First Impression of Fallout 4

That seems to be the case so far. It doesn't even tell you what your persuasion option is from, besides a simple colored option.

Played for over 20 hours so far, and WOW the map feels small... smaller than 3 even. I wonder if that rumor of diamond city being the only major settlement was true...

I already got a second minigun at the beginning of the game already from a named boss. This game is taking my sanity slowly but steadily, I think I need a hug. How come the zombies...erm...ghouls look like a mix between Gollum and zombies?

Right now, i cannot even bring myself to complete the game anymore. It's just so much of an antithesis of what it stands, and i keep getting peeved at every quest. I think ive offically washed my hands of this game. Time to find something else.

I can't believe I did a quest to slaughter raiders to keep them from forcefully taking from a "settlement"(two one room hovels and some fruit/vegetables) despite the fact that they're soo far away! How does that make any sense?

I already got a second minigun at the beginning of the game already from a named boss. This game is taking my sanity slowly but steadily, I think I need a hug. How come the zombies...erm...ghouls look like a mix between Gollum and zombies?

Was it Ack Ack or something? I thought it was crazy too.

You're on a quest to find a goddamn locket and some random raider chick is coming at you with a fucking minigun. Loss of words.

While I'm having a fair amount of fun despite myself, that fun doesn't hide the fact that I'm getting really tired of Bethesda having provided (read: "forced me into") a character. I didn't mind it in Mass Effect so much, because it was established from the first moment that you're being provided with a Shepard puppet to control. It just doesn't work in Fallout. I'm really sick of "my" character having a thought process that is different than mine, even when I'm trying to choose the very limited options that seem like they're close to what I would want to say.

Maybe I didn't want to kill that guy Bethesda, maybe I would have rather have left him alive to try and pump him for more information Bethesda, why are you forcing decisions on me Bethesda?

After 20 hours (around 30% of which at 0-2 FPS, but it's OK, my PC doesn't meet the requirements) I finally got to Diamond city. And pretty much EVERYONE and their mother keeps asking me about Shaun. And when I try to keep it to myself, like any normal person would, I have no option to do so politely, and end up sounding like a complete asshole in the end.
Seriously Bethesda, this is jarring as fuck. I try to "roleplay" as a generally nice guy, but I don't want to share personal information, ok? Just because I don't want to share that doesn't mean that I should respond with "None of your business" to people!
But I finally got to say that I hate newspapers. Felt good. Of course the actual line was lame as f*ck, but still, mission accomplished, can just as well uninstall now. :grin:

And seriously, what's the deal with that? At least four people were basically questioning me about my freakin family life completely out of nowhere. First the mayor asks me what I'm looking for, then Piper, then her sister and then the goddamn pastor. Seriously, who else is going to ask me about my son?! At this point Takahashi-san is my favorite character in Diamond City, at least he doesn't ask me about my damn son!

Last edited:
Can you roleplay as Philip J. Fry? If not, I have no reason to play this game.

It'd be a real missed opportunity considering the cryogenic thing.

After 20 hours (around 30% of which at 0-2 FPS, but it's OK, my PC doesn't meet the requirements) I finally got to Diamond city. And pretty much EVERYONE and their mother keeps asking me about Shaun. And when I try to keep it to myself, like any normal person would, I have no option to do so politely, and end up sounding like a complete asshole in the end.
Seriously Bethesda, this is jarring as fuck. I try to "roleplay" as a generally nice guy, but I don't want to share personal information, ok? Just because I don't want to share that doesn't mean that I should respond with "None of your business" to people!
But I finally got to say that I hate newspapers. Felt good. Of course the actual line was lame as f*ck, but still, mission accomplished, can just as well uninstall now. :grin:

And seriously, what's the deal with that? At least four people were basically questioning me about my freakin family life completely out of nowhere. First the mayor asks me what I'm looking for, then Piper, then her sister and then the goddamn pastor. Seriously, who else is going to ask me about my son?! At this point Takahashi-san is my favorite character in Diamond City, at least he doesn't ask me about my damn son!

4 options dialogue caused by voice protagonist and shitty lazy writing in a nutshell.

I just... want Fallout to die at this point. Just kill it. ;_;

Back