't there also some sort of hidden timer? I tried waiting but gave up after reaching January.

Edit: I tried bombing key points (generator, life support computer, air processing unit, overseer's seat) and it does nothing. Npcs don't even care. Is the game bugging out or is there no exit in this version?

If I remember right, there is some sort of radio with floating text you can interact with - that's how I escaped the simulation. It's been a while since I last played, though, so I may be wrong.

If I remember right, there is some sort of radio with floating text you can interact with - that's how I escaped the simulation. It's been a while since I last played, though, so I may be wrong.
Thanks. No floating text but clicking on the jukebox on the second floor sent me back out, despite it only playing music before. Mysterious.

There are regular updates on Patreon. I get the impression Hexer is working on it at full capacity.

I still check in on his Patreon to see if he's still busy, and sure enough, every week or so there's a new post about his work on the game. I'm not a Patron so I don't know the specifics of where anything's at right now but he is still working on it.

You will have to wait and see what will Santa bring for presents tomorrow morning ;-)
Fuck Yes!!!

Unfortuneatly due to fallout christmas beeing a bit early this year mid november AFAiR.. the actual christmas became a bit starved, since I already plowed through all the new content from the november releases. So taking a bite at Fo:Y would be refeshing, that is if You plan to release beyond patreon that is :) .

Good Luck and merry xmas man.

Back