First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

God the fucking people sticking up for this game in the comment section. Why do I get the feeling that most of them are really big fans of Micheal Bay movies.

God the fucking people sticking up for this game in the comment section. Why do I get the feeling that most of them are really big fans of Micheal Bay movies.

Well, it's an admittedly very different place in which to blow stuff up and shoot people, different from the usual "beautifully rendered and realistic" or "space" places in which FPS lovers blow stuff up and shoot people. Isn't that the main value model of the Skyrim games? A pretty fantasy world in which to grind until you unlock uber powerful armor enhantments and (spells or weapon enchantments) and then blow everything up? Same thing but substitute "brown" for "pretty". :)

There's just a large group of people who very much do like this sort of thing. And more power to 'em I have no problem with that.

Now if only someone was developing a big-budget Fallout RPG as well, that would be cool!

(Seriously, by this measure, an RPG is anything where you get bigger guns as you go along. The next stage of "advancement" for an RPG will simplify it to the point where Duke Nukem 3D is an RPG. "I found a bigger gun" = level up, "Shake em baby" = role playing conversation.)

New Vegas is nowhere to be found in the 2010 list.

Fuck you, Angry Joe.

>Adds Rise of The Tomb Raider as one of his top ten games of the year(which I heard was shit).
>Sets Fallout 4: Borderlands edition as #3(nope nope nope nope)
>Doesn't add Underrail.
Can't take him serious.

>Adds Rise of The Tomb Raider as one of his top ten games of the year(which I heard was shit).
>Doesn't add Underrail.
Can't take him serious.
I don't think he's heard of Underrail. It's a miracle PoE even made the list.

Oh, and of course Undertale isn't on it. Not enough specularly highlighted bloodstains for him, I guess.

>Doesn't add Underrail.
Can't take him serious.

I enjoyed the rebooted Tomb Raider. Some aspects felt derivative and generic, but it was overall enjoyable. I heard it was simply better graphics, better gameplay and more of the same, so I guess that makes sense.

Angry Joe goes a lot for popularity. Bashing a popular game would make him look bad (I know he crusades against corporate bullshit, but all successful activists have a little hypocrisy in them, this is fact), so I guess he had to try and push it in the list somewhat.

Underrail is a very niche indie game with little marketing to it. It would definitely get swept away with all the gems hidden inside Steam's indie catalogue, considering how little it has been heard of. NMA peruses a genre that simply died out as a result of no one seeing the potential in it. Don't expect too many reviewers to match standards with a lot of people here.

Back