Game Informer The Pitt interview

Kanian said:
Beelzebud said:
It's bad enough that they had to turn Fallout into an action game, but the fact that they're picking the corpse of Van Buren clean just angers me.

They really don't have one original idea do they?

Damn, if it's one thing its another with those like you, you should happy Beth decided to use concepts from Van Buren, better to get something from the true creators of Fallout than some random BS from Beth.

I for one am almost ecstatic that they are using Van Buren ideas, so I can maybe, after forging through the bad game play, imagine I am playing Van Buren.

A) Van Buren wasn't from the true creators of Fallout.

B) You may be ecstatic to be "forging through bad game play", by telling yourself "hey at least they ripped off Fallout", but I simply can't be dishonest to myself in that way. That's just ignoring reality.

Beelzebud said:
It's bad enough that they had to turn Fallout into an action game, but the fact that they're picking the corpse of Van Buren clean just angers me.

They really don't have one original idea do they?

No... no they don't. They like many American companies in the entertainment business have no original thought or ideas, they just lift from anyone else... either older work or foreign work. It is truly disgusting.

What I find more disgusting is the certain degree of ignorance amongst 'new' gamers who tolerate and applaud this copycat behavior.

Heck often they say its even better than the original, apparently having the idea that this was what it was suppose to be in the first place.

Yeah, but do they really have so little creativity in their team that they can't come up with their own ideas? It's not like anyone had ever heard of this van buren stuff before; most of it was newly created ideas.

Think about it. What ideas did they contribute to the Fallout world? Teddy Bear launchers and a concrete saw that would never work properly because of its "COOL" design?

Beelzebud said:
Yeah, but do they really have so little creativity in their team that they can't come up with their own ideas?

Duh. If they could come up with their own ideas they would've never needed to buy a dead IP.

I can't say that Fallout was a 'dead' IP, more of 'hibernating' one.

Unfortunate it got picked up by the wrong kind of developers.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Unfortunate it got picked up by the wrong kind of developers.

The Michael Bay's of the gaming world.

The writing might be marginally better than the rest of fallout 3 as they don't have the write so much dialogue this time.
Like how OA was better than the other combat sections of the game, which isn't saying much but is something.

I reckon the trogs will be a new creature, if it's the only one they are doing then it's possible.
Though doubt new animations as the Auto Axe doesen't seem to use any.

Pittsburgh itself is infected with “Trogs,” creatures that were once human but slowly devolved into scampering mutants who fear the light and fight in packs...

Beelzebud said:
100LBSofDogmeat said:
...It is truly disgusting.

"Write what you know", all writing courses teach. You wanted them to become better writers? Well, now you have it. After all, when it comes to dealing with depraved creatures that were once human, is there a more qualified expert on the subject than Howard's own employees? Exactly. Now, give the guys a break...

Oh, as for the clever "invention" of AutoAxe, it looks like somebody has been peeking at Gears of War 2 sales numbers. Tsk tsk.

Ranne said:
Oh, as for the clever "invention" of AutoAxe, it looks like somebody has been peeking at Gears of War 2 sales numbers. Tsk tsk.

hehe! Are you trying to imply that they are still aiming for FPS action when they have admitted how FO3 sucks as one? Its still funny how they came with such a lame name for o-me-gawd-so-kewl-a-weaponz. "Autoaxe"? FTW!

If Beth think that they can compete with real shooters, they're sadly mistaken. They need to stick with what they do best, which seems to be sandbox gameplay. Too bad they don't have anything else of interest to put in the sandbox.

TwinkieGorilla said:
Gardiner said:
The Pitt is very morally ambiguous – there’s no real right or wrong, just choices to be made, sides to be chosen.
Holy crap, I didn't even notice that one. The moral ambiguity of what? Antiviral therapy? Slaveholding? As far as absurd talking points go, this one seems cretinous beyond compare.

CVG said:
The Pitt consists of a large 'dungeon' area, an abandoned steel yard, as well as a settlement divided into two halves; Downtown, occupied by slaves, and Haven occupied by their masters.
. . .
[A]nd one major quest has you taking on the role of a slave, investigating rumours that the Raider boss has found a cure for mutation.

It's kind of hard to be morally ambiguous with Fallout 3's broken karma system, and I doubt they dumped that.

i'm not sure which is worse. that Bethie think they have it in 'em to actually write well enough to pose something in a morally ambiguous way or that for the life of 'em, they just can't.

Since they're starting to reuse material from Van Buren in the DLC, I wonder if we'll see references to Caesar's Legion in Broken Steel.

Back