Favorite Power Armor?

keyser Soeze said:
I like the soldiers armours in jin roh.

Z285.jpg

jin_roh.jpg

jinroh1.jpg

anime08b.jpg
Damn! So, someone invented MG-34/42 armed power armored troopers before me? Grrr...
And I thought I was original :cry: ...

For the sake of preserving the forum (1614x2276 images are unholy), I've adjusted your post to be more reasonable, Divinepain.

In the future, edit your posts instead of posting multiple times in a row, especially when it is because of an easy-to-fix error as was your original post (which I vatted).

edityourpost

There's a difference between Power Armour and a Mobile Tank/Mecha.

Moving on, I'd say that the armor in Starship Troopers (the book, not the dumbass movie).

My Favourite PA is "Skin" from Peter F Hamilton's "Fallen dragon", 5cm thick armoured muscle powered by super-oxygenated blood and then the wearers own heart and lungs when that runs out.

I'm rather quite fond of the light recon armor worn by the main character Felix in the sci-fi novel Armor.

As far as stuff that can actually visually be SHOWN goes, I'm really quite fond of the Iron Man armor from the Ellis/Granov run on the comic:

iron_man-2.jpg

The new look is only half the fun. I'm not heavy into comics, but the suit (and Tony Stark himself) now come with a bevy of new features that just make Iron Man all kinds of cool.

And of course, we have the Iron Man prototype (the shots below are from the Granov design and the upcoming movie, respectively), which really gives the retro-future enthusiast in me the tingles:

compare-grey-armor-thumb.jpg

Mikael Grizzly said:
shot19_e.jpg

Especially the Axis ones.
Tesla Trooper.

I watched Jin Roh yesterday. I love its armor. Especially that it's not overused. They made a cool armor and it's used in 1/10-1/20 of the movie...

I'll always have a soft spot for the Xcom Power Suit

xcomtw9.png

Possibly the only powered armour in existance to come with a beer belly. :)

Back