Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

So.. at what time does 'ol Santa visit Hexerland?

It's past 10:30 am on 25th where I live, I know it's a timezone issue, so that's why I'm asking :p

So.. at what time does 'ol Santa visit Hexerland?

It's past 10:30 am on 25th where I live, I know it's a timezone issue, so that's why I'm asking :p

Hopefully Hexerland is not in Honolulu *sweats hard*

Seriously though Merry Christmas to all mutants here and looking forward to have a great time with this mod today. ;)

heh.. at least i still have time to farm hell kurast with my Necromancer in Diablo 2 Resurrected. Actually my first character that made this far. others were always discouraged by immunities.

heh.. at least i still have time to farm hell kurast with my Necromancer in Diablo 2 Resurrected. Actually my first character that made this far. others were always discouraged by immunities.

Hopefully his HD with all Yesterday data did not crash in the most inopportune moment.

Or maybe it was Honolulu morning after all. :P

Or maybe its just Christmas busyness.

Good luck with your Diablo playthrough man!

Congratulations!

I can't run the .exe because some Windows Defender shit, what do I do?

Last edited:
was hoping
Congratulation!

I can't run the .exe because some Windows Defender shit, What do I do?
To temporarily disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus, open the Windows Security app. Go to the “Virus & threat protection” section. Click on “Manage settings” and toggle the switch under “Real-time protection” to OFF. This will turn the antivirus off while allowing certain tasks to be completed without disruption.

how much % is this of the full game? an expectation is fine.
Gratz on a release!

We get this question a lot but it's a bit tricky to answer :)

Content wise, almost everything is done with the exception of CGI videos, voice overs and some music tracks. Also Ouroboros and the Nursery were done in the old FOnline engine so we'll have to backport them to Fallout 2 engine.

Now putting all the finished stuff into the game is a different task when it comes to time. I think it took something like 5 or 6 weeks just to properly integrate the Rim art into multiple Hoover Dam locations. While on the other hand, one dev can squash something like 20 bugs in a day of work. So content-wise it's 90% done, while implementation-wise it's 50% done as v0.5 suggests.

All this taken into account, 2024 will be very exciting for classic Fallout fans!

Congratulations!

I can't run the .exe because some Windows Defender shit, what do I do?

It's probably complaining because it's a password protected 7 Zip file.

You can use 7 Zip to open it just like any other archive.

Speaking of which, do the new traits that can be chosen at the beginning of the game offer some new dialogue, options in quests, romantic/sexual dalliances, chances to make potential companions join our party or are just for fun?

Speaking of which, do the new traits that can be chosen at the beginning of the game offer some new dialogue, options in quests, romantic dalliances, chances to make companions join our party or are just for fun?

Yes they do, but they are not implemented everywhere yet. I would try them out just for fun now but don't assume all of them will have a huge impact on your gameplay. For example, being a pacifist makes you unable to threaten anyone with violence so sometimes you are cornered when it comes to dialog options. But not all dialogs support this. On the other hand, being a beastlord mutant allows you to command animals, which can turn the tide of battle.

Hexer, it's reasonable to expect, that final version will show up before end of 2024?

Hi, I'll do my best to get the majority of the game done by the end of 2024. I can't say everything since it's an enormous game. The worldmap is 5 times the size of Fallout 2 and that one took a large group of devs 9 months to finish.
Now I can imagine there being lots of polishing and bugfixing in 2025.
What makes things great is that I can do focused work during 2024 around quests and NPCs. The worst thing for deadlines is when you are working in constant start/stop state and jump from one different thing to the other. This project is beyond that now.

maybe the GoG version doesnt come with it. Didnt it also use some older version of the unofficial patch?

GOG version does have patch000.dat

I think killap's patches used to unpack & remove it. Not sure about UPU/RPU.

Back